AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 26 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Find the name of scheme has launched to carry out electrification of all households in India.
1. Matritva Vandana
2. Vaya Vandana
5. SahajAnswer – 4. Saubhagya
On 25th September 2017, Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi launched a new scheme, Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana –‘Saubhagya’, to carry out electrification of all households in India.
- Where was the 2nd India-Indonesia Biennial Trade Ministers’ Forum Meeting held ?
2. New Delhi
5. BhubaneswarAnswer – 2. New Delhi
On 25th September 2017, the 2nd India-Indonesia Biennial Trade Ministers’ Forum Meeting was held in New Delhi. Mr.Suresh Prabhu, Minister of Commerce and Industry of India, and Mr.Enggartiasto Lukita, Minister of Trade of the Republic of Indonesia participated in the meet.
- Which government has launched Vision-2025 project?
1. Andhra Pradesh
5. GujaratAnswer – 3. Karnataka
On 25th September 2017, Karnataka government launched Vision-2025 project, in Karnataka. This project aims at developing a draft policy for development of Karnataka in the next 7 years based on the opinion of the public.Executive officer of the project is Ms.Renuka Chidambaram.
- Name the Chief Minister who declared 2017 as e-pragati year.
1. Edapadi K Palaniswamy
2. K Chandrasekhar Rao
3. V. Narayanasamy
4. Pinarayi Vijayan
5. Nara Chandrababu NaiduAnswer – 5. Nara Chandrababu Naidu
On 21st September 2017, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Mr.N.Chandrababu Naidu declared 2017 as e-pragati year, at Vijayawada. Mr.N.Chandrababu Naidu declared 2017 as e-pragati year while inaugurating a training programme for government officials at Vijayawada.The e-pragati training programme is for government officials to familiarise and update new technologies.
- Which Airport becomes First in India to Provide Wheelchair Lift?
1. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
2. Kempegowda International Airport , Bengaluru
3. Indira Gandhi International Airport , New Delhi
4. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport , Hyderabad
5. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, MumbaiAnswer – 4. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport , Hyderabad
Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport became the first airport in the country to introduce a wheelchair lift or Verti-lift on 24th of Sept. 2017.The lift was installed as part of the Accessible India Campaign.The new facility has been made available to domestic arrival passengers under the GHIAL’s signature programme ‘Passenger is Prime.
- Kandla Port in Gujarat renamed as ___________ Port
5. DeenadayalAnswer – 5. Deenadayal
The Ministry of Shipping has renamed Kandla Port Trust as Deendayal Port Trust with effect from 25th of September 2017.The Ministry of Shipping issued the required notification on the closing of the yearlong centenary celebrations of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.Kandla Port, located on the Gulf of Kutch in Gujarat, is one of the twelve major ports in the country.
- Who was the president of 72nd Regular Session of UN (United Nations) General Assembly (UNGA 72) was held at UN Headquarters, in New York?
1. Peter Thomson ,Fiji
2. Miroslav Lajcak, Slovakia
3. Mogens Lykketoft , Denmark
4. Joseph Deiss , Switzerland
5. Sam Kutesa , UgandaAnswer – 2. Miroslav Lajcak, Slovakia
On 12th to 25th September 2017, the 72nd Regular Session of UN (United Nations) General Assembly (UNGA 72) was held at UN Headquarters, in New York.The President of the 72nd session of the UNGA is Mr.Miroslav Lajcak.On 19th September 2017, a general debate on the theme ‘Focusing on People: Striving for Peace and a Decent Life for All on a Sustainable Planet’ was conducted.On 23rd September 2017, External Affairs Minister of India Ms.Sushma Swaraj addressed the 72nd session of United Nations General Assembly
- Which country’s Navy was successfully test anti-ship missile from a helicopter in the northern Arabian Sea?
1. Nort h Korea
2. South Korea
5. BangladeshAnswer – 3. Pakistan
23rd September 2017, Pakistan Navy successfully test-fired an anti-ship missile from a helicopter in the northern Arabian Sea. The anti-ship missile was fired from Pakistan Navy helicopter Sea King into the open sea.The missile hit its target placed in the sea successfully. Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah monitored the missile firing demonstration.
- Where did India launch a ’Incredible India’ campaign on 24th Sept. 2017 to attract Egyptian travelers?
5. LuxorAnswer – 4. Cairo
India has launched a campaign on 24th Sept. 2017 to attract Egyptian travellers and make them aware of alluring holiday options in the country.The campaign will run on five routes in East, Middle, North, South and Giza parts of Cairo Metropolitan area.The campaign has been organised by the Embassy of India in Cairo, in coordination with the India Tourism Office in Dubai, the Cairo Governorate, and the Cairo Public Transport Authority.
