AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 7 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which minister has introduced The Code on Wages Bill 2017 in Lok Sabha On 10th August 2017?
1. D.V.Sadananda Gowda
2. Ravi Shankar Prasad
3. Bandaru Dattatreya
4. Prakash Javadekar
5. Santosh Kumar GangwarAnswer – 3. Bandaru Dattatreya
Explanation:-As part of labour law reforms, the Government has undertaken the exercise of rationalisation of the 38 Labour Acts by framing 4 labour codes viz Code on Wages, Code on Industrial Relations, Code on Social Security and Code on occupational safety, health and working conditions.On 10th August 2017, The Code on Wages Bill 2017 was introduced in Lok Sabha by Mr. Bandaru Dattatreya, Minister of State for Labour and Employment.
- Where did the India and Sri Lanka begin Joint Naval Exercise SLINEX 2017?
5. VisakhapatnamAnswer – 5. Visakhapatnam
On 7th September 2017, the seventh edition of India-Sri Lanka joint maritime naval exercise SLINEX 2017 started near Vishakhapatnam district of Andhra Pradesh in India on the Bay of Bengal. It will last till 14th September 2017.
SLINEX – Sri Lanka India Naval Exercise are a series of naval exercises between the Indian Navy and the Sri Lankan Navy.
- Which state CM has announced new programme named ‘Jala Siriki Haarati’ to offer prayers to water bodies?
3. Tamil Nadu
5. Andhra PradeshAnswer – 5. Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has announced a new programme named ‘Jala Siriki Haarati’. It is a programme offering prayers to water bodies and to create awareness among the public regarding water preservation announced on 6th sept. 2017.
- With which entity Gujarat government has signed a MoU for ‘Digital Gujarat’ movement under ‘Digital India’?
5. IBMAnswer – 2. Google
Gujarat government signed MoU with which entity for Digital Gujarat
The Gujarat government has signed a MoU with Google India for ‘Digital Gujarat’ movement under ‘Digital India’.Under the MoU Google will train small and medium scale entrepreneurs the use of digital platform for business development under the ‘Digital Unlocked’ programme.
- NITI Aayog constitutes Expert Task Force on Employment & Exports under Dr.Rajiv Kumar. What is the expansion of NITI?
1. The National Institution for Transforming India
2. The National Institution for Trending India
3. The National Institution for Transparency India
4. The National Institution for Transmuting India
5. The National Institution for Transcend IndiaAnswer – 1. The National Institution for Transforming India
On 6th September 2017, an Expert Task Force was constituted with the NITI Aayog Vice Chairman, Dr.Rajiv Kumar, as its Chairperson to provide a major thrust to job creation by enhancing India’s exports.The Indian workforce has high aspirations but still majority of the workers are still employed in low-productivity, low-wage jobs in small, micro and own-account enterprises.
- Which ministry gives more finance powers to chiefs of CRPF, BSF, NIA?
1. Minister of Home Affairs
2. Minister of Finance
3. Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
4. Minister of Corporate Affairs
5. Ministry of Overseas Indian AffairsAnswer – 1. Minister of Home Affairs
On 6th September 2017, Home Ministry announced that Chiefs of central armed police forces like Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Border Security Force (BSF) and other central agencies have been empowered to spend up to Rs.15 crore for executing major projects and Rs.1 crore for minor works, including repairing of residential buildings.
- Andhra Pradesh has signed MoU for country’s 1st Hyperloop to connect which of its two cities?
1. Visakhapatnam and Anantapur
2. Vijayawada and Amaravati
3. Kadapa and Guntur
4. Dharmavaram and Tripathi
5. Nellore and ChittoorAnswer – 2.Vijayawada and Amaravati
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board (APEDB) on 6th of Sept. 2017.The pact has been signed to connect Vijayawada and Amaravati, the new capital of Andhra Pradesh in Guntur district.
- On 5th September 2017, Indian Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi arrived at Myanmar on a three-day visit on President Mr.____________ invitation.
1. Akilisi Pohiva’s
2. Tony Tan Keng Yam’s
3. Htin Kyaw’s
4. Beji Caid Essebsi’s
5. Joko Widodo’sAnswer – 3. Htin Kyaw’s
On 5th September 2017, Indian Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi arrived at Myanmar on a three-day visit on President Mr. Htin Kyaw’s invitation.On 6th September 2017, 11 MoUs were signed with Myanmar after Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi held wide-ranging talks with Myanmar’s State Counsellor Ms.Aung San Suu Kyi and President Mr.Htin Kyaw.
- Name of Indian actress becomes 1st Indian woman ambassador for Tourism Australia.
