Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- World Pharmacists Day is being celebrated by FIP Council on which date annually to promote and advocate for the role of the Pharmacist?
Answer – B.September 25th
FIP Council in Istanbul marks the annual World Pharmacists Day on September 25, 2016. This day to encourages the world’s pharmacists to use this day to organise activities that promote and advocate for the role of the pharmacist in improving health in every corner of the world.
- Sania Mirza partnered with which player won Women’s Double title in Toray Pan Pacific event 2016 in Tokyo, Japan?
Answer – A.Barbora Strycova
The Pan Pacific Open currently sponsored by Toray Industries, is an outdoor hard court tennis tournament held annually in Tokyo, Japan. It is a WTA Premier Tournament on the WTA Tour. India’s Sania Mirza partner with Czech partner Barbora Strycova won Women’s double title in Toray Pan Pacific event by defeating Chinese pair of Chen Liang and Zhaoxuan Yang.
- Which Indian Golfer clinched the 13th Leg of the Women’s Professional Golf Tour on the final day at the Jaypee Greens?
Answer – C.Vani Kapoor
Indian golfer Vani Kapoor clinched the 13th leg of the womens Professional Golf Tour after scoring another 1 under 71 on the final day at the Jaypee Greens. This is Vani’s sixth title in nine appearances this season. Gursimar Badwal finished runner-up with a total score of 222, followed by Saaniya Sharma in third place.
- Which State researcher discovered a New Pika Species in Himalayan based on genetic data and skull measurements in the state?
Answer – D.Sikkim
Sikkim Daughter Makes a Scientific Breakthrough – Nishma Dahal Discovers a New Pika Species in Himalayan. A new
study based on genetic data and skull measurements had identified a new species of mammal high up in the Sikkim Himalaya.
- Scientists have confirmed the origin of which rays from a huge bubble of hot ionized gas enveloping our solar system?
B.Infra Red Rays
Answer – C.X Rays
Scientists have confirmed that some of the X-ray emissions in our universe originate from a huge bubble of hot ionised gas enveloping our solar system, a finding that strengthens our understanding of the solar neighbourhood’s early history.
- Which country commissioned the world’s largest radio telescope to search for stranger object in the extraterrestrial life?
Answer – D.China
China commissioned the world’s largest radio telescope which can search for stranger object, help in better understanding the origin of the universe and boost global hunt for extraterrestrial life. Featuring a reflector the size of 30 football pitches, it took 5 years and $180 million to construct. Called the Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Telescope’s (FAST).
- Sanjiv Singh has been appointed as the new Chairman of which Limited by Public Enterprise Selection Board?
A.Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
B.Indian Oil Corporation Limited
C.Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
D.Bharat Electronics Limited
Answer – B.Indian Oil Corporation Limited
Public Enterprise Selection Board (PESB) selected Sanjiv Singh as the new Chairman of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, the nation’s largest company. Mr. Sanjiv Singh has been Director of Refineries at Indian Oil Corporation Limited since July 1, 2014.
- Who has been appointed as the Additional Secretary in the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet?
Answer – A.Arun Goyal
Former IAS officer Arun Goyal was appointed as Additional Secretary in the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet. He is presently working as Additional Secretary, Project Monitoring Group, Cabinet Secretariat.
- Which government would have its own bravery awards would be given out on Independence Day and Republic Day every year?
Answer – C.Delhi
The Delhi government would now have its own bravery awards and these awards would be given out on Independence Day and Republic Day every year. Every year, the Centre gives National Bravery Awards to 25 children from across India for their meritorious acts of bravery against all odds.
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 10 lakh and another penalty of Rs 5 lakh has been imposed on which life insurance?
A.Aviva Life Insurance
B.SBI Life Insurance
C.Reliance Life Insurance
D.HDFC Life Insurance
Answer – B.SBI Life Insurance
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 10 lakh and another penalty of Rs 5 lakh has been imposed on SBI Life Insurance. Reason for Penalty: For violations of various norms, including guidelines on accepting business from a corporate agent after the expiry of licence. It had done 621 policies after expiry of licence
- Which state police recovered two bombs of the World’ War II era from PR Hill Colony?
Answer – A.Nagaland
Kohima police recovered two bombs of the World War II era from PR Hill Colony. The bombs of the World War II era that lasted from 1939 to 1945. The bombs were found from an ongoing construction site by the laborers after which the police were informed. The Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad reached the spot and the bombs were safely removed.
- Tea Board of India and The United Planters Association of Southern India (Upasi) were jointly conducted the India international Tea convention at which place?
Answer – A.Ooty
Tea Board of India and The United Planters Association of Southern India (Upasi) were jointly conducted the India international Tea convention at Ooty in Nilgiris. The convention is aimed at reinforcing the salient and unique features of Indian teas to the tea fraternity across the world. The theme for the convention is ‘Let’s ‘Team up for Sustainability’.
- Which city has been proposed site for International Airport by Airports Authority of India?
Answer – A.Pune
Airports Authority of India (AAI) has given its approval to a proposed site for the Pune International Airport at Purandar in Pune announced by Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis.
- Name the joint military training exercised of the Indian and US Armies was held at Chaubattia in Uttarakhand?
Answer – C.Yudh Abhyas
The joint military training exercise of the Indian and US Armies Yudh Abhyas 2016 was held at Chaubattia in Uttarakhand. This is the 12th edition of the exercise hosted alternately by both countries.
- India ranked which position in a list of 188 countries as per country’s achievement on a range of health indicators?
Answer – C.143
A new index developed to assess each country’s achievement on a range of health indicators ranks India at 143 in a list of 188 countries. This first global analysis to assess countries on sustainable development goal (SDG) health performance was launched at a special event at the UN General Assembly. Top three countries are Iceland, Singapore, and Sweden.
- Russia partnered with which country to conduct their first ever joint military exercise called Friendship 2016?
Answer – D.Pakistan
The two Cold War enemies Russia and Pakistan joined together for their first-ever joint military exercise called ‘Friendship 2016’. Aim: To strengthening and developing military cooperation with Pakistan
- Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction to be held in November, which is hosted by which country ?
Answer – A.India
Prime Minister Modi declared that India will host the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in November at the 4th ASEAN-India Summit and the 11th East Asia Summit held in Vientiane, Laos.