Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia presented a Rs 46,600 crore annual budget for 2016-17, pegging plan outlay at Rs 20,600 crore. An increase of Rs.8,850 crore over last year,
- AravindKejriwal led Delhi government put a tax-free budget and rationalised the VAT structure The Govement allocated lion’s share of Rs.10,690 crore for education or nearly 23 percent of the total allocation.
Things that will be Cheaper:
- E rickshaws, battery operated vehicles
- Hybrid vehicles
- Sweets, snacks and savoury items
- All ready-made garments
The Finance Minister has also allocated Rs.350 crore for ‘SwarajNidhi’, a fund to execute projects selected through mohallasabhas.
- About 95 percent of the budget will be from our own resources, and only five percent will be provided by
- TheCentral government. Of the total budget, Rs.36, 500 crore will come from the taxes collected.
- Budget for municipal corporations hiked by Rs.1,000 crore.
- Delhi govt to start AamAadmi canteen, Rs.10 crore allocated for this purpose.
- Govt to provide drinking water through pipeline in every colony by December 2017,Rs.676 crore set aside for this purpose.
- Propose Rs 676 crore in 2016-17 for making pipeline in 300 unauthorized colonies
- Rs 152 cr for realizing the dream of Late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, of skill training
- Last mile connectivity & pollution to be tackled together by increasing subsidy on e-rickshaws from Rs 15,000 to Rs 30,000.
- Despite giving 20K litre monthly free water, profit of DJB went up by 178 cr. People also started saving water.
- All Delhi Transport Corporation and cluster buses to have WiFi, GPS and CCTVs.
- 2000 new cluster buses and non AC buses to take some load of Delhi metro.
- Rs 763 cr boost for Delhi metro and 517 more metro buses on 93 routes.
- Propose addition of 1000 new cluster buses & 1000 new premium buses in financial year 2016-17.
- Propose Rs 350 crore towards realising the dream of MohallaSabhas in 2016.
- Our 3-tier Healthcare system involves Mohalla Clinics in 3rd Tier, Polyclinics in 2nd tier and Hospitals in 1st tier.
- 57 lakh card holders get benefit from e-ration card facility.