- Who is a chair person of Economic Advisory Council (EAC)?
1 .V.S. Vyas
2. Saumitra Chaudhuri
3. Ratan Watal
4. Bibek Debroy
5. Pulin B. NayakAnswer – 4. Bibek Debroy
On 25th September 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi reconstituted the Economic Advisory Council (EAC) under the Chairmanship of Bibek Debroy.
Bibek Debroy is an economist and member of NITI Aayog.
ii. NITI Aayog’s Principal Advisor and former Finance Secretary Ratan Watal has been made member-secretary of EAC.
iii. Members of EAC are Economist Surjit Bhalla, National Institute of Public Finance, Policy director Rathin Roy and Professor Ashima Goyal, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research.
- Name of the bank has stated in its Asian Development Outlook 2017 update that India’s GDP growth is lowered to 7% for the financial year 2017-18.
1. ICICI Bank
2. Asian Development Bank
3. Axis Bank
4. HDFC Bank
5. State Bank of IndiaAnswer – 2. Asian Development Bank
ADB (Asian Development Bank) has stated in its Asian Development Outlook 2017 update that India’s GDP growth is lowered to 7% for the financial year 2017-18.
- Name the GST committee on exports has been constituted by the Union Finance Ministry.
1. Sushil Modi committee
2. Rita Teaotia committee
3. Etela Rajender committee
4. Hasmukh Adhia committee
5. Ashima Goyal committeeAnswer – 4. Hasmukh Adhia committee
The Union government has constituted a GST Committee on Exports headed by revenue secretary Dr Hasmukh Adhia to look into issues of export sector and to recommend suitable strategy for helping the export sector in the post-GST scenario to the GST Council.
- SEBI imposes Rs 4 lakh penalty on which entity?
1. Simplex Infrastructure Ltd
2. Afcons Infrastructure Ltd
3. IJM Infrastructure Ltd
4. Swagruha Infrastructure Ltd
5. Vishal Infrastructure LtdAnswer – 4. Swagruha Infrastructure Ltd
Markets regulator SEBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 4 lakh on Swagruha Infrastructure Ltd (SIL) for failing to make necessary disclosures for 11 continuous years announced on 25th of Sept. 2017.
- Which Oil & petroleum refinery industry from India secured third position in Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings 2017?
1. Indian Oil Corporation
2. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
3. Manglore based Natural Oil and Petrochemical limited
4. Reliance refinery limited
5. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation LimitedAnswer – 4. Reliance refinery limited
On 25th September 2017, Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings was released, with RIL,ONGC and IOC in the top rankings. IOC 7th, ONGC 11th, RIL 3rd largest energy firm. 1strank was secured by Russian gas firm Gazrpom.2ndrank was bagged by German utility E.ON.
- Who were the Indian women have features on Fortune’s list of most powerful women in business outside the US announced on 26th if Sept. 2017?
1. Arundhati Bhattacharya and Dipali Goenka
2. Nita Ambani and Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
3. Chanda Kochhar and Sikha Sharma
4. Vandana Luthra and Ambika Dhiraj
5. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw and Vandana LuthraAnswer – 3. Chanda Kochhar and Sikha Sharma
Managing Director and CEO of ICICI Bank Chanda Kochhar was ranked 5th and Managing Director and CEO of Axis Bank Sikha Sharma was ranked at 21st position. The two Indian women have features on Fortune’s list of most powerful women in business outside the US announced on 26th if Sept. 2017.
- Who has ranked eighth in the Hurun India rich list 2017?
1. Radhakishan Damani
2. Acharya Balkrishna
3. Azim Premji
4. Shiv Nadar
5. Mukesh AmbhaniAnswer – 2. Acharya Balkrishna
Acharya Balkrishna, the associate of Baba Ramdev-run FMCG company Patanjali and Radhakishan Damani of D-Mart are among the top 10 rich people in the country.Balkrishna has ranked eighth in the Hurun India rich list 2017. His position rose to 8th position from 25th last year after seeing his wealth grow by 173%.He is now worth Rs 70,000 Cr. Patanjali, with a turnover of INR 10,561 crore in 2016-2017 has been a close competition to major international brands.
- Who has been awarded for living legend award of International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS)?
1. Asoke Nath Mitra
2. Udupi Ramachandra Rao
3. Bulusu Lakshmana Deekshatulu
4. Roddam Narasimha
5. Mahtab BamjiAnswer – 5. Mahtab Bamji
A noted scientist, Mahtab Bamji has been selected for the Living Legend Award of the International Union of Nutritional Sciences ((IUNS).The award will be presented at its General Assembly to be held at the IUNS-ICN in Buenos Aires, Argentina on 18th October.
- Who has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of India’s biggest oil and gas producer, ONGC, till March 2021?
1 .Shashi Shanker
2. Rajni Kant Mishra
3. Rakesh Srivastava
4. Virendra Kumar
5. Nitin YadavAnswer – 1 .Shashi Shanker
Shashi Shanker has been appointed Chairman and Managing Director of India’s biggest oil and gas producer, ONGC, till March 2021.Shanker, who is currently Director (Technical and Field Services) at ONGC, as CMD till his superannuation, as against an initial one-year term proposed by the Oil Ministry.
- Which Municipal Corporation announced Bilal Ahmad Dar a 12 years old boy has become the brand ambassador for Swachhata Hi Seva?
5. MysoreAnswer – 3. Srinagar
Bilal Ahmad Dar a boy from Srinagar has become the brand ambassador for Swachhata Hi Seva from Srinagar Municipal Corporation announced on 25th of Sept. 2017.Dar has been contributing to the ‘Swachhta Abhiyan’ since the age of 12.
- Which Swiss Engineering Firm announced that it would buy GE’s Industrial Solutions Business of Georgia?
5. DanfossAnswer – 4. ABB
On 25th September 2017, Swiss Engineering Firm ABB announced that it would buy GE’s Industrial Solutions Business.ABB to buy GE’s Industrial Solutions:ABB would buy GE’s Industrial Solutions Business for $2.6 billion. The GE Industrial Solutions is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, and has about 13,500 employees globally
- Where was the world’s smallest squirrel discovered by scientists in Borneo rain forest?
5. IndonesiaAnswer – 5. Indonesia
On 25th September 2017, Indonesia announced that the world’s smallest squirrel was discovered by Indonesian scientists in Borneo rain forest, Indonesia.The Bormean pigmy squirrel or exilisciurus exilis was found in Meratus mountain of South Kalimantan province of Indonesia.
- Who has launched PENCIL Platform http://pencil.gov.in/ for Effective Enforcement of No Child Labour Project on 26th September 2017?
2 Nitin Jairam Gadkari
3. Suresh Prabhu
4. Rajnath Singh
5.Narendra Singh TomarAnswer – 4. Rajnath Singh
On 26th September 2017, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched the PENCIL Platform for Effective Enforcement of No Child Labour Project (NCLP), in the National Conference on Child Labour, in New Delhi.
- Which entity has announced the roll out of the 8th generation of the desktop processor family?
5. AMDAnswer – 2. Intel
Intel has announced the roll out of the 8th generation of the “Intel Core” desktop processor family which begin from 5th October. It is built for gamers and content creators for heavy duty tasks.
The new processor family introduces the first-ever 6-core “Intel Core i5” desktop processor and 4-core “Intel Core i3” desktop processor.
- Which entity has signed contract with Research Centre Imarat (RCI) for supply of Medium Range Surface-to-Air Missiles (MRSAM) to Indian Army announced on 25th Sept. 2017?
1. Infosys Technologies Ltd.
2. Bharti Tele-Ventures Limited
3. Reliance Industries Limited
4. Hindalco Industries Ltd
5. Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)Answer – 5. Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) has signed contract with Research Centre Imarat (RCI) for supply of Medium Range Surface-to-Air Missiles (MRSAM) to Indian Army announced on 25th Sept. 2017.
The contract was signed to facilitate production, deliveries and product support of MRSAM system for the Indian Army.
- Who won the Japan Open Badminton Championship 2017 in Men’s singles was held at Tokyo?
1. Viktor Axelsen
2. Marcus Fernaldi Gideon
3. Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo
4. Shi Yuqi
5. Wang YilyuAnswer – 1. Viktor Axelsen
Viktor Axelsen of Denmark won Men’s singles Japan Open Badminton Championship was held at Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium in Tokyo, Japan.Carolina Marin of Spain won Women’s singles:Marcus Fernaldi Gideon and Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo won Men’s doubles:Misaki Matsutomoto and Ayaka Takahashi won Women’s doubles
- _______________ committee has recommended that NRIs who harass or desert their wives could face cancellation of passport.
1. Radha Mohan Singh committee
2. Arvind Kumar Goel committee
3. Rita Teaotia committee
4. S K Subbulakshmi committee
5. Verendra Sena committeeAnswer – Arvind Kumar Goel committee
The high-level committee headed by retired judge Arvind Kumar Goel has recommended that Non-resident Indians (NRIs) who harass or desert their wives could face impoundment or cancellation of their passport. The panel has also recommended that cases of domestic violence be included in the scope of extradition treaties that India inks with other countries.