AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 24 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs September 2018
- Current Affairs August 2018
- Current Affairs July 2018
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Where did President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurate the centenary celebrations of the Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, on 24th September 2018?
1) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) New Delhi
On September 24, 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the centenary celebrations of the Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha in New Delhi. This emphasized India’s diversity and multiculturalism. Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha is an organization whose main goal is to improve Hindi literacy among the non-Hindi speaking people of South India.
- Which state has topped the “Ease of Living Index” rankings launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) on 24th September 2018?
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Andhra Pradesh
On September 24, 2018, the “Ease of Living Index” rankings were launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) at the National Dissemination Workshop on Ease of Living Index, 2018 in New Delhi. Andhra Pradesh has topped the charts followed by Odisha and Madhya Pradesh. The first round of Ease of Living covered 111 cities. Gurugram was subsequently included in the assessment. Four cities of West Bengal – Howrah, New Town Kolkata, Kolkata and Durgapur did not participate in the competition. Naya Raipur of Chhattisgarh and Amravati of Andhra Pradesh did not fulfill the parameters as they are green-field cities.
- Name Sikkim’s first airport and India’s 100th operational airport that was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 24, 2018?
1) Pelling Airport
2) Pakyong Airport
3) Yuksom Airport
4) Gyalshing Airport
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pakyong Airport
On September 24, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Sikkim and was received by Governor Ganga Prasad, Chief Minister Pawan Chamling. He inaugurated Sikkim’s first airport and nation’s 100th operational airport: Pakyong Airport in Sikkim. This was constructed at an estimated cost of Rs. 605 crore under UDAN scheme. It will provide regional connectivity and would initially only cater to domestic flights, the first of which would begin from October 4, 2018. This will also provide international flight services connecting Sikkim with other countries like Paro in Bhutan, Kathmandu in Nepal and Dhaka in Bangladesh.
- Which Indian airport has become the 16th busiest airport in the world according to ‘The Annual World Airport Traffic Report 2018’ by Airport Council International (ACI)?
1) Indira Gandhi International Airport
2) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
3) Kempegowda International Airport
4) Chennai International Airport
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Indira Gandhi International Airport
On September 20, 2018, according to ‘The Annual World Airport Traffic Report 2018’ by Airport Council International (ACI), Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) is the 16th busiest in the world. It jumped 6 places from 22nd position in 2016. In 2017, IGI has handled 63.4 million passengers accounting for 14 per cent more passengers than in 2016. The first place was held by Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson in the US handling 103.9 million passengers in 2017, followed by Beijing with 95.8 million passengers. The other 3 consisting of the top 5 are: Dubai International Airport handling 88.2 million passengers at third position. Tokyo and Los Angeles dealing with 85.4 million and 84.5 million passengers stood at 4th and 5th place.
- According to a new report by TransUnion Cibil, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and which other state make up for nearly 40 per cent of all retail loans in India?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Karnataka
On September 24, 2018, according to a new report by TransUnion Cibil, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka make up for nearly 40 per cent of all retail loans in the country. The increase in retail balances were due to economic development and urbanization. The 3 states of Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka represent about 20% of the population of the country and 32 per cent of the credit active population. Overall, the 10 largest Indian states represented Rs 21.27 lakh crore in balances, which comprised almost 76 per cent of the total balance share.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has shortlisted how many IT firms for implementation of a centralised information and management system (CIMS) for data collection?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 5
On September 23, 2018, Reserve Bank shortlisted five IT firms for implementation of a centralised information and management system (CIMS) for data collection. The 5 IT firms are: Infosys, TCS, Capgemini, IBM, Larsen & Turbo Infotech. The CIMS would consist of:
• Seamless data collection,
• System driven data validation and data review,
• Data safekeeping and storage,
• Providing data dissemination platform
• Overhauling the Data Warehouse (DW) of RBI and
• Centralised analytics platform to facilitate creation of RBI Data Sciences Lab.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has inked a pact with which bank and NTT Communications to roll out 5G and internet of things technology in India?
1) State Bank of India (SBI)
2) ICICI Bank
3) Axis Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Softbank
On September 24, 2018, BSNL has inked a pact with Japan’s Softbank and NTT Communications to roll out 5G and internet of things technology in India. Under this, BSNL and Softbank will work on satellite constellation which will have around 900 satellites to provide high speed internet services. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has recommended auction of about 8,644 MHz of telecom frequencies at an estimated base price of Rs 4.9 lakh crore.
- Who was elected the new President of Maldives, on 24th September 2018?
1) Abdulla Yameen
2) Hashim Mohammed
3) Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
4) Rasheed Al Hamidi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
On 24th September 2018, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih was elected the new President of Maldives. Ibrahim Mohamed Solih will be 6th President of Maldives. He replaces Abdulla Yameen. Ibrahim Mohamed Solih is 56 years old. He belongs to the Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP). He is one of the founding members of MDP. He has been representing Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldivian Parliament since 1994. In 2011, he became the leader of MDP’s parliamentary group.
- Who was appointed as next Ambassador of India to Republic of Guatemala, on 20th September 2018?
1) Manjit Kaur
2) B. S. Mubarak
3) Rajeev Babu Kurup
4) Sameer Khan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) B. S. Mubarak
On September 20, 2018, B. S. Mubarak was appointed as next Ambassador of India to Republic of Guatemala. Presently he is the Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs. He would be replacing Mr. Rajeev Babu Kurup who has been the ambassador of India to Guatemala since 2015.
