On January 19, 2020, Delhi Chief Minister (CM) and AAP (Aam Aadmi Party) national convenor Arvind Kejriwal has launched the “Kejriwal Ka Guarantee Card”, a 10-point shorter election manifesto of the party, ahead of Delhi Assembly elections 2020 to be held on Feb 8, 2020. The detailed manifesto will be released after January 26, 2020.
List of 10 “guarantees” assured by Delhi CM is as follows:
- 24 hours of electricity will continue – 200 units of free electricity for all people will continue, Delhi will be freed from the mess of high-tension wires
- Delhi people will be provided 24-hour pure piped drinking water to each house in the next 5 years and the scheme of providing 20,000 liters of free water will continue.
- Every child born in Delhi can access a world-class education facility till graduation – whether it is a private school / a government school child.
- The Guarantee Card also promised better health facilities for all people.
- Delhi government to implement traffic control at the international level – Delhi Metro’s network will be built & more than 11,000 buses and 500-kilometer Metro stretch in the city, security of women will also be arranged, free bus travel for women will continue for the next 5 years, students will also be given free travel.
- The party will make effort to reduce pollution – more than 2 crore trees will be planted &Yamuna will also be freed from pollution, at the end of 5 years.
- Delhi will be garbage-free , street, drain and paths are free from garbage.
- For security of women , one and a half million cameras &one and a half lakh street lights will be installed, Mohalla Marshals will be deployed in buses.
- Road , water, drain, mohalla clinic will be built in Kutchi Colony Where slum dwellers will build houses
- The party will give ‘pucca’ houses to people living in slums under the ‘Jahan Jhuggi Wahin Makan’ scheme.
Official animal– Nilgai
Official bird– House sparrow