AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 4 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Find the name of swiss president who begin three day visit to India
August 30 2017.
1. Angela Merkel
2. Doris Leuthard
3. Dalia Grybauskaite
4. Catherine Samba-Panza
5. Ewa KopaczAnswer- 2. Doris Leuthard
Swiss president Doris Leuthard will begin her three day visit to India on August 30 2017. She will be received gladly by India’s president Ram nath govind and PM Narendra Modi. These talks will strengthen bilateral ties and it will ramp up trade and investment ties. The visit is significant as Switzerland is the chair of the Nuclear Suppliers Groupwhere India has been seeking membership.Both countries will sign trade agreements and a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on railway infrastructure.
- Where did Delhi lieutenant governor Anil Baijal ban dumping of solid waste?
5. GhazipurAnswer – 5. Ghazipur
On September 2 ,2017 Delhi lieutenant governor Anil Baijal banned dumping of waste at the Ghazipur landfill site because on September 1 ,2017 a mountain of waste collapsed into a canal, killing two people. Baijal ordered immediate halt to dumping of solid waste at the landfill and clearing the site within two years.
The landfill has reached as high as 15 storey building putting people’s like at risk.
- Which state government has decided to make education free for all girls from Class 1 to graduation level in all public and aided private schools and colleges from the next academic year announced on 2nd Sept 2017?
5. Andhra PradeshAnswer – 3.Karnataka
The Karnataka government has decided to make education free for all girls from Class 1 to graduation level in all public and aided private schools and colleges from the next academic year announced on 2nd Sept 2017.Karnataka govt. is expecting around 18 lakh students whose parents’ income would be less than Rs 10 lakh to opt for this scheme and are planning to earmark Rs 110 crore for this scheme.The scheme will apply to all private aided and government schools and colleges.
- CIPAM, which works under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) in the ministry, has started a _________initiative.
5. “#LetsKnowIP”Answer – 1.“#LetsTalkIP”
CIPAM-DIPP launches social media campaign to promote Geographical Indications.CIPAM, which works under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) in the ministry, has started an “#LetsTalkIP” initiative. Cell for IPR Promotions and Management (CIPAM) has launched a social media campaign to promote Indian Geographical Indications.It has been launched to make more people aware about the importance of intellectual property rights (IPRs).
- In Which National Institute of Technology Ye India ka time hai’ event was organized?
1. NIT Raipur
2. NIT Calicut
3. NIT Durgapur
4. NIT Patna
5. NIT TrichyAnswer –1. NIT Raipur
‘Ye India ka time hai’ event was organized at National Institute of Technology, Raipur Chhattisgar on 3rd of Sept.The event was held as per the directives of HRD ministry to mark India’s 70 years of independence and 75 years of the Quit India movement.On the occasion of ‘Ye India ka time hai event’, students of NIT Raipur participated in a session on ‘New India Manthan’.
- Where did the Joint India-Nepal army exercise begins?
5. PatanAnswer -1.Saljhandi
Explanation:- Joint India-Nepal army exercise begins in Saljhandi, Nepal.Nepal India Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran has launched and it is to be held from September 3 to 16. This is the 12th edition of the exercise.Joint military exercise, Surya Kiran Nepal Army Battle School at Saljhandi.It will have around 350 troops from each side, focusing on counterinsurgency and counter-terror operations.
- Which country has signed UN assistance package for a USD 635 million for 2018-2022?
5. PolandAnswer –2.Nepal
Nepal has signed UN assistance package for a USD 635 million for 2018-2022. The UNDAF lays out the development strategy for the UN Country Team for the next five years.The National Planning Commission, apex advisory body of the Government of Nepal, and the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) in Nepal signed the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) on 2nd of Sept 2017.
- Which country ratifies the ISA Framework Agreement and became the ninth member of ISA framework agreement announced on 3rd Sep.2017?
2. Marshall Islands
3. Solomon Islands
5. TongaAnswer – 4. Seychelles
Seychelles ratifies the ISA Framework Agreement and became the ninth member of ISA Framework agreement announced on 3rd sep 2017.The ISA will need the ratification of just six more countries to become a recognized inter-governmental body.The ISA aims to get at least six more countries on board before October-end.Till now India, France, Nauru, Niger, Fiji, Mauritius, Tuvalu and Bangladesh have ratified the ISA Framework Agreement.
- On September 2,2017, the first project funded by The New Development Bank, set up by India and other members of the BRICS grouping of emerging economies, has started operation in what place?
5. SanshuiAnswer – 4.Shangai
On September 2,2017, the first project funded by The New Development Bank, set up by India and other members of the BRICS grouping of emerging economies, has started operation in Shanghai. The $76 million loan with a maturity length of 17 years was granted to Shanghai Lingang Distributed Solar Power Project, under an agreement signed in December 2016.
