AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 27 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs September 2018
- Current Affairs August 2018
- Current Affairs July 2018
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where was Smart City Expo India-2018 held from 26th to 28th September 2018?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Jaipur, Rajasthan
3) New Delhi, Delhi
4) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jaipur, Rajasthan
On September 26, 2018, Vice president M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated three days long Smart City Expo India-2018 in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Near about 6000 delegates from MNC’s of different countries, researchers, CEO’s of different Smart cities, Mayors and corporates participated in the expo. They had discussions related to: Benefits of new technology, town planning, capacity management, challenges before socio-economic development and development of networking in the Smart City sector. At present 433 smart city projects worth Rs 7,958 crore have been completed in the country.
- Where was the 4-day “Lok Manthan 2018”, a national literary and intellectual conference, inaugurated by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, on 27th September 2018?
1) Ranchi, Jharkhand
2) Raipur, Chhattisgarh
3) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
4) Kochi, Kerala
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ranchi, Jharkhand
On September 27, 2018, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated a national literary and intellectual conference- “Lok Manthan 2018” at Khel Gaon in Ranchi, Jharkhand. The four-day event was organised by Department of Culture of Jharkhand Government in association with a NGO. The event witnessed discussions on present social and cultural issues facing the country.
- Which entity has signed a MOU for cooperation in Peaceful Uses of Outer Space with Moroccan Centre of Remote Sensing?
1) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
2) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
3) Indian Meteorology Department (IMD)
4) NITI Aayog
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
On September 25, 2018, Moroccan defence minister Mr Abdeltif Loudyi on his two day first official visit to India, met Indian Defence minister Smt Nirmala Sitaraman in New Delhi. They inked pact on the following:
• Bilateral cooperation in the field of defence and security,
• The fields include: Hydrography, Peacekeeping, Telemedicine, Information Technology and Communications as well as Counter Terrorism and Counter Insurgency,
• Collaboration in Ship Building and manufacturing support,
• Participation of Defence minister of Morocco in the Aero India 2019to be held in Bengaluru in February 2019,
• MOU for cooperation in Peaceful Uses of Outer Space’ between ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) and the Moroccan Centre of Remote Sensing.
- Where was the joint border conference between India and Bangladesh held on 27th September 2018?
1) Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
2) Aizawl, Mizoram
3) Kolkata, Bangladesh
4) Gangtok, Sikkim
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Aizawl, Mizoram
On 27th September 2018, a joint border conference was held between India and Bangladesh at Aizawl, Mizoram. Delegates from India and Bangladesh discussed the border issues between both the countries including demarcation of border between the two countries along Mizoram. Indian delegation was headed by Survey of India Director Sanjay Kumar. Surveyor General of Bangladesh, Brigadier General Zakir Ahmed also participated.
- Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Radha Mohan Singh launched online software for Agmark certification process on 26th September 2018. The processes of Agmark certification is implemented by which body?
1) Directorate of Marketing & Inspection (DMI)
2) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
3) Indian Standards Institute (ISI)
4) Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Directorate of Marketing & Inspection (DMI)
On September 26, 2018, Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh launched online software for Agmark certification process. The processes of certification are being implemented by the Directorate of Marketing & Inspection (DMI). The process has been easy and accessible due to modern technologies implemented by the National Informatics Center.
- Which metro rail network has become India’s second largest metro rail network after Delhi?
1) Bengaluru Metro Rail
2) Mumbai Metro Rail
3) Hyderabad Metro Rail
4) Chennai Metro Rail
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Hyderabad Metro Rail
On September 27, 2018, Hyderabad Metro Rail became India’s second-largest metro network after Delhi, with the completion of Hyderabad Metro Rail’s (HMR) 46-km Corridor One. It is also the world’s largest metro project under the public-private-partnership (PPP) worth over Rs 20,000 crore. It is originally a 72 km of elevated metro line which is being built by L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad in the three dense traffic corridors of the city, of which 46 km is now operational.
- Supreme Court invalidated which section of IPC (Indian Penal Code) to declare adultery cannot be a criminal offence, on 27th September 2018?
1) Section 497
2) Section 123
3) Section 435
4) Section 534
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Section 497
On September 27, 2018, a five-judge Constitution bench, headed by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra, of the Supreme Court struck down the 150-year-old penal law on adultery. It invalidated the Section 497 of IPC as a violation of Articles 14 and 15 and under Article 21 of the constitution of India. It is declared that adultery can be the ground for civil issues including dissolution of marriage but it cannot be a criminal offence. The 5 judges include: Chief Justice India Dipak Misra, Justices Rohinton Nariman, AM Khanwilkar, DY Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra.