- Name the two-layer Ballistic Missile Defence system that was successfully test fired from Abdul Kalam Island of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Odisha, on 23rd September 2018?
1) Vikram Defence Vehicle
2) Prithvi Defence Vehicle
3) Agni Defence Vehicle
4) Rishi Defence Vehicle
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Prithvi Defence Vehicle
On September 23, 2018, a two-layer Ballistic Missile Defence system, Prithvi Defence Vehicle was successfully test fired from Abdul Kalam Island of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) off the coast of Odisha. The Prithvi Defence Vehicle (PDV) would engage in targets in the exo-atmosphere region, above 50 kilometres of the earth’s atmosphere. Both the PDV interceptor and the target missile were successfully engaged with the help of radar-based detection and tracking system. It was guided by high-accuracy Inertial Navigation System (INS) supported by a Redundant Micro Navigation System.
- Which Indian wrestler won silver medal in Men’s Free Style 57 kg event at the Junior World Wrestling Championship held in Trnava, Slovakia, from 17 to 23 September 2018?
1) Naveen Sihag
2) Deepak Punia
3) Sajan S
4) Vijay Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Naveen Sihag
From 17 to 23 September 2018, Junior World Wrestling Championship was held in Trnava, Slovakia. India won 7 medals: 4 silver and 3 bronze in the Junior World Wrestling Championship.Indian medal winners:
Sl. No Medal Name Category 1 Silver Naveen Sihag Men’s Free Style 57 kg 2 Silver Deepak Punia Men’s Free Style 86 Kg 3 Silver Vijay Men’s Greco Roman 60 Kg 4 Silver Sajan Men’s Greco Roman 77 Kg 5 Bronze Vijay Men’s Greco Roman 55 Kg 6 Bronze Mansi Women’s Wrestling 57Kg 7 Bronze Anshu Women’s Wrestling 59kg
- Who won the women’s singles title at the China Open 2018 (Badminton) held in Changzhou, Jiangsu, China from 18th to 23rd September 2018?
1) Chen Yufei
2) Carolina Marín
3) Misaki Matsutomo
4) Ayaka Takahashi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Carolina Marín
From 18th to 23rd September 2018, China Open 2018 officially named Victor China Open 2018 was held in
Event Winner Runner-up Men’s Singles Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (Indonesia) Kento Momota (Japan) Women’s Singles Carolina Marín (Spain) Chen Yufei (China) Men’s Doubles Kim Astrup, Anders Skaarup Rasmussen (Denmark) Han Chengkai, Zhou Haodong (China) Women’s Doubles Misaki Matsutomo, Ayaka Takahashi (Japan) Mayu Matsumoto, Wakana Nagahara (Japan) Mixed Doubles Zheng Siwei, Huang Yaqiong (China) Zhang Nan, Li Yinhui (China)
- Which country topped the 5th Track Asia Cup (cycling) 2018 that was held at the Indira Gandhi Velodrome in New Delhi, on 21-23 September 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) India
On 21-23 September 2018, the 5th Track Asia Cup (cycling) 2018 was held at the Indira Gandhi Velodrome in New Delhi. Track Asia Cup (cycling) 2018 event was organized by Cycling Federation of India (CFI). 12 countries participated in the event. India topped the medal tally with 6 gold, 5 silver and 2 bronze medals. It was followed by Indonesia in 2nd place with 4 gold, 3 silver and 1 bronze and Hong Kong in third spot with 4 gold and 2 bronze medals.
- Women’s Ballon d’Or (football) will be awarded for the first time in 2018. Which entity presents the Ballon d’Or award?
1) FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association)
2) France Football
3) World Football Federation (WFF)
4) International Football Association (IFA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) France Football
On 24th September 2018, France Football magazine announced that, a women’s Ballon d’Or will be awarded for the first time in 2018. Ballon d’Or is awarded annually by France Football for men since 1956. This is the first time it has been introduced for women. The awards will be presented on 8 December 2018 in Paris, France.
- Shantaram Potdukhe passed away following a short term illness, in Maharashtra, on 23rd September 2018. What was his profession?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Politician
On 23rd September 2018, former Union Minister and Congress leader Shantaram Potdukhe passed away following a short term illness, in Maharashtra. Shantaram Potdukhe was 86 years old. He was a four-time MP (Member of Parliament) from Chandrapur in eastern Maharashtra. He was a Union minister of state for finance. He had played a major role in development of educational institutes in Chandrapur and Gadchiroli districts of Maharashtra.
- Biswanath Dutt died in Kolkata, on 24th September 2018. He was a former president of which of the following organisations?
1) Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
2) Indian Medical Association (IMA)
3) Film Technology Institute of India (FTII)
4) Indian Bankers Association (IBA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
On 24th September 2018, former BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) president Biswanath Dutt died following an acute lung infection, at his home in Kolkata. Biswanath Dutt was 92 years old. He was the president of BCCI from 1988 to 1990. He was also president of the Cricket Association of Bengal from 1986 to 1991. He also served as president of the Indian Football Association.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Governor of Sikkim?Ganga Prasad
- Who is the CEO of Ayushman Bharat Yojana?Indu Bhushan
- Where is Sandi Bird Sanctuary located?Uttar Pradesh
- Who is the Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)?Anupam Shrivastava
- What is the currency and capital of Maldives?Capital – Male; Currency – Maldivian rufiyaa