In a bid to practice preventive vigilance, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) will develop an ‘Integrity Index’, which will annually rank government entities viz. Public Sector Undertakings, Public Sector Banks and Financial Institution, Departments and Ministries of Government of India on anti-corruption measures which will include internal processes and controls as well as organisation’s interaction with external stakeholders.
Objectives for developing ‘Integrity Index’:
- To clearly define integrity in context of public organisations.
- To highlight different factors of Integrity and how they are linked to each other.
- To have an objective and reliable tool in place that measures the performance of organisations on predetermined factors of integrity.
- To validate the findings in order to improve the robustness of the tool.
- To create an internal and external ecosystem that promotes working with Integrity.
Constituent Organisations of Integrity Index:
CVC has roped in Indian Institute of Management – Ahmedabad (IIM-A) to develop the Integrity Index.
- Initially 25 organisations have been selected to develop the index. Gradually the concept of integrity index will be extended to other Central Public Sector Enterprises and Government bodies as well.
|1||IOCL||Oil & Gas|
|2||ONGC||Oil & Gas|
|10||National Highways Authority of India||Transport|
|11||Mumbai Port Trust||Transport|
|12||Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd.||Transport|
|13||Ministry of Railways||Transport|
|17||BHEL||Dept. of Heavy Industries|
|18||Cotton Corporation of India||Commerce & Textiles|
|19||Food Corporation of India||Social Sector|
|20||Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation||Social Sector|
|21||Medical Council of India||Social Sector|
|23||Delhi Development Authority||Urban Development & Local Bodies|
|24||South Delhi Municipal Corporation||Urban Development & Local Bodies|
|25||Central Board of Direct Taxes||Financial Sector|
Quick Facts about Central Vigilance Commission (CVC):
- Formed in – 1964
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Current Central Vigilance Commissioner – K V Chowdary