Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is celebrated as World Tourism Day 2016 with the theme “Tourism for All – promoting universal accessibility” by the United Nations World Tourism Organization?
Answer – C.September 27
The World Tourism Day 2016 is celebrated with the theme “Tourism for All – promoting universal accessibility” by the United Nations World Tourism Organization on September 27 to address global challenges outlined in the United Nations Millennium Development Goals and to highlight the contribution the tourism sector can make in reaching these goals.
- Which country would host the Asian Games for the third time in 2026 after Aichi prefecture by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA)?
Answer – B.Japan
Japan will host the Asian Games for the third time in 2026 after Aichi prefecture and its capital Nagoya were confirmed as the venue for the multi-sport event by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA).
- Which Indian shuttler clinched the Polish Open after defeating fellow Indian Rasika Raje in the women’s singles final of the International challenge badminton event?
Answer – D.Rituparna Das
Rituparna beat Rasika 11-21 21-7 21-17 in a 40-minute clash. Women’s doubles pair of Sanjana Santosh and Arathi Sara Sunil also clinched the title after defeating top seeds Natalya Voytsekh and Yelyzaveta Zharka19-21 21-19 21-14 in the final that lasted more than an hour.
- Who has become only the second Indian table tennis player to win an ITTF event as he clinched the men’s singles title of the Belgium Open?
Answer – B.Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
Sathiyan won his first pro title by defeating local player Nuytinck Cedric 4-0 in the final 15-13, 11-6, 11-2, 17-15 at De Haan in Belgium. Achanta Sharath Kamal is the first Indian to win an ITTF event in 2012.
- Who has among MRF Team won the 2016 FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship fourth time in the 2016 FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship held at Obihiro, Japan?
Answer – D.Gaurav Gill
2013 APRC champion Gill with a new co-driver in Belgian Stephane Prevot win in one minute and 50.6 seconds over Germany’s Fabian Kreim (Christian Frank) who finished ahead of Cusco Racing’s Michael Young.
- For which material exploration Government of India signed a15-year contract with the International Seabed Authority (ISA) in Indian Ocean?
Answer – D.Polymetallic Sulphides
Government of India signed a15-year contract with the International Seabed Authority (ISA) for exploration of polymetallic sulphides (PMS) in Indian Ocean. The contract was signed by Dr M Rajeevan, Secretary, Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), and Dr Nii Allotey Odunton, secretary general, ISA.
- Which country has the highest rate of deaths per capita due to ambient air pollution in the WHO’s classification, followed by Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Egypt and China?
Answer – A.Turkmenistan
It is pathetic to know that more than 9 out of 10 people worldwide live in areas with excessive air pollution, contributing to strokes, heart disease, lung cancer and other problems, says WHO Report on Ambient Air Pollution 2016.
- Which country with India defence got another fillip with the delivery of first fast patrol vessel, MCGS VICTORY, designed and built in-house by Goa Shipyard Ltd for Mauritius Coast Guard GSL?
Answer – A.Mauritius
The CMD thanked the Government of Mauritius, Ministry of Defence, StateGovernment and local authorities for providing all the necessary assistance, which has enabled Goa Shipyard to achieve new milestones in the performance.
- Who took over as the new Director General of CISF on September 26, 2016 by continuing his tenure till January 2020?
D.O P Singh
Answer – D.O P Singh
A 1983-batch officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre O P Singh took over as the new Director General of CISF on September 26, 2016.His tenure is till January 2020.
- Which company along with Adobe announced a major partnership to promote the use of each other’s cloud-computing tools among their mutual customers?
Answer – D.Microsoft
Satya Nadella, Microsoft’s chief executive, called the deal a “massive milestone,” in an appearance here with Shantanu Narayen, his Adobe counterpart. The deal linked some Adobe products to Microsoft’s customer relationship management tools.
- Union Government government decided to suspend Indus water commission talks with which country because of unlawful actions ?
Answer – B.Pakistan
The government decided to suspend Indus water commission talks with Pakistan. This decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to review the Indus Water Treaty (IWT) with Pakistan amid a heightening tension between the two countries.
- What is the changed name of Gurgaon which is approved by the Union Government at ‘Swarna Jayanti Celebrations Committee’ at Panchkulaboth?
Answer – C.Gurugram
Union governmnet approved the name change of Gurgaon. This city as well as the district of Gurgaon would be known as Gurugram, which is located in the state of Haryana. Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattarannounced this at first meeting of the ‘Swarna Jayanti Celebrations Committee’ at Panchkulaboth.
- Which Chief minister approved the inclusion of Gosai/Goswami, Yadav/Aahir and Rabari Communities in the list of Backward Classes of the state?
D.Parkash Singh Badal
Answer – D.Parkash Singh Badal
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal approved the inclusion of Gosai/Goswami, Yadav/Aahir and Rabari Communities in the list of Backward Classes of the state on the recommendations of the state Backward Classes Commission.
- How much amount of cash credit limit has approved by the RBI for purchasing paddy in poll-bound Punjab?
A.Rs. 23,000 crore
B.Rs. 22,000 crore
C.Rs. 20,000 crore
D.Rs. 26,000 crore
Answer – D.Rs. 26,000 crore
The RBI has given approval to Rs 26,000-crore cash credit limit (CCL) for purchasing paddy in poll-bound Punjab. The state government will seek approval of the Centre by sending the RBI’s approval letter for the release of funds for the purchase of paddy.
- Who became the World’s Youngest Commercial Airline Captain of easyjet by before embarked on a training programme at CTC Aviation in Southampton?
A.Helen MC George
B.Victoria MC Jones
C.Angeline MC Statham
D.Kate MC Williams
Answer – D.Kate MC Williams
She first became interested in planes after attending an air show at age four. McWilliams began flying at the age of 13 in the air cadets before embarking on a training programme at CTC Aviation in Southampton on her 19th birthday