Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Union Government has given its ex-post facto approval for which scheme on 28th September 2016?
A.Pradhan Mandhri Ujjwala Yojana
B.Pradhan Mandri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
C.Antyodaya Anna Yojana
D.Varishtha Pension Bima YojanaAnswer – D.Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana
The union cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved agreements, Mou between countries and expost facto approval to Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana (VPBY) on September 28, 2016
- Name the project was approved by the cabinet committee on Economic Affairs headed by the Prime Minister which cost Rs. 2256 Crore?
D.Project MaayaAnswer – C.Project Saksham
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs led by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved ‘Project SAKSHAM’ which cost Rs.2256 crore.
- Which International Airport has become First Asia-Pacific and one of the world’s few airports to achieve a “Carbon Neutral” Status?
B.Sardar Vallabhai Patel
D.Indira GandhiAnswer – D.Indira Gandhi
The Indira Gandhi International Airport had become Asia-Pacific’s only and one of the world’s few airports to achieve a “carbon neutral” status. GMR consortium-AAI run Delhi Airport has become the first carbon neutral airport in Asia-Pacific following a series of measures taken by it to reduce carbon footprint, including setting up of a 7.84 MW solar power plant.
- Which city hosted the BRICS Labour and Employment Ministerial Meeting to adopt the Declaration?
D.New DelhiAnswer – D.New Delhi
BRICS Labour & Employment Ministerial Meeting held in New Delhi. Ministers would deliberate to adopt the BRICS Labour & Employment Ministerial Declaration. The Two day Meeting dedicated sessions on key thematic areas, Employment Generation, Social Security and Inclusive Development Including Formalization.
- Which State Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the ISRO’s Development and Educational Communication Unit (DECU) to improve services of its educational channel ‘Mana TV’?
D.GoaAnswer – C.Telangana
Department of Information Technology, Electronics & Communication of the Telangana government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the ISRO’s Development & Educational Communication Unit (DECU) to improve services of its educational channel ‘Mana TV’.
- India ranked which position among the world on the Annual Global Competitiveness Index prepared by the World Economic Forum (WEF) for the year 2016?
D.42Answer – A.39
India has secured the 39th rank, climbing 16 places from last year, on the annual Global Competitiveness Index prepared by the World Economic Forum (WEF). Every year, WEF releases its Global Competitiveness Report based on their analysis of the world’s 138 economies. India has a score of 4.52 on the Index, while that of Switzerland, ranked 1st, is 5.81.
- Which Country is the first region of the world to rid itself of the Measles was announced by global health authorities?
D.IcelandAnswer – C.America
Measles has been eradicated from the Americas due to decades of vaccination efforts, making it the first region of the world to rid itself of the disease was announced by global health authorities.
- Which City in the India is the wealthiest City in the country according to New World Wealth?
D.New DelhiAnswer – A.Mumbai
According to New World Wealth, India’s financial capital Mumbai, home to 45,000 millionaires and 28 billionaires, is the wealthiest city in the country with total wealth of $820 billion. Top 3 cities: Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore
- World Rabies Day is being observed annually on which date to mark the anniversary of the Death of Louis Pasteur?
D.September 30thAnswer – B.September 28th
World Rabies Day observed each year on September 28 to mark the anniversary of the death of Louis Pasteur who, with the collaboration of his colleagues, developed the first efficacious rabies vaccine. 2016 Theme: Rabies: Educate. Vaccinate. Eliminate.
- Former Israeli President and Nobel Peace Prize winner has passed away at the age of 93 at a hospital near Tel Aviv due to stroke. Who is he?
D.Tabub SherAnswer – B.Shimon Peres
Former Israeli President and Nobel Peace Prize winner Shimon Peres has died at a hospital near Tel Aviv at the age of 93, after his condition deteriorated following a stroke, local media report.
- Which country to host the FIFI under 17 World Cup to be held in 2017?
D.IndiaAnswer – D.India
The Local Organising Committee (LOC) of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 unveiled the Official Emblem for the country’s first international football event. The ceremony at Goa’s Marriott Hotel was attended by FIFA President Gianni Infantino and Praful Patel, Chairman of the LOC and of the All India Football Federation (AIFF).
- Union Government has approved for closure of which company as per the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956/2013, Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 and other relevant Acts?
B.Hindustan Cables Limited
C.Hindustan Mining Industry
D.Hindustan Wires LimitedAnswer – B.Hindustan Cables Limited
Union Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Prime has given its approval for closure of Hindustan Cables Limited (HCL), Kolkata as per the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956/2013, Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 and other relevant Acts.
- Who has been awarded the ‘Lata Mangeshkar Award for Lifetime Achievement’ instituted by the Maharashtra government?
A.A R Rahman
D.PremjiAnswer – B.Uttam Singh
Veteran Music director Uttam Singh has been awarded the ‘Lata Mangeshkar Award for Lifetime Achievement’ instituted by the Maharashtra government.
- Which team won the inaugural FIFA Diversity Award in Manchester on September 2017, 2016 in Manchester?
D.ManchesterAnswer – A.Slum Soccer
Indian NGO Slum Soccer won the inaugural FIFA Diversity Award in Manchester on September 27, 2016 in Manchester, UK. It was received by Abhijeet Barse, CEO of Soccer. Soccer pipped International Gay & Lesbian Football Association and England’s ‘Kick It Out’ to win the prestigious award.
- Senior IFS officer Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha ha been appointed as India’s High Commissioner to which Country?
D.IndonesiaAnswer – A.United Kingdom
Senior IFS officer Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha ha been appointed as India’s High Commissioner to the UK. He is the successor of Navtej Sarna. He is currently serving as India’s High Commissioner to Sri Lanka.
- Name the New Lizard species had been discovered in Goregaon’sAarey Colony and Thane’s Badlapur forested belts?
D.Iguana VardagiriiAnswer – A.Cyrtodactylus Varadgirii
New lizard species named as Cyrtodactylus Varadgirii discovered in Mumbai. Anew species of a ground-dwelling lizard had been discovered in Goregaon’s Aarey Colony and Thane’s Badlapur forested belts, 130 years after the last such gecko was discovered, and had been named after a Bengaluru-based scientist VaradGiri.