AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 27 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which INS was commissioned into the Indian Navy by Vice Admiral Girish Luthr?
2 INS Tarasa
3. INS Kalvari
4. INS Chakra
5. INS Vagli
Answer – 2. INS Tarasa
INS Tarasa, a Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (FAC) was commissioned into the Indian Navy by Vice Admiral Girish Luthra, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Naval Command at the Naval Dockyard, in Mumbai.
- To which country the Union Cabinet has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the oil and gas sector?
Answer – 4. Belarus
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Belarus in the oil and gas sector. The MoU was signed on 12th September 2017 during the visit of President of Belarus to India.
- Who launched the Web Portal of Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA) and Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWR) System, in New Delhi?
1. Ms. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
2. Mr.Ashok Gajapathi Raju
3. Ms.Harsimrat Kaur Badal
4. Ms.Smriti Zubin Irani
5. Mr.Ram Vilas Paswan
Answer – 5. Mr.Ram Vilas Paswan
On 26th September 2017, Mr.Ram Vilas Paswan, Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution launched the Web Portal of Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA) and Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWR) System, in New Delhi.
- Which State Government has signed a MoU with South Korea for increased co-operation in infrastructure projects like development of smart cities, roads, airports and metros?
5. GujaratAnswer – 3. Maharashtra
On 26th September 2017, The Maharashtra Government signed a MoU with South Korea for increased co-operation in infrastructure projects like development of smart cities, roads, airports and metros.Maharshtra signs MoU with South Korea.Maharashtra Chief Minister Mr.Devendra Fadnavis is on a three day visit to South Korea and Singapore.This MoU would help with implementation strategy, legal systems, policies, technologies and information in infrastructure development. Mr.Fadnavis had a meeting with Ms.Kim Hyunmee, Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT), in Seoul.
- Which country has announced to provide increased support to Haryana’s White Revolution?
1. United States
Answer – 4. Israel
Mr.Uri Ariel, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of Israel, announced that Israel will provide increased support to Haryana’s White Revolution, in Israel. Haryana’s Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister Mr.Om Prakash Dhankar, met Israel’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Mr.Uri Ariel.Both the Ministers agreed on further co-operation in the fields of horticulture, dairy and exchange of research among students and specialists in universities of agriculture, horticulture and animal sciences.
- Where did Vice President, Mr.M.Venkaiah Naidu inaugurate the ‘Shouchalayakkagi Samara’ (A Crusade for Toilets) Programme?
1. Andhra Pradesh
5. KeralaAnswer – 3. Karnataka
On 26th September 2017, Vice President, Mr.M.Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the ‘Shouchalayakkagi Samara’ (A Crusade for Toilets) Programme, in Karnataka.Vice President Mr.M.Venkaiah Naidu presided as the Chief Guest in a public event at Hubli.Later, he addressed a ‘Shouchalayakkagi Samara’ public gathering at the local high school, in Janata Colony, Konnur Village, in Naragund Taluk of Gadag District.
- In which place artists have constructed a 100 feet bamboo idol of Goddess Durga, world’s tallest bamboo idol?
1. Gandhi Nagar,Gujarat
2. Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
3. Guwahati, Assam
4. Kolkatta,West Bengal
5. Bilaspur ,ChattisgarhAnswer – 3. Guwahati, Assam
On 26th September 2017, Artists constructed a 100 feet bamboo idol of Goddess Durga, world’s tallest bamboo idol, in Guwahati, Assam. It aims to break the Guinness World Records for the tallest bamboo sculpture.5,000 bamboo poles have been used to make the idol.The idol has been created by Art Director Mr.Nuruddin Ahmed and his team of 40 members for Guwahati’s Bishnupur Sarbojanin Durga Puja Committee.
- Name the chief minister who has constituted a steering committee to monitor and coordinate the states drug de-addiction and rehabilitation programme.
1.Shri Siddaramaiah , Karnataka
2. Shri Devendra Fadnavis ,Maharashtra
3. Manohar Lal Khattar ,Haryana
4. Shri Nitish Kumar ,Bihar
5. Amarinder Singh ,Punjab
Answer – 5. Amarinder Singh ,Punjab
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh has constituted a steering committee to monitor and coordinate the states drug de-addiction and rehabilitation programme announced on 26th of Sept. 2017.The decision to set up the committee, headed by the state chief secretary, was taken by the chief minister at a meeting of the State Board of Drug De-addiction and Rehabilitation.
- Who has set up the Dairy Processing and Infrastructure Development Fund (DPIDF) to boost the dairy sector?
1. Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
2. Minister of Rural Development
3. Minister of Food Processing Industries
4. Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers
5. Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
Answer – 1. Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan singh the government has set up the Dairy Processing and Infrastructure Development Fund (DPIDF) worth Rs 10,881 crore to boost the dairy sector announced on 26thof Sept. 2017.Through Dairy Processing and Infrastructure Development Fund (DPIDF) 95 lakh farmers from about 50,000 villages will be benefited.