1. Katrina kaif
2. Priyanka Chopra
3. Deepika padukone
4. Parineeti Chopra
5. Anushka SharmaAnswer – 4. Parineeti Chopra
Parineeti Chopra has appointed as the first Indian woman ambassador in ”Friends of Australia” (FOA) advocacy panel by Tourism Australia. According to Tourism Australia (TA) statement she was presented the Friend of Australia (FOA) recognition by Australian Consul General Tony Huber for her contribution to promote Australia recently.She will be the first Indian woman ambassador to be a part of the FOA advocacy panel.In her new role she will be promoting Australia as a tourist destination.
- Which online travel firm has announced the resignation of Co-Founder and President Ashish Kashyap?
3. Clear Trip
5. OrbitzAnswer – 2. MakeMyTrip
Online travel firm MakeMyTrip has announced the resignation of Co-Founder and President Ashish Kashyap.His resignation will come into effect from September 30.As per the settlement agreement, Kashyap will be under non-solicitation and non-competition obligation for the next two years.
- Who has been elected as a new Chairman of Press Trust of India 7th of Sept. 2017?
1. Riyad Mathew
2. Chanda Kochhar
3. Jaiprakash Gaur
4. Viveck Goenka
5. Arun BalakrishnanAnswer – 4. Viveck Goenka
Viveck Goenka, Chairman and Managing Director of the Express Group elected as a Chairman of Press Trust of India and N. Ravi, a former Editor-in-Chief of The Hindu daily is elected as a Vice-Chairman.Goenka succeeds Riyad Mathew, who is Senior Assistant Editor and a member of the Manorama management and Ravi succeeds Goenka as Vice Chairman.
- Which Finance company has appointed Harshil Mehta as Joint MD and CEO?
1. Infrastructure Development Finance Company
2. Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd
3. Reliance Capital
4. KGN Industries
5. Centrum FinanceAnswer – 2. Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd
On 30th August 2017, DHFL, a leading housing finance company, has elevated Mr.Harshil Mehta as Joint Managing Director & CEO of the company with effect from September 2017. Prior to this elevation, Mr.Mehta was the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company.
- Who named as co-patron of Kolkata archdiocese?
5.Agathe FortierAnswer – 4. Mother Teresa
To mark the first anniversary of Mother Teresa’s canonization, the Archdiocese of Kolkata will declare the saint a co-patroness of the local Church announced on 6th of sept. Sister Prema inaugurated a two-day exhibition of paintings and sculptures on Mother Teresa organised by the Indian National Forum of Art and Culture in association with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
- Which first International Financial Services Centre in India wins ASSOCHAM Services Excellence Awards?
1. Uttarpradesh International Finance-Tec City
2. Andhra Pradesh International Finance-Tec City
3. Maharashtra International Finance-Tec City
4.Punjab International Finance-Tec City
5. Gujarat International Finance-Tec CityAnswer – 5. Gujarat International Finance-Tec City
On 6th September 2017, India’s first operational Smart City, Gujarat International Finance-Tec City (GIFT City), has won the prestigious Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) Services Excellence Award in New Delhi.
- Which entity has tie up with Coriant for 5G applications?
5. BSNLAnswer – 5. BSNL
On 6th September 2017, State-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) partnered with Coriant, a US-based packet optical and mobile routing solutions company to study and deploy 5G-based industrial internet applications for enterprise customers in New Delhi.
- Name of the portal Government launched for national teacher on 5th Sept. 2017.
3. www.nattea. gov.in
5.www.nationalteach.gov.inAnswer – 1. www.diksha.gov.in
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has launched national teacher’s portal diksha.gov.in on 5th of Sept. 2017. DIKSHA Portal is created to provide digital and advance technology to the teachers.The main purpose of the Diksha portal is to focus the whole life cycle of the teacher, from the point they are student teachers till their retirement.
- For which year India has been select to host Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships?
5.2022Answer – 2.2019
India to host Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships in 2019
India has been selected to host the 2019 edition of the Commonwealth (Youth, Junior and Senior) Weightlifting Championships.The current edition of the tournament is being held at the Gold Coast Australia.
- Who won the women’s singles of U.S. Open Grand Slam Carrom tournament?
1. Maria Irudayam
2. Sharmila Ravivarman
3. Rashmi Kumari
4. Tejasvi Duduka
5. S.AppoorwaAnswer – 4.Tejasvi Duduka
Hyderabad girl Tejasvi Duduka wins U.S. Open women’s singles title
Tejasvi Duduka from Hyderabad won the women’s singles of U.S. Open Grand Slam Carrom tournament.Earlier, she had won the Telangana State Women’s singles title in Nizamabad.