- What is the rank of India in economic freedom, according to a study named Economic Freedom in the World conducted by Centre for Civil Society (CCS) and Canada’s Fraser Institute?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 96
On September 27, 2018, according to a study named Economic Freedom in the World by Centre for Civil Society (CCS) along with Canada’s Fraser Institute, India stands at 96th rank out of 162 countries in economic freedom. The 2018 report is based on data from 2016. The index measures 5 areas of economic freedom. They are: Size of Government, Legal System and Property Rights, Sound Money, Freedom to Trade Internationally and Regulation. India ranked 98th in the previous year. India improved its score on parameters such as legal system and property rights, access to sound money, freedom to trade internationally and regulation of credit, labour and business. The score however reduced in the size of government parameter.
- Reserve Bank of India increased the “Facility to Avail Liquidity for Liquidity Coverage Ratio (FALLCR)” from the existing 11 % to ____ % of their deposits, with effect from 1st October 2018?
1) 15 %
2) 12 %
3) 13 %
4) 20 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 13 %
On September 27, 2018, Reserve Bank of India enhanced the “Facility to Avail Liquidity for Liquidity Coverage Ratio (FALLCR)” from the existing 11 per cent to 13 per cent of their deposits. Its objective is to overcome any possible liquidity constraints by the banks. This will be effective from October 1. This will enable the banks to forge out up to 15 per cent of holdings under the statutory liquidity reserves (SLR) during liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) requirements as compared to 13 per cent now. As of September 26, banks had availed of Rs.1.88 trillion through term repos from the Reserve Bank.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved financing of up to _____ million for a multitranche financing facility (MFF) infrastructure project in at least 10 cities of Tamil Nadu, on 25th September 2018?
1) USD 250 million
2) USD 500 million
3) USD 750 million
4) USD 235 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) USD 500 million
On September 25, 2018, Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved financing of up to USD 500 million for a multitranche financing facility (MFF) infrastructure project in at least 10 cities of Tamil Nadu. ADB’s financing will be provided in 3 tranches between September 2018 and March 2022. The first tranche of the program amounting to $169 million will target the cities of Chennai, Coimbatore, Rajapalayam, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, and Vellore. The Second one would be a $2 million grant from the Asian Clean Energy Fund, established by the Government of Japan, to fund the solar energy pilot project. ADB technical assistance grant of $1 million to support capacity building. This is a part of a project worth $766.4 million by The Government of India, Government of Tamil Nadu, Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board.
- Indian Navy signed a contract with which company for construction of 2 Diving Support Vessels (DSV) to expand Indian Navy’s submarine support operations, on 20th September 2018?
1) Hindustan Shipyard Limited
2) Mazagon Dock Limited
3) Kolkata Shipbuilders Limited
4) Indian Shipbuilders Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Hindustan Shipyard Limited
On 20th September 2018, Indian Navy signed a contract with M/s Hindustan Shipyard Limited, Vishakhapatnam, for construction of 2 Diving Support Vessels (DSV) to expand Indian Navy’s submarine support operations. The first vessel will be built in 36 months. It will be followed by the second vessel, 6 months later. The vessels will be based at Vishakhapatnam and Mumbai respectively. It will have 118 m length and 7,650 T displacement. The DSV also has a Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel (DSRV) that will improve its Submarine Rescue Capabilities.
- Name the Indian who is to receive the United Nation’s Champions of the Earth Award in the Policy Leadership category?
1) Ram Nath Kovind
2) Man Mohan Singh
3) Narendra Modi
4) Arun Jaitley
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Narendra Modi
On September 26, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with 5 other individuals and organisations are recipients of UN’s highest environmental honour: Champions of the Earth Award. He along with French President Emmanuel Macron have been conferred this award in the Policy Leadership category. They have been awarded for their joint effort to: Promote environmental policies through the International Solar Alliance and Eliminate all single-use plastic in India by 2022. Cochin International Airport has also been awarded this year under the ‘Entrepreneurial Vision’ category for its leadership in the use of sustainable energy. These awards would be presented during the Champions of the Earth Gala in New York City, on the sidelines of the ongoing 73rd UN General Assembly in New York.
- Who has topped Barclays Hurun India rich list 2018?
