Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- What is the name of yojana launched by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik by marking birth centenary of legendary Biju Patnaik?
A.Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana
B.Bharat Kanya Ratan Yojana
C.Bharat Kanya Ratna Yojana
D.Bhim Kanya Ratan Yojana
Answer – A.Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the ‘Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana’ (BKRY) and inaugurated 1,000 anganwadi buildings here as part of the celebration marking birth centenary of legendary Biju Patnaik.
- Which is the largest river island in India clinched position in The Guinness World Records?
Answer – A.Majuli
The Guinness World Records has declared Majuli in Assam as the largest river island in the world. The beautiful river island is situated on the Brahmaputra River. It has toppled Marajo in Brazil to clinch the record.
- Which state has launched a new housing policy by renovating over 10,000 old or dilapidated buildings from the suburbs?
Answer – B.Maharashtra
The proposed Policy for the redevelopment of buildings on 7,000 lots in 104 layouts of the state-owned Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority (MHADA), While Floor Space Index (FSI) of four will be given for MHADA layouts in Greater Mumbai.
- Which facility has launched by the Rajasthan High Court in Jodhpur and Jaipur?
Answer – D.e-stamp
The Rajasthan High Court launched the e-stamp facility in its Jodhpur and Jaipur benches simultaneously. Rajasthan has become the fourth state in the country to provide the facility.
- Which movement is initiated by the Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi as a part of Swachh Bharatand Swachh Puducherry initiative at Seliamedu village in Bahoor?
Answer – C.Shramdaan Movement
The iniative is a habit and a movement, and every one irrespective of status should be involved in the drive against garbage the Lt Governor urged. The governor along with Chief Secretary Manoj Parida, District Collector of Puducherry and collected the garbage and dumped.
- Which company along with Microsoft and Sales force have officially adopted the EU-US Privacy Shield framework?
Answer – D.Google
US based tech giants Microsoft, Google and Sales force have officially adopted the EU-US Privacy Shield framework which enables these majors to receive personal data from the European Union (EU) in agreement with the new standards.
- Which project has been awarded as international UNESCO Confucius Prize for literacy 2016?
A.Jan Sikshan Samsthan
B.Jan Subikshan Sansthan
C.Jan Sikshan Sansthan
D.Jan Surakshan Samsthan
Answer – C.Jan Sikshan Sansthan
United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (Unesco) has selected Human Resource and Development Ministry’s Jan Sikshan Sansthan (JSS) project implemented in Malappuram for the international UNESCO Confucius Prize for literacy 2016.
- Which hollywood actor to receive Lifetime Achievement Oscar Award 2016?
Answer – B.Jackie Chan
Hong Kong-born action star Jackie Chan is about to receive a lifetime achievement Oscar award at the eighth annual Governors Awards on November 12 at Los Angeles.
- Which renowned poet to be honoured with the 37th edition of prestigious Sarala Award for his outstanding poetry?
Answer – D.Hrushikesh Mallick
This prestigious Sarala Puraskar, an award instituted by the Indian Metals Public Charitable Trust (IMPaCT), an organisation established by the IMFA Group, at a special function to be held on October 26.
- Which President died recently due to severe stroke that the Government announced the ending over a quarter of a century of his iron-fisted rule in the Central Asian nation?
Answer – A.Islam Karimov
Uzbekistan’s President Islam Karimov has died, the Government announced the ending over a quarter of a century of his iron-fisted rule in the Central Asian nation.
- Which place is recently added in conservation reserve for the uniqueness over 140 birds varieties?
C.Anantagiri Hills, Andhra Pradesh
Answer – A.Ankasamudra, Karnataka
The conservation reserve tank is a home of over 140 species of birds, both local and migratory, including Rosy Starlings, painted storks, open billed storks, Northern Shovelors, Northern Pintails, Sand pipers, cormorants, parakeets, egrets, ibis and herons among others, chose as their nestling place.
- In which country, recently launched World’s first Driverless minibuses after a year long experiment?
Answer – D.France
“World’s first” Driverless minibuses began taking passengers in the eastern French city of Lyon after a year-long experiment. Two electric minibuses with a capacity of 15 passengers each are now operating a 10-minute route with five stops in the city centre at an average speed of 6 miles (10km) per hour.
- Which company has entered into a joint venture with the Saudi Prerogative Company to offer IT services in the middle eastern country?
A.L & T infotech
Answer – D.Infosys
Infosys Limited is an Indian multinational corporation that provides business consulting,information technology and outsourcing services. It is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Who has been appointed as a next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Singapore?
Answer – A.Jawed Ashraf
Shri Jawed Ashraf, Indian Foreign Service – 1991 batch, presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry, has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Singapore.
- Who has been appointed as brand ambassador for anti- liquor & anti-drug campaign for Kerala Government?
Answer – B.Sachin Tendulkar
The Left ruled Kerala government has appointed the Cricket star Sachin Tendulkar as brand ambassador for anti- liquor and anti-drug campaign in the state.