Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In which place, the three day International Seafood Show held to discuss the challenges and strategies for the Indian fishing industry which is on the road to achieving USD 10 billion exports?
D.VisakhapatnamAnswer – D.Visakhapatnam
Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Nirmala Sitaraman inaugurated the show in the presence of Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on September 23, 2016.
- In which place, the third Northeast Connectivity Summit held to discuss connectivity of the landlocked Northeast region?
D.Disputr, AssamAnswer – A.Agartala, Tripura
The third Northeast Connectivity Summit held at the Pragya Bhavan at Agartala, Tripura to discuss connectivity of the landlocked Northeast region that is surrounded by several foreign nations.
- Which state government recently rejected its all notifications regarding 10 percent quota for EBC Economically Backward Classes?
D.MaharashtraAnswer – C.Gujarat
The Gujarat High Court rejected the government’s notification granting 10 percent quota for EBCs (economically backward classes) in educational institutions. The Anandiben Patel government had approved the reservation to placate the Patidar community.
- Which zone started by the Tamilnadu Chief Minister Jayalalitha in 50 places across Tamilnadu on September 23, 2016?
A.Amma Free Ice cream
B.Amma Free Water
C.Amma Free Coffee
D.Amma Free Wi-FiAnswer – D.Amma Free Wi-Fi
Jayalalitha lead government issued orders to set up ‘Amma Free Wi-Fi’ zones in 50 places across the Tamil Nadu on September 23, 2016.
- In which city, the 6th BRICS Agriculture Meeting on Agriculture and Agrarian Development would be held?
D.ImphalAnswer – C.New Delhi
India hosted the sixth BRICS meeting on Agriculture and Agrarian Development and deliberate on priority areas of cooperation between the five countries of the bloc. The two-day conference started with an official-level meeting to be followed by ministerial meeting the next day.
- The chairman of Film Certification Appellate Tribunal (FCAT), Justice (retd) has passed away recently. Who is he?
A.S K Madhusudhan
B.S K Mahalingam
C.S K Maharajan
D.S K MahajanAnswer – D.S K Mahajan
He was the Former Delhi High Court judge. He was cremated at the at Lodhi road crematorium where many legal luminaries including judges and dignitaries including Minister of State of Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Rathore were present.
- Which is the India’s think tank had devised a short-term and medium-to-long term action plan to help India achieve 50 medals in 2024 summer Olympics?
A.Paralympic Committee of India
C.Indian Olympic Association
D.Ministry of Youth Affairs and SportsAnswer – B.NITI Aayog
Government’s think-tank Niti Aayog had devised to invent a plan, system, object, etc., using your intelligence or imagination,a short-term and medium-to-long term action plan to help India achieve 50 medals in 2024 summer Olympics.
- Which Indian Squash player won the U-19 Asian Junior Individual squash championship title in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on September 24, 2016?
D.Velavan SenthilkumarAnswer – D.Velavan Senthilkumar
India’s Squash player Velavan Senthilkumar defeat Jordan’s Mohammad Al-Sarraj to won the U-19 Asian Junior Individual squash championship title in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on September 24, 2016
- Which online marketing giant planned to launch the world’s first e-commerce satellite next year for the purpose of agricultural activities?
D.FlipkartAnswer – A.Alibaba
China’s online marketing giant Alibaba planned to launch the world’s first e-commerce satellite next year to provide people with the best vegetables after analyzing agricultural cultivation and harvesting data.
- What is the name of combat aircraft has successfully fired recently acquired long range air to air MICA missile by The Indian Air Force?
D.Mirage-2000Answer – D.Mirage-2000
The Indian Air Force had successfully fired recently acquired long range air-to-air MICA missile on a maneuvering target from Mirage-2000 Upgrade combat aircraft.
- Which company has bought Hyderabad-based machine learning and big data start-up Tuplejump?
D.HuaweiAnswer – A.Apple
Tuplejump specialises in faster storage, processing and analysis of big sets of data. This is the Apple’s first acquisition in India and fourth machine learning acquisition in a year. The tech giant is also in talks to buy the super car company M cLaren.
- Who has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Djibouti?
D.Baskar SriniAnswer – B.Anurag Srivastava
Anurag Srivastava 1999-batch IFS officer, presently Ambassador of India to the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Djibouti.
- Which leading newspaper has been awarded the Silver and Bronze awards in the ‘Best Reader Engagement’ category of the South Asian Digital Media Awards at the WAN-IFRA India 2016 conference in Kolkata?
A.Times of India
B.The Indian Express
D.Malayala ManoramaAnswer – C.Hindu
The leading newspaper ‘The Hindu‘ has been awarded the Silver and Bronze awards in the ‘Best Reader Engagement’ category of the South Asian Digital Media Awards at the WAN-IFRA (World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers) India 2016 conference in Kolkata.
- India along with which country has signed an agreement of about 7.87 billion euros for Rafale fighter jets?
D.AfghanistanAnswer – B.France
India and France signed the €7.87 billion deal for Rafale fighter jets, equipped with latest missiles and weapon system besides multiple India-specific modifications that will give the IAF cutting edge capability over arch rival Pakistan.
- Which Mobile payments and loans start-up is in association with ICICI Bank is the first fintech start-up to launch Unified Payment Interface (UPI)?
D.fullcashAnswer – A.ftcash
Mobile payments and loans start-up ftcash in association with ICICI Bank is the first fintech start-up to launch Unified Payment Interface (UPI) to provide flexibility to our 5,000-plus merchants to accept electronic payments at a lower cost and better convenience.
- Swachh helpline _____________ launched by PM Narendra Modi
D.1987Answer – A.1969
The Prime Minister also launched a toll-free ‘Swachh’ helpline 1969 for the people to know about the progress of the cleanliness drive.