1) Kumar Mangalam Birla
2) Ratan Tata
3) Mukesh Ambani
4) Anil Ambani
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mukesh Ambani
On September 26, 2018, Barclays Hurun India rich list 2018 was released and according to it new 214 individuals were added, whose net worth is Rs 1,000 crore or more. Since its inception in 2012, Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani remains to be at the top of the list. He is now the richest Indian with net worth of Rs 371,000 crore with his wealth increasing by Rs 300 crore a day over the past year. With 831 members, the list has increased by a third since 2017 and almost eight times since 2012. The cumulative wealth of the 831 individuals featured in the list stood at $719 billion, roughly a quarter of India’s GDP of $2,848 billion. India as 3rd with 141 billionaires in terms of countries highest number of billionaires behind China and the US.
- Who has been conferred the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2018 for Science and Technology by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)?
1) Dr Thomas Pucadyil
2) Ganesh Nagaraju
3) Ashwin Anil Gumaste
4) Nitin Saxena
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dr Thomas Pucadyil
September 27, 2018, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) on its foundation day released the list of awardees for Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2018Dr Thomas Pucadyil from the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research in Pune has been awarded the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology by CSIR.
Other awardees of the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology 2018 were:
• In the Biological Sciences category, Ganesh Nagaraju from IISC, Bengaluru.
• In the Chemical science category, Rahul Banerjee and Swadhin Kumar Mandal of IISER, Kolkata,
• In the Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences category, Dr. Madineni Venkat Ratnam of the National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Tirupati, and Parthasarathi Chakraborty of CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography, Goa,
• In the Engineering Sciences, Amit Agarwaland Ashwin Anil Gumaste of IIT Bombay,
• In the Mathematical Sciences category, Amit Kumar and Nitin Saxena, from IIT Delhi and IIT Kanpur respectively,
• In the Medical Sciences category, Dr Ganesan Venkatasubramanian of NIMHANS, Bengaluru,
• In the Physical Sciences category, Dr. Aditi Sen De the Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad and Dr. Ambarish Ghosh from IISc, Bengaluru.
- Who was announced as Brand Ambassador of “Tribes India”, on 27th September 2018?
1) Manu Bhaker
2) Hima Das
3) Mary Kom
4) MS Dhoni
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mary Kom
On 27th September 2018, Jual Oram, Union Minister for Tribal Affairs launched “Punch Tantra Diwali collection” and announced World Boxing Champion Mary Kom as Brand Ambassador of “Tribes India” in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The event was organised by Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) and Tribes India under Ministry of Tribal Affairs. The Punch Tantra range of tribal arti-facts consists of handlooms and handicrafts inspired and promoted by Mary Kom. The collection is like the powerful punch of Mary Kom, as the name suggests. It has been specially introduced for the festive season.
- Name the indigenously developed Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (BVRAAM) that was successfully test fired by Indian Air Force (IAF) near Chandipur in Odisha on 27th September 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Astra
On September 27, 2018, the Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully test fired the indigenously developed Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (BVRAAM) Astra from a Su-30 aircraft over the Bay of Bengal near Chandipur in Odisha. It has been developed by: IAF and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) primarily. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited modifying the aircraft for weapon integration along with 50 other private and public industries. It was part of the series of final pre-induction trials and had already undergone more than twenty developmental trials.
- Which city will host the first two new-format Davis Cup finals in 2019 and 2020?
1) London, England
2) Madrid, Spain
3) Paris, France
4) Melbourne, Australia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Madrid, Spain
On 27th September 2018, International Tennis Federation (ITF) announced that, Madrid would host the first two new-format Davis Cup finals in 2019 and 2020. The new format was proposed by the Kosmos group headed by footballer Gerard Pique and was adopted by the International Tennis Federation (ITF) in August 2018. The competition will engage 18 countries at one place for a week at the end of the tennis season. The revamped finals will be conducted at La Caja Magica, venue for Madrid Open in 2019. The venue for the 2020 event has not yet been decided.
- Who will replace PR Sreejesh as captain for Asian Champions Trophy (hockey) that will be held in Muscat, Oman, in October 2018?
1) Manpreet Singh
2) Chinglensana Singh
3) Krishan Bahadur Pathak
4) Surendar Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Manpreet Singh
India midfielder Manpreet Singh will take over the captaincy from PR Sreejesh in the Asian Champions Trophy (hockey) in Muscat in October 2018. India will go into the tournament as the defending champions after they won the 2016 edition when they beat Pakistan 3-2 in the final in Kauntan, Malaysia.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Kaziranga National Park located?Assam
- Where is the headquarters of Asian Development Bank (ADB)?Manila, Philippines
- Who is the managing director of Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)?Pravir Krishna
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)?Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy; Headquarters – New Delhi
- What is the capital and currency of Morocco?Capital – Rabat; Currency – Moroccan dirham