- What percent UBS has lowered India’s GDP growth forecast for Financial Year 2018?
5. 6.6Answer – 5. 6.6
On September 3,2017, Global brokerage firm UBS has lowered India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.6 per cent from 7.2 per cent. The brokerage said that the growth is expected to rise in coming quarters as the economy is getting normalised post implementation of the GST.
- Which bank becomes second to get in-principle nod to operate as wholly-owned unit in India On September 4,2017?
1. State Bank of Mauritius
2. DBS Bank
3. State Bank of Libenon
4. Bank of United kingdom
5. TTB BankAnswer – 2.DBS Bank
On September 4,2017, Singapore based bank DBS has got final approval to operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary (WOS) in India.Diesel
DBS was the first foreign lender to apply for the new operating WOS model two years ago and its approval was delayed due to lack of precedent. The application has been pending with the finance ministry. Now as the problems got sorted out DBS is the second bank after State Bank of Mauritius to receive the nod for its operation in India
- With which country India has first consignment of 30 MT of High Speed Diesel was sent on 4th of Sept.?
2. United States
5. MyanmarAnswer – 5. Myanmar
The first consignment of 30 MT of High Speed Diesel was sent on 4th of Sept from India to Myanmar by land route.Numaligarh Refinery Ltd. (NRL), which has been supplying HSD to Bangladesh, despatched the first diesel consignment through NH 37 across the Moreh Custom Check Point on the Indian side and Tamu Custom Check Point on the Myanmar side.
- Which bank bagged the ‘best bank’ award among small banks for the use of technology for financial inclusion in IDRBT Banking Technology Excellence Awards 2016-17?
1. Andhra Bank
2. Punjab National Bank
3. Karnataka Bank
4. Bank of Baroda
5. City union BankAnswer- 3. Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank has bagged the ‘best bank’ award among small banks for the use of technology for financial inclusion announced on 3rd Sept 21017.It is the 13th IDRBT Banking Technology Excellence Awards 2016-17..Mahabaleshwara MS, MD & CEO of the bank had received the award from Sudarshan Sen, Executive Director of RBI, in Hyderabad.
- Astronomers had discovered seven Earth-sized planets orbiting a relatively nearby dwarf star. The system is called ____________
3. TRAPP -67
4. TRAP – 2
5. TRIPPIST-5Answer:- 1.TRAPPIST-1
Astronomers had discovered seven Earth-sized planets orbiting a relatively nearby dwarf star. The system is called TRAPPIST-1. It is especially appealing because it has three planets in the habitable zone it means that these worlds could potentially support liquid water and perhaps even life announced on 1st sept 2017.TRAPPIST-1 has become one of the most studied exo-systems in the relatively short history of exoplanets.
- How many radio bursts detects from dwarf galaxy according to Breakthrough Listen Project?
5. 30Answer –2. 15
Breakthrough Listen project detected 15 Fast Radio Bursts (FRBs) coming from a dwarf galaxy about 3 million light years away from earth.The new detection was made with help of Green Bank Telescope (GBT) in West Virginia.FRBs are radio signals from somewhere in deep space that last for just milliseconds and a bright pulse of radio emission from distant galaxies.
- Under which category Nagpur-based Divya Deshmukh clinched the gold at the World Cadets Chess Championship at Pocos de Caldas, Brazil?
4. U- 16
5. U- 17Answer –2.U-12
She scored a total of 9.5 points to give India its only medal in the championship this year.She topped the table by beating her compatriot and the top-seeded Rakshitta Ravi.It is Divyas second world title after her victory in the under-10 World Youth Chess Championship in Durban in 2014.
- Poet ,activist Shirish Pai passes away.She belongs to __________.
5. KanadaAnswer – 3.Marathi
Noted poet and activist Shirish Pai had passed away on 2nd sept 2017. She was 88.She started writing Haiku in 1975. She studied Japanese Haiku, its origin and nature and published five Marathi Haiku books.She was born in 1929; Pai was the daughter of noted writer-journalist Acharya Pralhad Keshav Atre.She had also translated some Japanese Haiku from English to Marathi.
- Name the Former Union minister and TMC MP passes away at 64.
1. Sultan Ahmed
2. Mohammed Akbar
3. Abbas Mukhtar
4. Ibrahim Raffeq
5. Nizham AmjadAnswer –1. Sultan Ahmed
Former Union minister and Trinamool Congress MP Sultan Ahmed had passed away on 4th of Sept. 2017. He was 64.He was elected to the Lok Sabha from Uluberia constituency on a TMC ticket.Ahmed had served as the Union Minister of State for Tourism in the UPA government.He was elected to the West Bengal Assembly twice.