The Banker, the Financial Times publication has honoured DBS Bank, a Singapore based financial service group, as the Global and Asia-Pacific winner for the Most Innovative in Digital Banking, at its Innovation in Digital Banking Awards 2021.
- The winners of the awards were announced by Joy Macknight, Editor of ‘The Banker’.
- The DBS has also won an award under the Cyber Security category for its Secure Access and Remote Working Solutions.
About Innovation in Digital Banking Awards:
i.Innovation in Digital Banking Awards recognises the innovative banks across the globe for their digital banking initiatives, strategy and overall commitment of DBS towards digital transformation.
ii.The Banker’s Technology Projects of the Year awards was renamed as the Innovation in Digital Banking Awards in 2020.
Innovations of DBS:
- DBS Digital Exchange, a blockchain-based ecosystem for fundraising through asset tokenization and secondary trading of digital assets such as cryptocurrencies.
- NAV Planner, a feature-rich digital advisory solution powered by around 100 Artificial Intelligence (AI) models.
- Covid contact-tracing solution using machine learning.
Other honours of DBS:
i.At the Regional Awards for Excellence 2021, Euromoney, a leading financial publication, has named DBS as Asia’s Best Bank and Asia’s Best Digital Bank for the 4th time
ii.Euromoney has also named DBS as the Best Bank and Best Investment Bank in Singapore.
iii.Global Finance has honoured DBS as the “Safest Bank in Asia” for 12 consecutive years from 2009 to 2020.
Recent Related News:
DBS, a leading financial services group headquartered in Singapore, tops the Forbes list of the World’s Best Banks 2021 in India. DBS ranked number 1 out of the 30 domestic and international banks in India for the 2nd consecutive year. This is the 3rd edition of the World’s Best Banks’ list by Forbes.
- The DBS has also topped the World’s Best Banks 2021 in Indonesia and has secured the 2nd rank under Singapore category and 10th under Taiwan category.
About DBS Bank:
DBS Bank was formerly known as “The Development Bank of Singapore Limited”
CEO– Piyush Gupta