AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 28 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which country has signed ‘Letter of Intent’ with India to extend health co-operation?
5. JapanAnswer – 4. Norway
Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare signed a ‘Letter of Intent’ with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.This Letter of Intent aims to extend the co-operation in health sector through the Norway India Partnership Initiative (NIPI) for a period of 3 years, starting from 2018.
- Who is the CEO of Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA)?
1. Mr.Vijay Kumar
2. Mr. Santhosh Kumar
3. Mr. Deepak Kumar
4. Mr. Sampath kumar
5. Mr. Deeraj kumarAnswer – 3. Mr. Deepak Kumar
On 27th September 2017, the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) started a monthly ‘Jan Sampark’ program to enable the public to obtain information related to Adoption, in New Delhi.CEO of Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) is Mr.Deepak Kumar.
- Which state cabinet has approved the state Bio-Technology Policy 2017-22 and Anti-Superstition Bill?
2. Andhra Pradesh
5. TamilnaduAnswer – – 3. Karnataka
On 27th September 2017, Karnataka Cabinet approved the state Bio-Technology Policy 2017-22 and Anti-Superstition Bill, in Bengaluru. Bio-Tech Policy for 2017-22 will enable further development in the Biotechnology sector in Karnataka. The main focus of this policy is to encourage Research and Development in emerging technology areas like synthetic biology, anti-microbial resistance, rare diseases, orphan drug, stem cells, regenerative medicines and medical devices.
- Name the state that has signed a joint technical co-operation agreement with Germany-based GIZ, to carry out ‘land use planning and management project’.
2. Andhra Pradesh
5. TamilnaduAnswer – 5. Tamilnadu
On 27th September 2017, Tamil Nadu signed a joint technical co-operation agreement with Germany-based GIZ, to carry out ‘land use planning and management project’, in Tamil Nadu. This scheme would be implemented under the State Planning Commission, Housing and Urban Development department.
- Name the one of major festival of Telangana and some parts of Andhra Pradesh was celebrated for nine days days during the Durga Navaratri celebrations before Dussehra.
1. Chhath Puja
3. Losar Festival
5. Bastar DussehraAnswer – 2. Bathukamma
On 20th – 28th September 2017, Bathukamma, one of the major festivals of Telangana and some parts of Andhra Pradesh was celebrated. This festival is celebrated for nine days days during the Durga Navaratri celebrations before Dussehra.People worship Goddess Bathukamma, who is also known as Goddes Gauri for nine days. On the last day, the Goddess is immersed in rivers after completion of rituals.The Bathukamma Jatara, which commences two days before Dussehra, is organised where both festivals are observed.
- Which of the following Chief Minister has approved for the construction of Dadupur Nalvi Irrigation Scheme?
1. Amarinder Singh , Punjab
2. Vijay Rupani , Gujarat
3. Shri Siddaramaiah, Karnataka
4. Manohar Lal Khattar , Haryana
5. Yogi Adityanath , Uttar PradeshAnswer – 4. Manohar Lal Khattar , Haryana
The Haryana Cabinet under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved a proposal of Irrigation and Water Resources Department to announce 1,019.2994 acres of land acquired for construction of Dadupur Nalvi Irrigation Scheme. The scheme was meant to provide water to even those areas which fall under the category of dark zone because of low level of underground water.
- Which state cabinet has raised paid maternity leaves for women employees from 135 days to 180 days announced on 27th of Sept. 2017?
1. Arunachal Pradesh
4. Himachal Pradesh
5. Madhya PradeshAnswer – 4. Himachal Pradesh
The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet has raised paid maternity leaves for women employees from 135 days to 180 days announced on 27th of Sept. 2017. The meeting was chaired by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
- How much of amount Asian Development Bank(ADB) approved loan for modernisation of TVET in Himachal Pradesh?
1. USD 60 mn
2. USD 80 mn
3. USD 100 mn
4. USD 120 mn
5. USD 130 mnAnswer – 2. USD 80 mn
The Asian Development Banks (ADB) board of directors has approved the loan to modernize TVET institutions and programmes to enhance job prospects of the state’s youth announced on 28th of Sept. 2017.The project will align Himachal Pradeshs TVET programmes to national skills certification standards.
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) has sanctioned a term loan of Rs 4,009 crore to the _____________.
