Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The eternal music manager that helped launch the career of N.W.A and the Gangsta Rap movement has passed way recently. Who is he?
Answer – C.Jerry Heller
Jerry Heller, the longtime music manager that helped launch the career of N.W.A and the gangsta-rap movement has passed away. Gerald E. “Jerry” Heller was an American music manager and businessman. He was best known for managing west coast rap supergroup and gangsta rap pioneers N.W.A and Eazy-E.
- Which driver has won the Formula one Italian Grand Prix title held during September 2016?
D.None of the above
Answer – B.Nico Rosberg
German Formula One racing driver Nico Rosberg won the Italian Grand Prix after close battle with his teammate Lawis Hamilton who also drive for the Mercedes AMG. The German star leads the championship lead to just two points, while Hamilton had a poor start that conceded his defeat in the contest.
- Tennis Player Sriram Balaji won against the top seeded player Seong Chan of Korea in the $10,000 ITF men’s Futures tennis tournament held in Thailand. He belongs to which state?
Answer – D.Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu based tennis player SriramBalaji who ranked 546 restrained top seed Seong Chan Hong of Korea by 6-4, 7-6(3) for the title in the $10,000 ITF men’s Futures tennis tournament held in HuaHin Thailand. On the other hand similar tournament held in Jakarta, Indian seed Sasi Kumar Mukund won the title outplaying eighth seed Masato Shiga of Japan by 6-2, 6-2.
- A tiny fish species featured with maroon and gold colourdiscovered near Hawaii has been named after which personality?
Answer – A.Obama
A tiny fish species discovered near Hawaii has been named after President Obama. This maroon and gold animal was found 300 feet deep in the coral reef off Kure Atoll in June. It’s a very special fish because as far as we know, it is the only fish species, so far, that is endemic to the Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument.
- Who has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Tasmania to led trade mission to the subcontinent that will explore export opportunities?
Answer – D.Ricky Ponting
Former Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting has been appointed brand ambassador of his home state Tasmania and will join a government-led trade mission to the subcontinent that will explore export opportunities.
- Name the noted Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project Director has been appointed to the post of Distinguished Scientist in honour for his meritorious service?
A.H N Sahu
B.S V Jinna
C.R S Sundar
D.N M Mani
Answer – C.R S Sundar
Noted Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project Director R S Sundar was elevated to the post of Distinguished Scientist, in honour for his meritorious service. Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project 1 and 2 Station Director H N Sahu and Chief Superintendent S V Jinna were also elevated as ‘Outstanding Scientists’.
- Which party has been granted as national party status and recently announced by the Election Commission of India?
Answer – A.Trinamool Congress
Mamata Banerjee-led All India Trinamool Congress has been granted national party status by the Election Commission of India. The party becomes the seventh national political party in India.
- Prime Minister of India recently announced a special package of Rs. 200 crore for which state youth to engage youth in constructive sporting activities?
C.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – C.Jammu & Kashmir
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a special package of Rs. 200 crore for J&K youths,with a view to engage youth of Jammu & Kashmir in constructive sporting activities. This package can be utilized for the construction of indoor sporting halls in all districts of the State with a view to provide playing facilities to youth during long winter in J&K.
- Which State to host three day bird festival from November 11 to 13 in the view of attracting audiences from both national and international?
Answer – C.Goa
Goa is all set to host three-day bird festival from November 11 to 13, in the view of attracting audiences from both national and international. The Goa government represents a distinctive confluence of two diverse eco-systems, one inclined by marine environment and the other by terrestrial forest ensuing in an amazing variety of species with high endemism, habitats and diversity.
- Indian Postal Department recently released a commemorative stamp to honor which personality at a function organized at Divine Child High School in Mumbai?
A.APJ Abdul Kalam
Answer – B.Mother Teresa
The Postal Department released a commemorative stamp to honor the Mother Teresa’s canonization in Mumbai. Union Minister of State for Communications ManojSinha released the stamp at a function organised at Divine Child High School in Mumbai
- Annual Socio-religious festival Solung was celebrated by Adi Community of which state?
Answer – D.Arunachal Pradesh
The Adi community dwelling in the Arunachal Pradesh has celebrated their annual socio-religious festival Solung with traditional gaiety. Many cultural performances featuring traditional and modern way of tribal life marked the festive occasion.
- Name the mobile based payment service has been launched by DCB bank that will make payments at retail outlets much easier?
Answer – B.mVisa
DCB Bank, an emerging new-generation private sector bank, announced the launch of mVisa, a mobile based payment solution that will make payments at retail outlets much easier. Now Customers can pay now through their smartphones by scanning the unique Quick Response (QR) code at the retail outlet.
- Which state ranked highest position in Ease of Doing Business Index recently released by the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy of Singapore?
The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy of Singapore declared Maharashtra as ranked highest according to a broad measure of Ease of Doing Business (EDB) in Indian states. It is noted that the new index has given 21 major states entirely different ranks when compared with the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Index.
- Ecologist and Conservation Activist has become the first Asian to be awarded the Prestigious “Heritage Heroes Award” by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)?
Answer –D.Bibhuti Lahkar
Assam-based ecologist and conservation activist BibhutiLahkar has become the first Asian to be awarded the prestigious ‘Heritage Heroes Award’ by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
- Name the world’s largest ship has created Guinness World Record in Denmark?
Answer – B.LEGO
The World’s largest LEGO ship named Jubilee Seaways has created Guinness world record for set in Denmark, where employees of a shipping company successfully constructed the incredible 2,860 kg boat using over one million interlocking plastic bricks.