On commemorating the first death anniversary of the former president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, the Ministry of Defence has unveiled a life-size statue of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam at his burial site in Peikarumbu, Rameswaram Island.
Statue for APJ:-
In order to remember APJ forever in our minds and hearts and his thoughts continue to be with us all the time Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu and Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Inaugurated the bronze statue of APJ Abdul Kalam.
About APJ Abdul Kalam:-
- Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen“ P. J.” Abdul Kalam born in 15 October 1931 in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu. He was a career scientist turned politician. He studied physics and aerospace engineering and spent the next four decades as a scientist and science administrator at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- He was profoundly known for his involvement in India’s civilian space program and militarymissile development efforts and also became the Missile Man of India for his work on the development of ballistic missile and launch vehicle
- He led the pivotal organizational, technical, and political team in India’sPokhran-II nuclear tests in 1998. Abdul Kalam plays a crucial role in the development of missiles namely AGNI and PRITHVI.
- He was also appointed as the Chief Scientific Adviser to The Prime Minister of India & the Secretary of DRDO during the years 1992-1999.He served as the Coordinator of the Pokhran 11 Nuclear tests.
- He became the11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. Kalam was elected as the 11th President of India in 2002 with the support of both the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party and the then-opposition Indian National Congress.
- He had name called “People’s President for his normal civilian life and started writing books on education, writing and public service after a single term. He was a recipient ofBharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian honour.
- It is so sad to share that at the age 83, while delivering a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management Shillong, Kalam collapsed and died from an apparent cardiac arrest on 27 July 2015.
Some famous inspirational quotes by this great human being:-
- Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts Result in action. Dreams are not those which come while we are sleeping, but dreams are those when you don’t sleep before fulfilling them.
- For great men, religion is a way of making friends; small people make religion a fighting tool.
- We will be remembered only if we give to our younger generation a prosperous and safe India, resulting out of economic prosperity coupled with civilization heritage.
- The sides of the mountains sustain life, not the peak. This is where things grow, experience is gained, and technologies are mastered. The importance of the peak lies only in the fact that it defines the sides.
- If you want to leave your footprints on the sands of time do not drag your feet.
Some of his writings are:-
- India 2020: A Vision for the New Millennium
- Wings of Fire: An Autobiography
- Ignited Minds: Unleashing the Power Within India
- Mission India
- Inspiring Thoughts
- You Are Born To Blossom: Take My Journey Beyond
- Turning Points: A journey through challenges
- A Manifesto for Change: A Sequel to India 2020
- Reignited: Scientific Pathways to a Brighter Future
- Transcendence: My Spiritual Experiences with Pramukh Swamiji
- Advantage India: From Challenge to Opportunity.