Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched subsidized meal scheme at Rs.5 in Gwalior. This scheme helps people to get economical nutritious and good quality food under the Deendayal Rasoi Yojana at cheaper rates. It is launched in 49 districts across the state.
- The scheme includes 49 districts in first phase. Under this scheme the poor people will get four chapattis, one vegetable curry and dal everyday between 11am to 3pm.
- Breakfast will be served at Rs 5 and lunch will be served at Rs.8. All these arrangements will be done by Level Coordination And Monitoring Commiittee in which they will monitor all aspects of scheme and at least 2000 people will serve every day.
- The wheat and rice would be made available at very cheap price at Rs.1 and electricity, water will be available at free of cost.
- The budget of this scheme is Rs 10 crore and it will be funded by Corporate Sector Under Corporate Social Responsibility.
Benefits Of This Scheme
- Poor people will get proper food at an affordable cost.
- Food will be nutritious and healthy so that no pernicious disease affects poor people.
- Menu will be revised every week.
- Boon for the labor class people as they are getting food at a very low cost.
- It eliminates the problem of malnutrition and hunger among poor people.
Responsiblities Of Deendayal Rasoi Yojana
- All the urban bodies will take care of the basics needs like water, electricity, area building.
- Rasoi center will be chosen by District Level Coordination And Monitoring Committee as per the basis of need and poverty density.
Minister also mentioned in the news that the year 2017 will be marked as the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
Short view of Madhaya Pradesh
Four sites in Madhya Pradesh have been declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO: the Khajuraho Group of Monuments (1986) including Devi Jagadambi temple, Rewa, Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi (1989) and the Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka (2003).
- Governor – om prakash kohli
- Capital – Bhopal
- Language – Hindi
Festivals in Madhya Pradesh
- Pachmarhi Utsav.
- Khajuraho Dance Festival
- Lokrang SamarohMalwa Utsav
- Maha Shivratri Festival
- Tansen Music Festival
- Rashtriya Ramleela mela