- “Yudh Abhyas 2017” is an annual bilateral exercise designed to strengthen the_______ and Indian Army partnership.
Answer – 2. US
The armies of India and the US commenced a joint military exercise at a base in Washington state on September 16th 2017 and concluded on September 27th 2017. he training was focused on specialised drills and procedures involved in counter insurgency, counter terrorist operations in an urban environment. In addition the Indian contingent got a first-hand experience of operating with the ‘Stryker’ Infantry Combat Vehicle and the US Army gained an insight on the training of an infantry unit in a mountainous terrain. In addition the Indian contingent got a first-hand experience of operating with the ‘Stryker’ Infantry Combat Vehicle and the US Army gained an insight on the training of an infantry unit in a mountainous terrain. The officials of both the Armies include five Indian Army Veterans.
- Where the fifth Kaju India-2017, a global cashew summit has been structured?
5. Andhra Pradesh
Answer – 2. Goa
In Goa , the fifth Kaju India-2017, a global cashew sumit has been structured by Cashew Export Promotion Council. More than 450 delegates including 30 from foreign countries had already registered for the event that would be held with the theme ‘Tradition of Trust and Commitment to Taste’.It happened from September 17 to 19 , 2017.
- Which country has obtained the highest rank among the South Asian countries in the Global Competitiveness Report released by World Economic Forum (WEF)?
1. Sri Lanka
Answer – 4. India
On 27th September 2017, World Economic Forum (WEF) released the Global Competitiveness Report, in Switzerland. Switzerland occupies the 1st position in the list.US occupies the 2nd position and Singapore the 3rd.India has bagged the 40th rank. India has obtained the highest rank among the South Asian countries. Categorically, India has scored 29th rank in Innovation, 66th rank in Infrastructure, 75th rank in Higher Education and Training and 107th rank in Technological Readiness.
- World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has announced that it had suspended the WADA accreditation of the laboratory of the National Anti-Doping Organisation of Which country?
5. BelgiumAnswer – 3. France
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has announced that it had provisionally suspended the WADA accreditation of the laboratory of the National Anti-Doping Organisation of France (AFLD) announced on 26th Sept. 2017.The main reason of provisionally suspended the WADA is because of “analytical issues”.
As per the WADA the provisional suspension came into effect on 24th of Sept. and prohibits the Paris Laboratory from carrying out any anti-doping activities, including all analyses of urine and blood.
- Which bank has launched ‘Project Nishchay’ in partnership with Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to improve its financial performance?
1. IDBI Bank
2. UNITED BANK OF INDIA
3. SYNDICATE BANK
4. UCO Bank
5. CENTRAL BANK OF INDIAAnswer – 1. IDBI Bank
On 26th September 2017, IDBI Bank launched ‘Project Nishchay’ in partnership with Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to improve its turnaround programme and financial performance.This project will be led by senior management of IDBI Bank and BCG. IDBI Bank has the highest ratio of bad loans among listed banks with a gross NPA ratio of over 24 %.
- Name of the state has secured the 1st position in manufacturing emergence in India, according to a study titled ‘Manufacturing excellence and emergence in India: The State-level analysis’ conducted by the non-governmental industry body ASSOCHAM.
5. PunjabAnswer – 3. Maharashtra
On 26th September 2017, Maharashtra secured the 1st position in manufacturing emergence in India, according to a study conducted by the non-governmental industry body ASSOCHAM.Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) conducted a study titled ‘Manufacturing excellence and emergence in India: The State-level analysis’.ASSOCHAM considered the following factors to prepare the ranking: number of factories, output value, working capital, net fixed capital formation, fixed capital, finished goods, capital invested and total inputs.Maharashtra has topped the ranking, with the highest growth in entrepreneurs.
- Which famous vocalist was chosen for the prestigious Bharatratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi award for the year 2017-18 by the Maharashtra government?
1. Usha Parkhi
2. Malini Rajurkar
3. Sunanda Patnaik
4. Vinod Kumar Dwivedi
5. Manik BhideAnswer – – 5. Manik Bhide
On 26th September 2017, famous vocalist Manik Bhide was chosen for the prestigious Bharatratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi award for the year 2017-18, for her contribution to the field of music.Bhimen Joshi Award.The Bhimen Joshi Award is given by the Maharashtra government.It is the highest award in the category of performing arts. It consists of Rs.5 lakh cash prize.
- Where was Colin Gonsalves, a senior Indian advocate selected for a prestigious rights award for his innovative use of public interest litigation in securing fundamental human rights for India?
5. DenmarkAnswer – 1. Sweden
Colin Gonsalves, a senior Indian advocate was selected for a prestigious rights award in Sweden announced on 26th Sept. 2017.He has been selected for his innovative use of public interest litigation in securing fundamental human rights for India’s most marginalised and vulnerable citizens.He will share the award and the prize money worth over USD 300,000 (SEK 3 million) with two other laureates — Khadija Ismayilova from Azerbaijan and Robert Bilott from the US. The three laureates were chosen from 102 nominations from 51 countries.
