AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 29 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affair September 29 2017
- To mark the completion of how many years Diamond Jubilee was celebrated by Directorate General of Quality Assurance (DGQA)DGQA, at DRDO Bhawan, in New Delhi?
5.100Answer – 2. 60
Diamond Jubilee was celebrated to mark the completion of 60 years by DGQA, at DRDO Bhawan, in New Delhi.Minister of State for Defence, Dr.Subhash Bhamare was present on the occasion.Dr.Subhash Bhamare, Director General of DGQA Lt Gen Shamsher Singh and Secretary of Defence Production Mr.Ashok Gupta addressed the gathering.Dr.Bhamre released the ‘First Day Cover’ to mark the occasion.
- Where did Indian Railways launch 100 new local train services on its suburban network of Western Railway and Central Railway zones?
5. New DelhiAnswer – 3. Mumbai
Indian Railways launched 100 new local train services on its Mumbai suburban network of Western Railway and Central Railway zones.Out of the 100 new services, 32 will be introduced on Western Railway and 68 train services will be introduced on Central Railway portion of Mumbai local.New services in Western Railway will start from 1st October 2017.
- What is the second state after Goa and also first time to use the new Electronic Voting Machine (EVMs) equipped with Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT)for the Assembly elections in the entire state?
2. Uttar Pradesh
3. Andhra Pradesh
5. KarnatakaAnswer – 4. Gujarat
Gujarat will become the second state after Goa to use the new VVPAT system for the Assembly elections in the entire state. It is the first time to use Electronic Voting Machine (EVMs) equipped with Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT).
- Where will be The third India International Science Festival held in October 2017 ?
5. BangaloreAnswer – 3. Chennai
The third India International Science Festival will be held in Chennai next month announced on 28th Sept. 2017.Prominent scientists from the government are expected to participate in the four-day festival which will be held from October 13-16 at IIT-Chennai.
- Which university of India has signed a MoU with Indian Army for Academic Collaboration, technical advancement and progression of Army Personnel?
1. Jamia Millia Islamia University
2. University of Rajasthan
3. APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
4. Aligarh Muslim University
5. University of CalicutAnswer – 1. Jamia Millia Islamia University
Indian Army and Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMIU), New Delhi has signed MoU for Academic Collaboration, technical advancement and progression of Army Personnel announced on 29th Sept. 2017. The MoU has signed between Lt. Gen. Ashwani Kumar, Adjutant General, IHQ of MoD (Army) & Prof Talat Ahmad, Vice-Chancellor, Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMIU).
- Name the country has announced the commissioning its first radar-evading stealth fighter J-20 jets into military service.
1. North Korea
2. South korea
5. ChinaAnswer – 5. China
On 28th September 2017, China announced the commissioning of its first radar-evading J-20 stealth fighter jets into military service, in Beijing. The Chengdu J-20 is China’s fourth-generation medium and long-range fighter jet. It is a twin-engine, single seat stealth fighter.It was built by Chengdu Aerospace Corporation.
- Which Bank has launched a new home loan product ‘CashBack’that offers 1 % cash-back for every EMI (Equated Monthly Instalment) during the entire loan period?
1. Axis Bank
2. Central bank of India
3. HDFC Bank
4. ICICI Bank
5. Union BankAnswer – 4. ICICI Bank
On 28th September 2017, ICICI Bank launched a new home loan product that offers 1 % cash-back for every EMI (Equated Monthly Instalment) during the entire loan period. The EMI cash-back is available for fresh home loans with minimum period of 15 years.
- Which entity signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Chinese firm, ZTE, at India Mobile Congress (IMC), in New Delhi?
5. BSNLAnswer – 5. BSNL
On 27th September 2017, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Chinese firm, ZTE, at India Mobile Congress (IMC), in New Delhi.
BSNL and ZTE would work together on technologies like Pre5G and 5G wireless systems, in order to make a virtual network architecture of a 5G eco system, for research and commercialization in India.
- Where did the LG Mukhi inaugurate first ever industry established by a tribal youth?
1. Car Nicobar Island
2. Great Nicobar Island
3. Havelock Island
4. Barren Island
5 .Neil IslandAnswer – 1. Car Nicobar Island
Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Prof. Jagdish Mukhi inaugurated an industry at Kinyuka village in Car Nicobar Island.This is the first ever industry established by a tribal youth in Car Nicobar.Prof Mukhi also interacted with people and heard their grievances and assured them of their speedy resolution.
- Name the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland has been selected for the 2017 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize.
2. Maryna Viazovska
5.Hans KungAnswer – 2. Maryna Viazovska
Maryna Viazovska of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland has been selected for the 2017 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize announced on 28th of Sept. 2017.Swiss professor Maryna ViazovskaThe prize also recognizes her outstanding PhD thesis of 2013 at the University of Bonn in which she resolved significant cases of the Gross-Zagier Conjecture and her work prior to her PhD with A.
- As per HSBC survey India jumps the global rankings by 12 places to reach the ________ spot in terms of best country for expats to live and work.
