AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 3 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- How many new ministers of state were inducted into the Union Council of Ministers?
5. 10Answer – 4. 9
On September 3,2017, the cabinet got extended and reshuffled for the third time. Modi expanded his council of ministers twice–first on November 9, 2014 and then on July 5, 2016. Nine new Ministers of state were inducted into the Union Council of Ministers.
- How many Ministers of state were promoted to the cabinet rank?
5.7Answer – 2. 4
Four Ministers of state were elevated to the cabinet rank.The ministers promoted were Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Dharmendra Pradhan, Piyush Goyal and Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Who was the first women defense minister of India?
1. Indira Gandhi
2. Nirmala Sitharaman
5.Pradhipa PatelAnswer – 1. Indra Gandhi
Nirmala Sitharaman is promoted to ministry of defence. She is the first full time independent women defence minister and second women defence minister in India. Prior to her, former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi held the defence portfolio as an additional charge on two occasions. Prior to her defence ministry was under Arun Jaitley now he sheds Defence and will retain the Finance Ministry. Commerce and Industries department which was held by Nirmala sitharaman is now transferred to Suresh Prabhu who exits as railway minister.
- Who has been promoted as Ministry of railways on 3rd September 2017?
1. Dharmendra Pradhan
2. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
3. suresh prabhu
4. Raj Kumar Singh
5. Piyush goyalAnswer – 5. Piyush goyal
The railway department which was held by suresh prabhu is now transferred to Piyush Goyal. Apart from Railways, Piyush Goyal retains the ministry of coal.
- In which portal containing information about the Environment Quiz ‘Prakriti Khoj’ – launched by Environment Ministry on Teachers’ Day?
4 . www.gec.nic.in
5. www.nec.nic.inAnswer – 2. www.ngc.nic.in
Environment Ministry launch an environment awareness initiative. Under which an online environmental quiz competition named “Prakriti Khoj” an Environment Quiz to be conducted at the national level.The quiz is being launched on 5th of September on the occasion of Teachers’ Day.
A separate webportal – www.ngc.nic.in containing information on the quiz has been developed by Ministry.
- Which country has finished sixth nuclear test on Sep.3 2017?
5.North KoreaAnswer –5.North Korea
North Korea’s 6th nuke test 9.8 times powerful than 5th: S Korea
The “artificial quake” in North Korea thought to be its sixth nuclear test was five to six times more powerful than the fifth nuclear test.As per the South’s Yonhap news agency reported it was 9.8 times more powerful than the tremor from Pyongyang’s fifth test.
- Which country bans women from wearing veils?
5. KazakhstanAnswer – 2. Tajikistan
The Tajikistan government has banned its women from wearing veils and Tajikistan government has introduced a legislation, wherein it has asked the women to “stick to traditional national clothes and culture”.The new legislation does not introduce a penalty for breaking the rule, but some have claimed that fines could be introduced at a later date. In the beginning of August, officials approached more than 8,000 women wearing hijabs in the capital of Dushanbe and ordered them to wear their scarves in the Tajik style.
- Name of the NASA Astronaut who returned home after 288 days spent in space.
1. Mike Adams
2. Peggy Whitson
3. Clayton Anderson
4. Anatoly Artsebarsky
5. Thomas AkersAnswer – 2. Peggy Whitson
NASA Astronaut Peggy Whitson to return home after 288 days in space
According to the US space agency NASA astronaut Peggy Whitson is set to depart the International Space Station (ISS) and return to Earth after completing a 288-day long mission.Whitson is completing a 288-day mission that began in November 2016, spanning 122.2 million miles and 4,623 orbits of Earth – her third long-duration stay on the outpost.
- Which bank of India signed in five banks of the BRICS Bank Cooperation Mechanism agreement to establish credit lines in the national currencies, as well as a memorandum of cooperation on credit ratings?
1. Union Bank
2. Reserve Bank of India
3. State Bank of India
4. Exim Bank
5. Indian BankAnswer – 4. Exim Bank
On September 2,2017, five banks of the BRICS Bank Cooperation Mechanism have agreed to establish credit lines in the national currencies and cooperate on credit ratings.The agreement was signed ahead of the Brics (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) summit in China’s Xiamen city on September 3rd .“Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES), Vnesheconombank, Export-Import Bank of India(EXIM), China Development Bank and Development Bank of South Africa (DBSA)have signed an agreement to establish credit lines in the national currencies, as well as a memorandum of cooperation on credit ratings,” Russian news agency TASS reported.
- Where is the head quarter of European Free Trade Association (EFTA)?
5. DublinAnswer – 2. Geneva
India and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) will meet this month in order to conclude their long pending negotiations on FTA (Free Trade Agreement). Nirmala Sitharaman said that India would look into “every concern” of foreign investors on intellectual property rights (IPR) and investment .The proposed FTA agreement covers trade in goods and services, investments, trade facilitation, customs cooperation, IRPR protection and public procurement. European Free Trade Association (EFTA)’s Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Who will be named as next U.S ambassador to India?
1.John Kenneth Galbraith
2. Nancy Jo Powell
3. Kathleen Stephens
4. Richard Verma
5. Kenneth I JusterAnswer – 5. Kenneth I Juster
The United States has announced on 3rd of Sept. the name of economic policy maker and expert on India, Kenneth I Juster, as the next US ambassador to India.