- Which Airport has bagged the best airport security award from the World Quality Congress (WQC) announced on 26th of Sept. 2017 by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)?
1. Kempegowda International Airport
2. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
3. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
4. Indira Gandhi International Airport
5. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International AirportAnswer – 3. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
The security award provided by the CISF at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport has bagged the best airport security award from the World Quality Congress (WQC) announced on 26th of Sept. 2017.The awards are considered as recognition of excellence demonstrated by agencies in the commerce and industry space of the country and based on the independent evaluation by the WQC Jury. The award will be given to CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) at an event to be held in Dubai next month.
- What is the rank that Priyanka Chopra holds among the world’s 10 highest paid television actresses announced on 27th of Sept. in the world’s highest-paid TV actresses 2017 list?
Answer – 4. 8th
According to the world’s highest-paid TV actresses 2017 list Priyanka Chopra is 8th among the world’s 10 highest paid television actresses announced on 27th of Sept. 2017.It will be Priyanka’s second year on the list and this time also she is the 8th highest paid TV actress.Colombian actress Sofia Vergara tops the list again. She stars in the hit sitcom Modern Family.
- Which entity has became the world’s most valuable brand in Interbrand’s 2017 best Global Brands ranking?
5. AppleAnswer – 5. Apple
Apple became the world’s most valuable brand in Interbrand’s 2017 best Global Brands ranking .It was Apple’s fifth consecutive year in the position.Apple’s brand value was measured as $184,15 billion, which was grew 3 percent from the year 2016.Google is in second place with $141.7B which grew 6 percent in brand value over the past year and followed by Microsoft ($80B), Coca-Cola ($69.7B), Amazon ($64.8B), and Samsung ($59.3B).
- Name the entity has acquired F1 Info Solutions, a mobile and IT repair & services company with a pan-India presence of owned and franchised centres.
5. Shop CluesAnswer – 2. Flipkart
Flipkart has acquired F1 Info Solutions, a mobile and IT repair services company with a pan-India presence of owned and franchised centres. It will expand Flipkart’s offerings to the entire lifecycle of mobiles, IT products and consumer electronics, from sales to after sales and repair services.Flipkart customers can now walk into an F1 Info Solutions store to get their devices repaired.
- For Whom Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot launched the Mobile App ‘Divyang Sarathi’?
3. Senior Citizens
4. Different abled
5. FarmersAnswer – Answer – 4. Different abled
On 26th September 2017, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot launched the Mobile App ‘Divyang Sarathi’ for the differently abled.This mobile application would empower the ‘Divyangjans’ (differently abled) by providing easy access of information regarding schemes, scholarships, statutes, institutional support systems etc.
- India will conduct the South Asian boxing Championship 2017 in _______________.
1. New Delhi
5. GuwahatiAnswer – 5. Guwahati
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) has presented its 2017-18 calendar which includes the prestigious South Asian Championship to be held in Guwahati from December 6-10 announced on 26th of Sept. 2017. It is the first time India will host the South Asian Championship. The tournament will witness the participation from Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and Ukraine among other top boxing nations.
- Name the senior IAS officer along with Shri Deenanath Pathak has written the book ‘A to Z of Financial Management in Autonomous Institutions’ which was released by N Chandrababu Naidu.
1. Ashok Gajapathi
2. Y.S. Chowdary
3. G Manoharan
4. Bhaskar Bhatt
5. Rajat BhargavaAnswer – 5. Rajat Bhargava
The book titled “A to Z of Financial Management in Autonomous Institutions” is authored by Dr. Rajat Bhargava and Shri Deenanath Pathak. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has released the book ‘A to Z of Financial Management in Autonomous Institutions’, written by senior IAS officer Rajat Bhargava.The book was released on 26th of Sept. 2017.The Union Minister for Civil Aviation Sh Ashok Gajapathi Raju, Minister of State for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Shri Y.S. Chowdary were apresent on the occasion.
- What Day is celebrated across the world on 27th of September?
1. World Ozone Day
2. World Heart Day
3. World Coffee Day
4. World Rabies Day
5. World Tourism Day
Answer – 5. World Tourism Day
The World Tourism Day is celebrated across the world on 27th of September.The theme for World Tourism Day 2017 is ‘Sustainable Tourism – a Tool for Development’.The purpose is to foster awareness among the international community of the importance of tourism and its social, cultural, political and economic value. The function was presided over by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism Shri Alphons Kannanthanam. The awards were followed by the launch of the Incredible India 2.0 Campaign, the launch of ‘Adopt A Heritage’ Project and design launch of Incredible India Website.
- Veteran actor Dwijen Bandyopadhyay passed away at his residence. He belongs to _________.
Answer – 1. Bengali
On 27th September 2017, Veteran Bengali actor Dwijen Bandyopadhyay passed away, at his residence, in Kolkata. He had acted in films like Chander Bari, Jekhane Bhooter Bhoy, Phoring, Autograph etc.He is survived by his wife and daughter.Before cremation, his body was taken to Academy of Fine Arts.