1. Maharashtra Power Generation Corporation Lt
2. Gujarat Power Generation Corporation Lt
3. Karnataka Power Generation Corporation Lt
4. BiharPower Generation Corporation Lt
5. Telangana Power Generation Corporation LtAnswer – 5.Telangana Power Generation Corporation Lt
Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) has sanctioned a term loan of Rs 4,009 crore to the Telangana Power Generation Corporation Lt (TSGENCO) for setting up a 4000 MW Yadadri thermal power plant announced on 27th Sept. 2017.The Yadadri plant would generate approximately 29,784 million units of energy to meet the future power requirement of Telangana.
- What are the two new members have joined in International Police Organization at 86th Interpol General Assembly in Beijing on 27th of Sept. 2017?
1. Marshall Islands and Palestine
2. Palau and Panama
3. Palestine and Solomon Island
4. Panama and Solomon Island
5. Czech Republic and PalestineAnswer – 3. Palestine and Solomon Island
The International Police Organization or Interpol, as it is commonly known, has decided to accept the state of Palestine as a new member announced on 86th Interpol General Assembly in Beijing on 27th of Sept. 2017.Some 75 countries voted in favor, with 24 voting against and 34 abstaining. The State of Palestine and the Solomon Islands are now INTERPOL member countries. Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah praised the decision as a victory for the Palestinian people.
- How much percentage of stake that IDBI Bank has sold in Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)?
5.13%Answer – 3. 9%
On 27th September 2017, IDBI Bank said that it has sold 9 % stake in Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).IDBI sold 9 % stake in SIDBI. The amount for which the 9 % stake was sold is undisclosed.
- According to India Ratings & Research , India’s GDP growth to fall to _______ in the financial year 2017-18.
5.6.2%Answer – 4.6.7%
On 27th September 2017, India Ratings lowered the growth forecast for the current financial year to 6.7 % from 7.4 % estimated earlier. India Ratings has pointed out the reasons for this downfall as demonetisation and GST (Goods & Services Tax) implementation.
- Name the entity has been barred from the capital markets by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)?
1. Suryachakra Power Corporation Limited
2. RRB Energy Limited
3. Indowind Energy Limited
4. Orient Green Power Limited
5. Jeevan Suraksha Energy and Industries LtdAnswer – 5. Jeevan Suraksha Energy and Industries Ltd
SEBI has barred Jeevan Suraksha Energy and Industries Ltd (JSEIL) from the capital markets for not complying with public issue norms on 27th of Sept. 2017.The step has been taken after SEBI received a complaint against the company about alleged fund mobilisation by way of issuance of Redeemable Preference Shares (RPS) and inability to recover investments and promised returns.
- Which one of the following has received the final approval to become India’s first Information Utility (IU)?
5. NtCLAnswer – 1. NeSL
On 27th September 2017, National e-Governance Services Ltd. (NeSL) received the final approval to become India’s first Information Utility (IU).NeSL – India’s first Information Utility: NeSL is a union government company.It had received an in-principle approval in June for establishing an information utility (IU).
- Find the Air service tied up with Punjab National Bank (PNB) and IndusInd Bank to secure loans of Rs.3,250 crore.
1. Jet Airways
4. Air India
5. VistaraAnswer – 4. Air India
On 27th September 2017, Air India tied up with Punjab National Bank (PNB) and IndusInd Bank to secure loans of Rs.3,250 crore. Air India has tied up with PNB and IndusInd bank, in order to avail a loan of Rs.3,250 crore.
- Which entity has launched its Business marketplace in India to help in the procurement needs of small and medium businesses?
5. C lub FactoryAnswer – 1. Amazon
Amazon has launched its Business marketplace in India. Amazon Business will help in the procurement needs of small and medium businesses in the country.The new B2B marketplace, called Amazon Business, will feature additional “convenience and value offering” by providing business-only pricing, discounts on bulk quantity purchase, and GST invoices to SMB buyers to claim GST credit.
- How much of maximum amount Asian Development Bank (ADB) plans to raise its annual lending to India to accelerate inclusive economic transformation toward upper middle-income status?
1. USD 2 billion
2. USD 3 billion
3. USD 4 billion
4. USD 5 billion
5. USD 6 billionAnswer – 3. USD 4 billion
Asian Development Bank (ADB) plans to raise its annual lending to India to a maximum of USD 4 billion tosupport the country to accelerate inclusive economic transformation toward upper middle-income statusannounced on 27th Sept. 2017.The proposal was endorsed at new ADB Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) for 2018-2022.
- Who is the ‘Father of research laboratories’ and also the first director-general of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)?