5.16thAnswer – 3. 14th
As per HSBC survey India jumps the global rankings by 12 places to take the 14th spot in terms of best country for expats to live and work in announced on 28th Sept. 2017. The list is topped by Singapore, is part of HSBCs latest expat explorer survey.
- What are the two airports awarded as Best Airports under National Tourism Awards 2015-16?
1. Pune Airport and Agra Airport
2. Diu and Tezu Airport
3. Goa International Airport and Calicut International Airport
4. Srinagar International Airport and Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur
5. Cochin International Airport and Bengaluru International AirportAnswer – .4. Srinagar International Airport and Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur
On 27th September 2017, Srinagar International Airport, Jammu & Kashmir and Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur, Chhattisgarh were jointly awarded the National Tourism Awards 2015-16, in New Delhi.
President Mr.Ram Nath Kovind, gave away the award for Best Airport under ‘rest of India’ category.
- Name the venture capital has announced the appointment of Rajiv Sabharwal as CEO & Managing Director.
1. Sequoia Capital
2. Tata Capital
3. Reliance Venture
4. Google Capital
5. Qualcomm VenturesAnswer – 2. Tata Capital
Tata Capital has announced the appointment of Rajiv Sabharwal as CEO & Managing Director, Designate of Tata Capital Limited on 28th Sept. 2017.Sabharwal will be joining Tata Capital in January 2018. He would be succeeding Managing Director & CEO Praveen P Kadle who will be assuming other responsibilities in the Tata Group effective April 1, 2018.
- Who has been appointed as the first woman Proctor to the BHU (Banaras Hindu University)?
1 .Riya Singh
2. Isha Goel
3. Ashwini Tripathi
4. Royana Singh
5. Malavika SharmaAnswer – 4. Royana Singh
The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has appointed Royana Singh as the first woman as its chief proctor of the institution on 28th of Sept. 2017.Royana would be succeeding O.N. Singh, who resigned on 26 September. The appointment was approved by Vice Chancellor Girish Chandra Tripathi.
- Which entity has announced the appointment of Tony Douglas as the chief executive officer of its Group, on 28th Sept. 2017?
3. Etihad Airways
4. Air Arabia
5. Rotana JetAnswer – 3. Etihad Airways
Etihad has announced the appointment of Tony Douglas on 28th Sept. 2017 as the chief executive officer of the Etihad Aviation Group, parent company of Abu Dhabi-based Etihad, which owns 24% in Jet Airways.
- Name the new species of aquatic snake has discovered in North Western Ghats.
2. Aquatic Rhabdops
3. Aqua Kempsey
4. Naja nivea
5. Bitis arietansAnswer – 2. Aquatic Rhabdops
Researchers have discovered a new snake species named ‘Aquatic Rhabdops’ in the north of Western Ghats. The new species of burrowing snakes belongs to genus Rhabdops.It is found in Koyna, Chandoli, Barki and Amboli regions of Maharashtra.
- India ranked __________ on global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions according to the PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency report .
5.6thAnswer – 2. 3rd
on 28th September 2017, PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency published its new report on global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, in Netherlands. India ranked 3rd in the GHG emissions with an increase of 4.7 % in GHG emissions.India has faced an alarming increase in carbon emissions.
- How many Indian shuttlers are in top-20 of men’s badminton rankings for 1st time?
5.7Answer – 3. 5
Five Indians are in top-20 of men’s badminton rankings for 1st time, PV Sindhu No.2 in the world.
- Name the founder of Playboy Enterprises, has passed away at the age of 91.
1. Marissa Mayer
2. Peter Lynch
3. John Mackey
4. Hugh Hefner
5. Jeffery GardnerAnswer – 4. Hugh Hefner
Hugh Hefner, the founder of Playboy Enterprises, has passed away at the age of 91 on 27th Sept. 2017.
Playboy Enterprises was born in Chicago on April 9th, 1926, he was the son of Methodists, served as a noncombatant in World War II.
- Who was a Makhan Lal Fotedar died at the age of 85 in Delhi on 28th September 2017?
5.SingerAnswer – 3.Political leader
On 28th September 2017, Makhan Lal Fotedar, a veteran Congress leader, died at the age of 85, in Delhi.Makhan Lal Fotedar died at 1.30 pm at Medanta hospital in Gurugram, Delhi.Fotedar was suffering from diabetes, hypertension and respiratory infection.He was admitted at hospital on 20th June 2017. He served as a political secretary to Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi.
- The World Heart Federation (WHF) organizes the World Heart Day, an international campaign on September 29th every year. What is the theme of World Heart Day for the year 2017?
1.’Spread the power’
2. ‘Share the power’
3.’Show the wisdom’
4.’Spread the wisdom’
5.’Spread the humanity’Answer – 2. ‘Share the power’
The World Heart Federation (WHF) organizes the World Heart Day, an international campaign on September 29th every year. Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) including strokes are responsible for half of all Non-Communicable Diseases making it world’s number one killer.This year, World Heart Day theme is ‘share the power’. Small changes, such as eating a healthy diet, getting more exercise and giving up smoking can make heart powerful.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification