Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- World Environmental Health Day is being observed annually on which day to disseminate knowledge about environmental health?
D.September 28thAnswer – B.September 26th
World Environmental Health Day is observed every year on September 26 across the world, which was inaugurated in 2011 in Indonesia. It was launched by the IFEH Council (International Federation of Environmental Health).
- Eminent Golfer has passed away at the age of 87 in Pittsburgh according to the United States Golf Association?
D.Jack DavidAnswer – C.Arnold Palmer
Arnold Palmer, one of the greatest golfers ever to pick up a club and the object of a massive fan base that called itself “Arnie’s Army” as he recorded seven major victories, died Sunday at 87 in Pittsburgh, according to the United States Golf Association.
- Under whose captainship India made a historic win against New Zealand in the 500th Test match at Green Park, Kanpur?
A.Mahindra Singh Dhoni
D.Virat KohliAnswer – D.Virat Kohli
India made a historic win in the 500th test match against New Zealand at Green Park, Kanpur to take a 1-0 lead in the 3-match series. India’s match against New Zealand was be the country’s 500th, a feat achieved only by England,
Australia and the West Indies.
- Union Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs Vijay Goel unveiled BRICS football tournament logo at which state?
D.GoaAnswer – D.Goa
Union Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs Vijay Goel unveiled BRICS football tournament logo at the Bambolim Stadium, Goa on September 26, 2016. The first BRICS Under-17 football tournament will be begin in Goa on October 5, 2016
- Scientists and Wildlife conservationists reported that which animal became extinct by the National Waterways project?
B.Gangetic River Dolphins
D.Fresh water algaeAnswer – B.Gangetic River Dolphins
Scientists and wildlife conservationists were seeing red over the threat posed to Gangetic river dolphins by the National Waterways project. The animal was protected under Schedule I of the Indian Wildlife Protection Act, 1972 and was a declared endangered species
- Name the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle carrying three satellites from India, three from Algeria and one each from Canada and the US from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh?
D.C36Answer – C.C35
The PSLV C35 Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, carrying three satellites from India, three from Algeria, and one each from Canada and the US, lifted off from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh and the launch was “100 per cent successful”.
- Who has been selected as the new president of the United Planters’ Association of Southern India’s (UPASI’s) for the tenure 2016-17?
D.Manju KumarAnswer – C.Vinod Sivappa
The United Planters’ Association of Southern India’s (UPASI’s) members elected Vinod Sivappa as the new president of the association for 2016-17. He would succeed N Dharmaraj.
- The pharmaceutical company Sun Pharma has signed a deal with the Delhi unit of the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) to develop vaccine for which disease?
D.PolioAnswer – A.Dengue
The pharmaceutical company Sun Pharma has signed a deal with the Delhi unit of the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) to develop a dengue vaccine. It would be the first vaccine developed entirely in India for a vector-borne disease.
- Which Mutual Fund was appointed by the government to manage the second CPSE Exchange traded fund comprising stocks of PSUs in the current fiscal with an estimated corpus of Rs. 6,000 crore?
D.ICICIAnswer – D.ICICI
ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund was appointed by the government to manage the second CPSE exchange traded fund (ETF) comprising stocks of PSUs in the current fiscal with an estimated corpus of Rs.6,000 crore. The appointment criteria and evaluation process comprises both technical and financial parameters. The competitors were Reliance, HDFC SBI, UTI, Kotak and Birla Sunlife.
- Which country for the first time deployed a robot to maintain security at one of its busiest airports?
D.ChinaAnswer – D.China
China for the first time had deployed a robot to maintain security at one of its busiest airports in Guangdong Province The Anbot, a security robot hired for its first job at the Shenzhen airport where it was making round-the-clock patrols through the departure hallin Terminal 3, state-run.
- Which research organization has kicked off the platinum jubilee celebration to push the institution to work more vigorously for bringing the result of its research?
D.DRDOAnswer – C.CSIR
Prime Minister kicked off the platinum jubilee celebration of India’s largest civilian research and development agency Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, CSIR with an aim to push the institution to work more vigorously for bringing the result of its research, new technology and discoveries from lab to people and industries.
- The Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister inaugurated the four day Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Krishi Unnati Mela – 2016 in which state?
D.Uttar PradeshAnswer – D.Uttar Pradesh
The Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh inaugurated the four day Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Krishi Unnati Mela – 2016, in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated six major Railway projects in which state?
D.GoaAnswer – C.Kerala
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated six major Railway projects in Kerala including the dedication of the newly-built 9.6-km long Tiruvalla-Chengannur double line which would ease the heavy rail traffic congestion in the Ernakulam-Kottayam-Kayamkulam section.
- Which state has become 22nd state to ratify the Constitutional Amendment Bill on Goods and Services Tax on 26th September 2016?
D.NagalandAnswer – C.Tripura
Manik Sarkar lead Tripura become 22nd state to ratifies the Constitutional Amendment Bill on Goods and Services Tax (GST) on September 26, 2016. State Finance Minister Bhanulal Saha moved a resolution to ratify the Constitution (122 Amendment) Bill, 2014 which was passed without any opposition.
- Which city hosted the Second meeting of High Level Group of Eminent Experts from South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) countries held on September 22-23, 2016?
D.New DelhiAnswer – D.New Delhi
The Second meeting of High Level Group of Eminent Experts from South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) countries held on September 22-23, 2016 in New Delhi. Aim: To strengthen the SAARC Anti-Terror Mechanism. The first meeting was held in New Delhi in February, 2012.