AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 6 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- What strategy has been launched by NITI Aayog?
1. National Medical Strategy
2. National Nutrition Strategy
3. National Education Strategy
4. National Insurance Strategy
5. National Sports & Games StrategyAnswer – 2. National Nutrition Strategy
On 5th September 2017, Leader of the Greenrevolution Dr.M.S.Swaminathan and Padma Shri Dr.H.Sudarshan launched the National Nutrition Strategy, along with Vice Chairman of Niti Aayog Dr.Rajiv Kumar and Member of Niti Aayog Dr.Vinod Paul.The National Nutrition Strategy aims to ensure that every child, adolescent girl and woman attains optimal nutritional status by 2022.
- To which country India hands over off-shore patrol vessel Varuna ?
3. Sri Lanka
5. BhutanAnswer – 3. Sri Lanka
On 5th September 2017, India handed over an off-shore patrol vessel, Varuna, to Sri Lanka as a part of stepping up co-operation between the two coast guards.
The ship (Varuna) was decommissionedwith traditional honours on August 23 to facilitate the handing over at Kochi.
- Which state government launches ‘Gyankunj Project ‘in schools?
5. OdishaAnswer – 4.Gujarat
Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani has launched “Gyakunj e-class project” from Shahpur primary school in Gandhinagar announced on 4th Sept 2017.Under this initiative, interactive e-class will be launched with smart board.In the first phase, 550 schools will be covered under the ‘Gyankunj Project’ and gradually standard 5th to 9th of every schools of the state will cover under the project.’Gyankunj Project’ covers under total worth of Rs. 35.85 crore.
- In which district odisha’s CM inaugurates fourth Govt medical college?
5. SambalpurAnswer – 4.Koraput
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated the Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College and Hospital (SLNMCH) in the tribal-dominated district of southern Odisha on 4th Sept. 2017.
- Which state govt has set up a Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Cell?
5. Uttar PradeshAnswer – 1. Assam
Assam govt sets up DBT cell for implementation of Direct Benefit Transfer scheme
In Assam, the state govt. has set up a Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Cell for implementation of DBT across schemes in the Country. It helps in coordinating efforts at the State Level in taking the DBT initiative forward with immediate effect.The Cell will Coordinate with Central Ministries & circulate the directives to the respective Departments in States.
- Which country’s visit is Mr.Arun Jaitley ‘s last visit as a defense minister?
3. United States
4. Sri Lanka
5. JapanAnswer – 5. Japan
On 4th September 2017, Mr.Arun Jaitley left to Japan for a two day visit. This is his last visit to Japan as a defence minister as Ms.Nirmala Sitharaman has been appointed as the new defence minister of India. The new defence minister should have gone for the visit but due to logistical constraints Mr.Arun Jaitley went for it.
- Which Scheme has launched by India in the State of Melaka, Malaysia on 6th of Sept. 2017?
5. LAMPAAnswer – 3.UJALA
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under Ministry of Power, Government of India has launched UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable Lighting for All) Scheme in the State of Melaka, Malaysia on 6th of Sept. 2017.The Scheme was launched by Chief Minister of Melaka Idris Haron.UJALA’s impact in Malaysia will bring about clean energy, contribute to climate change targets and save the already dwindling energy resources.
- Which entity has launched Chatbot for Customer Care to assist customers?
1. Indian Bank
2. State Bank of India
3. Axis Bank of India
4. Union Bank of India
5. City Union BankAnswer – 2. State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) is the latest to get smitten by the Artificial Intelligence and Automation. They have launched their first ever chatbot called SBI Intelligent Assistant or SIA, which would be powered by AI, and designed to assist customers. This special chatbot has been created & developed by Allincall, which is a startup from Mumbai, and backed by startup cell of IIT Bombay.
- Who is the CEO of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)?
1. Rajiv kumar kamdhar
2. Abhishek Chowdary
3. Ajay Bhushan Pandey
4. Eshwar Rao
5. Venkatesh BhattAnswer – 3. Ajay Bhushan Pandey
Banks without Aadhaar enrolment centres face Rs.20,000 fine from October
On 5th September 2017, Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) CEO Mr.Ajay Bhushan Pandey said that the UIDAI has given banks one more month to open Aadhaar enrolment centres in a stipulated 10 per cent of branches and will impose Rs.20,000 as fine per uncovered branch after 30th September 2017.
- National Highway Authority of India awarded its first international project to a joint venture of Punj Lloyd-Varaha in which country?
3. Sri Lanka
5. BhutanAnswer – 4. Myanmar
NHAI awards first international project in Myanmar to Punj Lloyd-Varaha
On 6th September 2017, the National Highway Authority of India awarded its first international project in Myanmar to a joint venture of Punj Lloyd-Varaha.
This project is for the upgradation of the Yagyi–Kalewa section in Myanmar to two lanes with earthern shoulder in the engineering, procurement, and construction mode.
- Which entity has announced to buy Datawave a business unit of ETL Factory Limited, a UK–based company?
2. Tata Consultancy service
5. HCLAnswer – 5. HCL
HCL acquires UK-based data management platform Datawave
On 5th September 2017, HCL Technologies announced the acquisition of automation–driven data management platform Datawave to accelerate data integration and migration for their clients.HCL has announced that it has agreed to buy Datawave a business unit of ETL Factory Limited, a UK–based company.
- To which bank R A Sankara Narayanan appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer on 6th sept. 2017?