1. Vikram Ambalal Sarabha
2. Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar
3. Homi Jehangir Bhabha
4. Narendra Nath Sen Gupta
5. Venkatraman RamakrishnanAnswer – 2. Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar
The ten scientists were awarded Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, at a function held at Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), in New Delhi. Every year Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) selects 8-10 scientists, below the age of 45, form various institutions and honours them with Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award. Sir Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar OBE, was an Indian scientist, a professor of chemistry for over 19 years. He was the first director-general of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), and he is revered as the “father of research laboratories”. He was also the first Chairman of the University Grants Commission (UGC).To honour his name and achievements, CSIR instituted an award Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology, since 1958 for outstanding scientists who made significant contributions.
- To which country Shri Mridul Kumar has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India ?
5. JapanAnswer – 4. Malaysia
Shri Mridul Kumar an IFS of 1992 batch presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Malaysia.
- Name the state has been honored with Hall of fame award for the ‘Most Innovative Use of Information Technology – Social Media / Mobile App’ for the ninth consecutive year on Sept.28,2017.
1. Andhra Pradesh
5. KeralaAnswer – 5. Kerala
The Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala has been lauded with Hall of fame award for the ‘Most Innovative Use of Information Technology – Social Media / Mobile App’ for the ninth consecutive year.Out of these six awards, Kerala Tourism bagged two awards in the marketing category, including ‘Best Tourism Promotion Publicity Material’ for a film tourism brochure- ‘Your Next Blockbuster Destination’ and ‘Excellence in Publishing in Foreign language other than English’ for a Spanish Brochure titled “Reanimar – Enel Propio Pais de Dios”, conceived and developed by Stark Communications.
- Madhya Pradesh has won the ‘Best Tourism State’ named as ‘Hall of Fame Award for which consecutive year?
5. SixthAnswer – 2. Third
Madhya Pradesh has won the ‘Best Tourism State’ national award for the third consecutive year
President Ram Nath Kovind handed over the award, named as ‘Hall of Fame Award’, to Minister of State for Tourism Surendra Patwa at a ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi. The state bagged total 10 awards in this programme, organised on the occasion of World Tourism Day. Hall of Fame Awards presented to State Governments / organizations who have won the award in the same category for the last threeconsecutive years.
- Which state Tourism has won the “Hall of Fame” award for being the Best State in Comprehensive Development of Tourism category at the National Tourism Awards?
5. PuneAnswer – 1. Gujarat
Gujarat was named the best state for Comprehensive Development of Tourism at the National Tourism Awards presented by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- What was the rank secured by India in the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games 2017, was held at Ashgabat, Turkmenistan?
5.16thAnswer – 2 .11th
On 17th – 27th September 2017, the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games 2017, was held at Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. This is the 5th edition of the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games.India secured 11th place in the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games 2017. Indians won a total of 40 medals.This consists of 9 gold, 12 silver and 19 bronze medals. 1st -Turkmenistan topped the games with 89 gold, 70 silver and 86 bronze medals.2nd – China with 42 gold, 32 silver and 23 bronze medals.3rd – Iran with 36 gold, 23 bronze and 59 bronze medals.
- P.P Antony Former National _____________ coach Antony had passed away on 27th Sept. 2017.
1. Men’s Badminton
2. Men’s Hockey
3. Women’s Hockey
4. Men’s Archery
5. Women’s ArcheryAnswer – 3. Women’s Hockey
P P Antony, former national women’s hockey coach, who also trained and taught coaches at the SAI, Bengaluru campus passed away on 27th Sept. 2017.
- World Rabies Day is celebrated on 28th September annually to raise awareness about rabies prevention. The 2017 World Rabies Day theme is___________.
1.‘Rabies: Zero by 20’
2.‘Rabies: Zero by 25’
3.‘Rabies: Zero by 30′
5.’Rabies: Zero by 35’
5.‘Rabies: Zero by 40’Answer – 3.‘Rabies: Zero by 30′
World Rabies Day is celebrated annually to raise awareness about rabies prevention.
The 2017 World Rabies Day theme is ‘Rabies: Zero by 30’.The day’s theme sets the goal of reaching zero human deaths from canine rabies by the year 2030.
- What day is celebrated across the world on 28 September 2017?
1. Flag day
2. Coconut day
3. Maritime Day
4. Ozone day
5. Literacy dayAnswer – 3. Maritime Day
Maritime Day is celebrated across the world on 28 September across the world..The theme for 2017 World Maritime Day is ‘Connecting Ships, Ports and People’.The main aim is to do so by focusing on helping International Maritime Organization (IMO) member statesto develop and implement maritime strategies to invest in a joined-up, interagency approach.