Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is observed as International Translation Day every year to show solidarity of the worldwide translation community?
Answer – D.September 30
2016 Theme : Translation and Interpreting: Connecting Worlds. International Federation of Translators(FTI) launched the idea of an officially recognized International Translation Day in 1991 to show solidarity of the worldwide translation community in an effort to promote the translation profession in different countries.
- Who is the veteran socialist leader and former MP passed away recently in Katihar, Bihar?
Answer – C.Yuvraj Singh
Yuvraj represented Katihar in Lok Sabha twice in 1977 from Biju Lok Dal and in 1989 on Janata Dal ticket. He had a valuable contribution in the field of socialism and politics.
- Which India’s No.1 men’s singles shuttler claiming his place back in the top 10 of the latest BWF World Rankings released?
Answer – D.Kidambi Srikanth
The 23-year-old reached the quarter-finals of the Japan Open Superseries last week which helped him make a jump of five places from 14th to shoot up to the ninth spot.
- Which fencer won her second gold medal at the International Thailand Open held at Bangkok?
Answer – B.Chavvi Kohli
Patiala fencer ChavviKohli won her second gold medal at the international level when she won the title in the U-17 Epee category with a win over Thailand fencer in the International Thailand Open held at Bangkok.
- Defence Acquisition Council chaired by Manohar Parrikar cleared proposals worth ___________would be executed under ‘Buy India’ by Indian contractors.
A.Rs. 2,900 crore
B.Rs. 1,000 crore
C.Rs. 1,900 crore
D.Rs. 1,500 crore
Answer – C.Rs. 1,900 crore
The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has cleared proposals worth 1,900 crore rupees(close to $3 billion). All these approved proposals would be executed under ‘Buy India’ by Indian contractors.
- Who has been appointed as the Executive Director of Indian Overseas Bank till January 21, 2019 by the Finance Ministry?
D.R Subramania Kumar
Answer – D.R Subramania Kumar
R Subramania Kumar was appointed as the Executive Director of Indian Overseas Bank till January 21, 2019 by the Finance Ministry. Currently he was working as the Executive Director of Indian Bank.
- Which Airport was awarded with “Best Tourist Friendly Airport” under the category for “State Annual Excellence Awards (2015-16)”?
Answer – B.Tirupati Airport
Tirupati Airport was awarded with “Best Tourist Friendly Airport” under the category for “State Annual Excellence Awards (2015-16)” by Andhra Pradesh Tourism. The award was presented by Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandra Babu Naidu in the world tourism day event.
- Which Dalit personality, poet and Telugu writer was conferred with the prestigious Moortidevi Award of Bharatiya Jnanpith for the year 2015?
Answer – A.Prof.Kalakaluri Enoch
Renowned Dalit personality, poet and Telugu writer Prof.Kalakaluri Enoch was conferred with the prestigious Moortidevi Award of Bharatiya Jnanpith for the year 2015.
- Which company along with IBM have entered a 15-year partnership for automation and development and operations?
Answer – A.HCL
This partnership will enable the both companies to focus their technical teams on native cloud and cognitive solutions, as well as industry-specific opportunities. HCL will build features and functions on top of existing IBM platforms and products such as Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Rational Testing, and Rational Modeling & Construct.
- What is name of platform that delivers engaging Omni-channel experiences which would released by the Infosys?
Answer – A.Skava Commerce
Infosys , a global leader in consulting, technology and next-generation services, announced the launch of Skava Commerce, a modern, mobile-first and modular e-commerce platform that delivers engaging omni-channel experiences.
- At what percent, The Government has decided to raise the Employees Provident Fund ( EPF) investment in Exchange Traded Funds from 5 per cent?
Answer – A.10
The Government has decided to raise the Employees Provident Fund ( EPF) investment in Exchange Traded Funds from present 5 per cent to 10 per cent. The move was set to see nearly Rs 13,000 crore flow into the stock markets from the EPFO during the current fiscal year.
- What is the name of India Sanitation Conference inaugurated by the PM Narendra Modi under Swachh Bharat mission?
Answer – D.INDOSAN
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed chief ministers, ministers, elected representatives of people, district collectors, municipal commissioners of 500 AMRUT cities and other stakeholders in New Delhi, Ahead of the second anniversary of Swachh Bharat Mission.
- In which place, A two-day international conference on empowering handloom and Khadi was held?
Answer – B.Vadodara
This two day conference is organised by Consortium of Green Fashion (CGF) in association with the department of clothing, textiles of Maharaja Sayajirao University (MSU) of Baroda.
- In which place, The 18th edition of World Congress of Criminology would be held in India from December 15-19?
C.Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
Answer – D.Sonipat, Haryana
The 18th edition of World Congress of Criminology would be held in India from December 15-19 in Sonipat, Haryana. Theme : ‘Urbanization, Globalization, Development and Crime: Opportunities and Challenges of the XXI Century’.
- Which state government has decided to install monorail from Budge in South 24-Parganas to Ruby Connector in Kolkata at a cost of 4,216 crore rupees?
Answer – C.West Bengal
The West Bengal Chief Minister Ms.Mamata Banerjee has decided to install monorail from Budge in South 24-Parganas to Ruby Connector in Kolkata at a cost of 4,216 crore rupees.
- Which programme would launch by Union Government to create awareness about welfare of religious minorities?
Answer – A.Progress Panchayat
The Centre would launch ‘Progress Panchayat’, an outreach campaign to create awareness about its programmes for the welfare of religious minorities and remove their “fear and misconceptions” about the NDA government.
- Who is appointed as the new chairman of PTI ?
D.K.N. Shanth Kumar
Answer – A.Riyadh Mathew
Riyadh Mathew, Director of Malayala Manorama is elected as the Chairman of PTI. He succeeds Hormusji N. Cama. Viveck Goenka, Chairman and Managing Director of Indian Express is appointed as the Vice-Chairman of PTI .