Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) a GMR Group-led consortium,that operated Indira Gandhi International Airport has developed AIR SUVIDHA, a first-of-its-kind portal allowing international arriving passengers to fill a mandatory self-declaration form and eligible passengers to apply for exemption from compulsory institutional quarantine for coronavirus. It will make passengers’ journey more convenient and comfortable in a contactless way as they won’t have to fill the physical copies of the forms on arrival.
- The online forms have been developed in collaboration with various state governments, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Passengers can assess AIR SUVIDHA at website of Delhi Airport ‘www.newdelhiairport.in’
-There are total of five categories of passengers who can get exemption from the mandatory seven-day institutional quarantine viz.
- Pregnant women
- Those who have suffered death in the family
- Those suffering from a serious illness
- Parents accompanying children below 10 years of age
- Those who have COVID-negative certificate from a test done 96 hours prior to the journey.
-Passengers who are allowed the exemption would have to undergo 14-day home quarantine. All other international passengers arriving in India have to follow the usual process of undergoing mandatory seven-days institutional quarantine, at their own cost, followed by seven days of home quarantine.
About Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW):
Cabinet Minister– Dr Harsh Vardhan
Minister of State (MoS)– Ashwini Kumar Choubey
About Ministry of External Affairs (MEA):
Union Minister– Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
Minister of State (MoS)– Vellamvelly Muraleedharan