Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- World’s oldest Cricketer represented South Africa has passed away in Bloemfontein at the age of 97 years. Who is he?
Answer – A. Lindsay Tuckett
World’s oldest cricketer, Lindsay Tuckett passed away in Bloemfontein at the age of 97. Mr.Tuckett represented South Africa in nine Test matches against England between 1947 and 1949.
- India’s Test Captain ViratKohli retained which position in the latest One Day International Cricket batting rankings?
Answer – B.2nd
India’s Test captain Virat Kohli retained his second spot while opener Rohit Sharma slipped a place to seventh in the latest One-day International (ODI) cricket batting rankings.
- The Indian Wushu team won four silver and five bronze medals in which championship held in Taoyuan, Taiwan?
Answer – C.Asian
The Indian wushu team won four silver and five bronze medals in the 6th Asian Championship held in Taoyuan, Taiwan. Silver: L Budha Chandra Singh (56Kg), Praveen Kumar (48Kg), Rajinder Singh (90Kg), K Arunpama Devi (60Kg).Bronze: Y Santhoi Devi (52Kg), PoojaKadian (65Kg), Vishakha Malik (70Kg), RajaniDeori (75Kg).
- Which state has recently reported the highest number of dengue death cases in the Country?
Answer – D.West Bengal
West Bengal has reported the highest number of dengue deaths in the country.West Bengal has 23 dengue-related deaths with 5,639 people affected by it from January to August 31.
- Which of the following is not correct about India agreement with Vietnam?
i. Extended a USD 500 million line of credit
ii. Signed 12 agreements including a deal to construct offshore patrol boats
iii. Defence cooperation
B.i and ii only
D.All of these
Answer – D.All of these
India and Vietnam signed 12 agreements, signalling a strong upward push in their strategic ties in the field of defence, IT, space, double taxation and sharing white shipping information.PM NarendraModi extended a USD 500 million line of credit to Vietnam to deepen their defence cooperation and signed 12 agreements including a deal to construct offshore patrol boats, in a bid of China’s muscle flexing in the disputed South China Sea and ’emerging regional challenges’.
- Which country president on a three day visit to India to hold talks with Prime Minister to set up engagement in areas of Security, Counter-terrorism and trade?
D.None of the above
Answer – D.None of the above
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi on a three-day visit to India and to hold talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi with an aim to step up engagement in areas of security, counter-terrorism and trade.
- Agrarian Festival Nuakhai is being celebrated by which state with religious fervor and devotion?
Answer – C.Odisha
People across western Odisha are celebrating Nuakhai – the agrarian festival of the region – with religious fervor and devotion. The celebrations began with the ‘Nabanna’ or new rice out of newly harvested paddy crop was offered to MaaSamaleswari Devi in Sambalpur as per the ‘lagna’ or auspicious moment. Later, people offered ‘Nabanna’ to their presiding deities.
- Which country hosted the eleventh meeting of the Group of G20 summit during 4th and 5th of September 2016?
Answer – B.China
The 2016 G20 Hangzhou summit was the eleventh meeting of the Group of Twenty (G20). It was held on 4–5 September 2016 in the city of Hangzhou. It was the first ever G20 summit to be hosted in China and the second Asian country after 2010 G20 Seoul summit was hosted in South Korea.
- Thanjavur Based SASTRA Deemed University joined with which tech company to train over 2,000 teachers from Tamilnadu on Digital teaching methods?
Answer – A.TCS
TCS has partnered with Thanjavur-based SASTRA Deemed University to train over 2,000 teachers from Tamil Nadu on digital teaching methods. It also plans to set up a teacher’s training centre at the varsity campus. 2,000 teachers from various educational institutions across Tier-II and Tier-III cities from Tamil Nadu would be trained at the training centre.
- Who has won the prestigious J.C. Daniel Award for his overall contribution to the Malayalam Film Industry?
Answer – C.K.G. George
Renowned film maker and veteran award-winning film director K.G. George won the prestigious J.C. Daniel Award for his overall contribution to the Malayalam film industry.
- Which city hosted the first BRICS film festival – A five day filmy conference that invited films from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa?
Answer – D.Delhi
1st BRICS film festival – A five day filmy conference held in New Delhi. Many amazing films from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa as part of the BRICS film festival in New Delhi from September 2-6.
- United Kingdom has appointed ambassador to which country for the time since 2011?
Answer – D.Iran
UK has appointed an ambassador to Iran for the first time since 2011.Nicholas Hopton, a former British ambassador to Qatar and Yemen, will take up the role of ambassador.
- Name the disease caused due to tiny magnetic particles from air pollution lodged in human brains and discovered by researchers at Lancaster University?
B.Sickle Cell Anaemia
Answer – C.Alzheimer
Researchers at Lancaster University found abundant magnetite nano particles in the brain tissue from 37 individuals aged three to 92-years-old who lived in Mexico City and Manchester and this strongly magnetic mineral is toxic and has been implicated in the production of reactive oxygen species (free radicals) in the human brain, which are associated with neuro degenerative diseases including Alzheimer’s disease.
- Minakshi has created a new record in the Women’s Hammer throw at the 65th All India Police Athletics Championship in Hyderabad. She belonged to which force?
Answer – A.CISF
Minakshi of CISF has created a new record in the Women’s Hammer Throw at the 65th All India Police Athletics Championship in Hyderabad. She has broken the earlier record of 54.66 meters and set a new record of 57.58 meters and won Gold medal.
- Which state has decided to amend the Hydropower Policy 2006 in respect to transfer of shares by State to other areas?
Answer – C.Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh cabinet decided to amend the Hydropower Policy 2006 in respect to transfer of shares by Himachalis to non-Himachalis. So that now Himachalis can sell or transfer 49% equity shares to non-Himachalis at any stage after allotment of projects upto 2 MW capacity and full disinvestment after two years of commissioning of the projects.
- Phulwari Wildlife Sanctuary located in which of the following state ?
Answer – C.Rajasthan
Phulwari Wildlife Sanctuary is on the bank of Sabarmathi river which includes 11 forest blocks and many villages surrounding it in two parts.It is located in Rajasthan.