Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is celebrated as World Maritime days to focus on the importance of shipping safety, maritime security and the marine environment?
D.September 29Answer – D.September 29
World Maritime Day was first observed on March 17, 1978 to mark the date of the IMO Convention’s entry into force in 1958. The 2016 Theme is “Shipping: indispensable to the world”.
- Which Australian Test bowler, cricket commentator and media personality who died recently?
D.Max WalkerAnswer – D.Max Walker
Tributes are flowing for former Australian Test bowler, cricket commentator and media personality Max Walker who died overnight, aged 68. Walker – who also played VFL football for Melbourne – passed away after a battle with myeloma, a form of blood cancer. Cricket Australia confirmed Walker’s death paying tribute to the “great character with a big smile”.
- Who took charge as a Chief Coach of the table tennis national team after Rio Olympics?
D.Massimo CostantiniAnswer – D.Massimo Costantini
Max, as he was fondly known and called by players, was with the Indian team from early 2009 till the endof the 2010
Commonwealth Games, guiding India to five medals, including a men’s doubles gold and a silver in the women’s team event.
- In which place, Swimming Federation of India and Jharkhand Swimming Association conducted the Glenmark 70th Senior National Aquatic Championship?
D.ImphalAnswer – B.Ranchi
Swimming Federation of India and Jharkhand Swimming Association conducted the Glenmark 70th Senior National Aquatic Championship at the Veer Budhu Bhagat Aquatic Stadium, Mega Sports Complex, Hotwar, Ranchi.
- What is the name of cyclone made landfall causes 27 people missed in China’s Zhejiang province?
D.Typhoon NidaAnswer – C.Typhoon Megi
A massive typhoon made landfall in eastern China, a day after carrying strong winds over Taiwan that felled trees and scattered debris, killing at least four people and injuring more than 260.
- What is the name of volcano more than 1,100 people evacuated as 2,000-metre column of ash spews from Mount Barujari in Lombok Island?
A.Child of Rinjani
B.Child of Ranjini
C.Child of Minjani
D.Child of ManjiniAnswer – A.Child of Rinjani
The eruption interrupted flights for several hours at Ngurah Rai international airport in Bali, about 135km from Lombok, and Selaparang airport in Mataram, the Mount Barujaricapital of West Nusa Tenggara province, on Lombok Island.
- Who has been appointed as new chief executive officer of Aditya Birla food and grocery retail?
D.MadheshwarAnswer –A.Mohit Kampani
Mohit Kampani was appointed as new chief executive officer of Aditya Birla food and grocery retail. He will take charge from October 3. He replaces Vishak Kumar.
- Which is incorrect statement related to the Railway Ministry launched dedicated various services to the Nation?
A.Liberalized station to station special freight rates policy
B.Policy providing sub quota of 34 % to women within reserved categories
C.Policy giving preference to local domicile holders
D.Launch of the new “Train at a Glance” effective from October 1Answer – B.Policy providing sub quota of 34% to women within reserved categories
Union Minister of Railways, Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, launched and dedicated a number of services to the nation during a function held at Rail Bhawan as a part of fulfillment of Budget Announcements 2016-17.
- In which state chief minister launched the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) to provide free LPG connections to BPL households on September 29, 2016?
D.Madhya PradeshAnswer – B.Jammu Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir CM Mehbooba Mufti launched the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) to provide free LPG connections to BPL households on September 29, 2016 in Jammu Kashmir in the presence of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan.
- In which city, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar inaugurated the 35th Coast Guard Commanders Conference?
D.DispurAnswer – A.New Delhi
The conference was attended by senior officers of the Ministry of Defence and Indian Coast Guard (ICG) which included the Director General Rajendra Singh, Additional Director Generals and Coast Guard Regional Commanders.
- In which country, Commerce and Industry Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman was attended 3rd Annual Ministerial Dialogue?
B.Auckland, New Zealand
D.Toronto, CanadaAnswer – D.Toronto, Canada
Commerce and Industry Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman was attended 3rd Annual Ministerial Dialogue held on 29th September 2016 at Toronto, Canada.
- A new Guinness World Record of having Largest Lego Sculpture in which country using a 5,805,846 individual pieces?
D.ChinaAnswer – B.United Kingdom
A new Guinness World Record for the largest Lego sculpture has been set in the UK, where a 13-metre high replica of the London’s iconic Tower Bridge was created using an astounding 5,805,846 individual pieces.
- Which of the following firm is not partnered on AI and Machine Learning to discuss advancements and conduct research in Artificial Intelligence?
D.IBMAnswer – A.Yahoo
Facebook, Amazon, Google, IBM and Microsoft— have joined hands to announce a historic partnership on AI and machine learning. These companies will discuss advancements and conduct research in AI and how to develop best products and services powered by machine learning.
- Which of the following bank has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company for distribution of mutual fund products?
A.Karur Vysya Bank
B.Uttar Bihar Gramin Bank
D.Karnataka BankAnswer – D.Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company for distribution of mutual fund products. Birla Sun Life MF, will provide all market mutual fund plans through the branches of the bank.
- Which of the following country had moved out of the SAARC summit in Pakistan in November, citing an “unsuitable environment” for the annual gathering of South Asian leaders?
D.All the aboveAnswer – D.All the above
Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan had moved out of the Saarc summit in Pakistan in November, citing an “unsuitable environment” for the annual gathering of South Asian leaders.
- Which country has passed a bill giving its small Hindu Minority the right to register marriages?
D.RussiaAnswer – C.Pakistan
Pakistan’s lower house of Parliament has passed a landmark bill giving its small Hindu minority the right to register marriages, the last major hurdle on the way to enacting a law aimed at protecting women’s rights