1. Dhanlaxmi Bank
2. Vijaya Bank
3. Laxmi Vilas Bank
4. Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
5. YES BankAnswer – 2. Vijaya Bank
R A Sankara Narayanan appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Vijaya Bank announced on 6th sept. 2017.He has replaced Kishore Sansi, who retireCoal Indiad on 31st August 2017.He joined Bank of India as a direct recruit officer in 1983 and has headed various branches.
- Who is new CMD of Coal India Ltd from 1st September 2017?
1. Varun Jain
2. G. V. Prasad
3. Venu Madhavan
4. Gopal singh
5. Suresh GoelAnswer – 4. Gopal singh
The Ministry of Coal has appointed Gopal Singh as CMD, Central Coalfields Ltd (CCL), additional charge as CMD of Coal India Ltd.Singh has taken charge effective from 1st September 2017.He has replaced Sutirtha Bhattacharya on attaining superannuation effective August 31, 2017.
- Name of the recognization that has been received by Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy and Mumbai-born scientist Veena Sahajwalla.
1. ASME Gold Medal
2.PLuS Alliance Prize
3. LDG New Leaders Award
4. EDC GlobalInnovation Award
5. CSR AwardsAnswer – 2.PLuS Alliance Prize
Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy and Mumbai-born Scientist Veena Sahajwalla has granted the PLuS Alliance Prize. It is a prestigious honour that recognises Research Innovation, Education Innovation, Global Leadership and Global Innovation.The Prize of USD 50,000 was awarded in two categories; Education Innovation and Research Innovation.
- What is the name of new tool launched by messenger app “Whatsapp” on 6thsept 2017?
3. ‘whatsapp sports’
4. ‘whatsapp business’
5. ‘whatsapp games’Answer – 4. ‘whatsapp business’
WhatsApp is launching a new app to help businesses communicate with their customers announced on 6thsept 2017.WhatsApp Business gives users a verified green checkmark badge next to their names.Secondly, businesses will be able to create a company profile with information such as address, business hours, description of product or service offered.
- Name of the mobile app developed by APEDA for farmers to facilitate registration, testing and certification of certain fruits and vegetables.
5. HortinetAnswer – 5. Hortinet
According to the Commerce Ministry, Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority(APEDA) has developed a mobile app “Hortinet” for farmers to facilitate registration, testing and certification of certain fruits and vegetables.The app “Hortinet” is an integrated traceability system developed by APEDA for providing internet-based services to the stakeholders.
- Where was the AIBA world boxing championships 2017 held?
1. Chicago, United States
2. Sydney, Australia
3. Milan, Italy
4. Hamburg, Germany
5. Bangkok, ThailandAnswer – 4. Hamburg, Germany
On 25th August 2017, the 2017 edition of AIBA world boxing championships started. This event was hosted by Hamburg, Germany. The event lasted till 2nd September 2017. The best 280 boxers in world competed for one of the most decorated boxing titles in the word.
- Which Indian boxer Clinched Bronze Medal at AIBA World Boxing Championships 2017?
1. Venkatesan Devarajan
2. Akhil Kumar
3. Gaurav Bidhuri
4. Harpreet Singh
5. Suranjoy SinghAnswer – 3. Gaurav Bidhuri
On 31stAugust 2017, 24 year old Indian boxer Gaurav Bidhuri and 19 year old American boxer Duke Ragan fought in the semi-finals of the bantamweight (56 kilogram) category.Gaurav Bidhuri lost 0-5 to Duke Raganand clinched the Bronze medal.
- For which tournament the Official song of was launched by the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) and Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN) on 4th of Sept 2017?
1. FIFA Under-17 World Cup football
2. Cricket Under-17 World Cup
3. Hockey Under-17 World Cup
4. kabadi Under-17 World Cup
5. UEFA Under-17 world CupAnswer – 1.FIFA Under-17 World Cup football
The official song for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup football tournament was launched by the Local Organising Committee (LOC) and Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN) on 4th of Sept 2017.The official song called “Kar Ke Dikhla De Goal”and the song has been written by lyricist Amitabh Bhattacharya and composed by Pritam.
- Who wins IPL media rights for next five years for TV and digital broadcast?
1. Sony Pictures Sports Network
2. Star India
3. Nimbus Communications Limited
4. Discovery Communications
5. Doordarshan IndiaAnswer – 2. Star Sports Network
Star India bagged the IPL media rights for TV and digital broadcast for a consolidated sum of Rs.16, 347.5 crore ($ 2.55 billion) for a period of five years.
It will start from the 11th edition of IPL 2018 for five years. It pipped Sony to acquire the rights from 2018 to 2022.Star India chairman and CEO is Uday Shankar.
- Who has won the Italian Grand Prix 2017 to take lead in Formula-1 title race announced on 3rd sept. 2017?
1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Valtteri Bottas
4. Daniel Ricciardo
5. Kimi RaikkonenAnswer – 2. Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton wins Italian Grand Prix, takes lead title from Sebastian Vettel
Lewis Hamilton has won the Italian Grand Prix 2017 to take lead in Formula-1 title race announced on 3rd sept. 2017. Hamilton now has 238 points, three more points than Vettel.
- Journalist Gauri Lankesh shot dead on 5th of Sept. 2017 belongs to which state?
3. Andhra Pradesh
5. MaharashtraAnswer – 4. Bangalore
Senior journalist, editor and activist Gauri Lankesh was shot dead by unidentified mugger at the entrance of her home in Bengaluru West on 5th of Sept. 2017.
She was shot dead outside her home in Bengaluru last night by attackers who fired seven times at close range.Gauri Lankesh was the editor of weekly Kannada tabloid magazine Lankesh Patrike, columnist in newspapers, a panelist on TV channels besides being an activist.