The position of ambassador to India, has been lying vacant since January 20, when Trump was sworn in as the 45th President of the United States.
- Who is the first sportsperson to become the head of the Sports Ministry?
1. Vijayendra Singh
2. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
3. Harihar Banerjee
4. Abhinav Bindra
5. Bhim SinghAnswer – 2. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore has appointed as the country’s Youth Affairs and Sports Minister announced on 3rd of sept. 2017.He has succeeded Vijay Goyal as the Sports Minister and is the first sportsperson to become the head of the Sports Ministry.Rathore joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 2013 and was sworn in as minister of state for information & broadcasting when the Modi government came to power in May, 2014.He is the first Indian shooter to win an Olympic medal after his silver at the 2004 Athens Games.
- Who has been removed from the coach of Indian Hockey on 2nd of Sept 2017 after a string of unimpressive outings at the international level?
1. David John
2. Mandeep Singh
3. Roelant Oltmans
4. Gurjant Singh
5. Michael NobbsAnswer –3. Roelant Oltmans
Hockey India fired national coach Roelant Oltmans after a string of unimpressive outings at the international level on 2nd of Sept 2017.Currently, Director David John will be taken charge in the interim, including the upcoming Asia Cup next month.The decision was taken during the three-day meeting of the Hockey India High Performance and Development Committee.Oltmans had first taken charge of the Indian team temporarily just before the 2013 Asia Cup after Australian Michael Nobbs had been removed.
- In which state archaeologists have discovered an ancient Buddhist site that dates back to 1st century AD?
1. Andhra Pradesh
2. Tamil Nadu
5. NagalandAnswer – 1.Andhra Pradesh
On august 28,2017 , Archaeologists in Andhra Pradesh have discovered an ancient Buddhist site that dates back to 1st century AD , in Guntur district, in Putlagudem village of Achampet mandal.Dr E Sivanagi Reddy , CEO of Culture Centre of Vijayawada and Amaravati (CCVA) found the site.Just last week, one of the prime Buddhist tourist spots in the state in Ghantasala village in Krishna district, was all set to receive a boost, with a Rs 1,500 crore project.
- Which state has launched an online portal for redressal of public grievances — aimed at addressing complaints within 30 days?
5. LakshadweepAnswer – 3.Goa
On September 1,2017 Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar launched an online portal for redressal of public grievances — aimed at addressing complaints within 30 days. The portal www.goaonline.gov.in can be accessed after providing basic information like name, address, mobile number, Aadhaar number, date of birth, email id, etc..
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved its first gene therapy drug in the United States that will treat Which disease?
5. Bone cancerAnswer – 3. Leukemia
The Food and Drug Administration has approved its first gene therapy drug in the United States that will treat Leukemia.Novartis drug Kymriah works by genetically modifying pediatric and young adult patients’ blood cells to attack cancer cells in blood and bone marrow. It will be used in patients under the age of 25 with acute lymphoblastic leukemia who were unresponsive to initial treatment.Kymriah is a cell-based gene therapy. The therapy is a genetically-modified autologous T-cell immunotherapy.
- What kind of Ransomware a new malware spread recently alert by the Government?
5. CrysisAnswer – 4. Locky
The government has issued an alert on spread of new malware ‘Locky Ransomware’ that can lock computers and demand ransom for unlocking them.
Key Points:Ransomware is a malicious software and the Locky Ransomware is learnt to be demanding ransom of half bitcoin, which at present rate is equivalent to over Rs 1.5 lakh.
- Who introduced a new vision processing unit (VPU) called Movidius Myriad X?
5. FreescaleAnswer – 4. Intel
Intel has introduced a new vision processing unit (VPU) called Movidius Myriad X. The new Intel VPU is aimed at providing end-to-end artificial intelligence (AI) solutions to a wide range of product categories such as smart cameras, virtual reality (VR) devices, robotics and even drones.Myriad X is the world’s first system-on-chip (SOC) shipping with a dedicated neural compute engine for accelerating deep learning inferences at the edge.
- Which Indian shuttler finishes runners-up at India Junior GP?
1. Vijay sinha
2. Krishna Raj
3. Gajendra Singh
4. Rahul Bharadwaj
5. Arjun RamAnswer – 4.Rahul Bharadwaj
Young Indian shuttler Rahul Bharadwaj is defeated by top seed Thai Kunlavut Vitidsarn in the men’s singles. He finish runners-up at the India Junior International Grand Prix on 3rd Sept 2017.In a 33 minute contest Bharadwaj blew a 6-2 lead in the first game to eventually go down 16-21 11-21 to the Thailand shuttler.
- MS Dhoni reached a record of 100 stumping in One-Day Internationals during his __________ match, as India played Sri Lanka in the fifth ODI of the five-match series at Colombo.
5.304Answer – 2. 301
MS Dhoni has become the first wicketkeeper to effect 100 stumpings in ODI cricket.MS Dhoni reached a record of 100 stumping in One-Day Internationals during his 301st match, as India played Sri Lanka in the fifth ODI of the five-match series at Colombo. Dhoni surpassed former Sri Lankan wicket-keeper Kumar Sangakkara, who had 99 stumpings in 404 matches.Dhoni, recently, became the sixth Indian player to play 300 matches in the 50-over format.