On July 10 ,2017 Climate and energy efficiency solutions company Danfoss India has been recognized with the ‘Golden Peacock Award’ for Environment Management.
- During the 19th World Congress on Environment Management’ in the presence of Supreme Court Justice Kurien Joseph, the award was presented in Hyderabad.
- Ravichandran Purushothaman is a President of Danfoss India.
Danfoss’s commitment towards the environment :-
The Danfoss has been recognized for their manufacturing facility at Oragadam near Chennai was recently conferred with a LEED Platinum rated certification for its green and sustainable setup such as
- A 1 MW solar power plant,
- A bio-gas plant,
- Zero Liquid Discharge Waste Water Treatment plant,
- Rain Water Harvesting Pond,
- Energy efficient fixtures,
- Carbon foot print reduction initiatives,
- Extensive green cover at Campus among others.
Key factors for the award :-
- Its energy-efficient products
- Green initiatives at the Oragadam campus
- Its ongoing pan India CSR Programmes.
Other factors by Danfoss :-
Danfoss has given its commitment to COP21 and UN Global Compact, and also globally launched a ‘Climate Strategy 2030’ to reduce its energy intensity and CO2 intensity by 50 per cent before 2030 by driving greener technology investments.
About Danfoss :-
The Danfoss Group is a global producer of products and services used in areas such as cooling food, air conditioning, heating buildings, controlling electric motors, Compressors, Drives and powering mobile machinery.
- The company also touches its feet in the field of solar and wind power.
- Danfoss employs approximately 24,000 people worldwide with its headquarters in Nordborg, Denmark.
- Danfoss was founded in 1933 by Mads Clausen, and is today owned by The Bitten and Mads Clausen Foundation.
- In 2002 Danfoss joined the United Nations Global Compact, consisting of nine principles with social and environmental responsibility.