AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 23 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Where did Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi visit in Uttar Pradesh and inaugurated 17 projects On 22nd and 23rd September 2017?
5. VaranasiAnswer – 5. Varanasi
On 22nd and 23rd September 2017, Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi visited Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh and inaugurated 17 projects. He digitally laid foundation stones for 6 more projects.
- Where the Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief exercise “Pralay Sahayam” held?
5. FaridabadAnswer – 4. Secunderabad
On 23rd September 2017, ‘Pralay Sahayam’, a Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise was held in Secunderabad. On 22nd September 2017, as a part of ‘Pralay Sahayam’ a seminar on “Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief” was conducted at College of Defence Management in Secunderabad Cantonment.
- Which country’s Deakin University has signed MoU with the National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC) for skills ecosystem?
1. United Kingdom
3. United states
5. CanadaAnswer – 4. Australia
On 22nd September 2017, Deakin University of Australia said that it has signed a MoU with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) for projects in skills ecosystem. Deakin University would be a knowledge partner for NSDC in impact assessment & monitoring and evaluating framework for skill development projects.
- Name the state cabinet approved setting up of Handlooms and Handicrafts Development and Promotion Council on 21st September 2017.
1. Andhra Pradesh
3. Tamil Nadu
5. GujaratAnswer – 2. Odisha
On 21st September 2017, the state cabinet of Odisha approved the establishment of Handlooms and Handicrafts Development and Promotion Council, in Bhubaneswar. This council would function under the Handlooms, Textiles and Handicrafts Department.
- DGCA grants Aerodrome License to which Airport?
5. ShirdiAnswer – 5. Shirdi
On 21st September 2017, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) issued aerodrome licence to Shirdi Airport, in Shirdi, Maharashtra. DGCA has issued license to Shirdi Airport for day operations.
- Railways cuts down sleeping hours for passengers by ________
1. half an hour
2. one hour
3. 45 minutes
4. 15 minutes
5. One and half an hourAnswer – 2.one hour
On 17th September 2017, the Railway Board issued a circular that states that passengers can only sleep between 10 pm and 6 am, cutting down sleeping time by 1 hour. The circular exempts passengers who are sick, physically challenged and pregnant.
- What were the states have launched ‘Zero Hunger’ Programme in India on World Food Day on 16th October 2017?
1. Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Goa
2. Uttar Pradesh, Odisha and Maharashtra
3. Gujarat , Punjab and Bihar
4. West Bengal , Karnataka and Kerala
5. Tamil Nadu , Maharashtra and GoaAnswer – 2. Uttar Pradesh, Odisha and Maharashtra
‘Zero Hunger’ programme will be launched in Gorakhpur of Uttar Pradesh, Koraput of Odisha and Thane of Maharashtra on World Food Day, 16th October 2017.These three districts would act as a role model for other districts to achieve Zero hunger goal.
- Who was inaugurated Second State Start Up Conference in New Delhi?
1. Mr.Suresh Prabhu
2. Mr.Ramvilas Paswan
4. Mr.Dharmendra Pradhan
5. Mr. Ravi Shankar PrasadAnswer – 3. Mr.C.R.Choudhary
On 12th September 2017, The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion organised the Second State Startup Conference in New Delhi. The conference was inaugurated by the Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Mr.C.R.Choudhary.
- Who has become Asia’s richest man revealed on September 21st , 2017?
1. Mukesh Ambani
2. Jack Ma
3. Ma Huateng
4. Hui Ka Yan
5. Yang HuiyanAnswer – 4. Hui Ka Yan
According to the Forbes Real-Time Billionaires List, Hui Ka Yan, the chairman of Chinese real estate giant Evergrande Group, has become Asia’s richest man, with a net worth of $41.1 billion.
- Which entity has appointed five lead managers for its Initial Public Offering(IPO)?
1. Goldman Sachs Group
2. JPMorgan Chase
3. Axis Bank
4. Kotak Mahindra Bank
5. Bandhan BankAnswer – 5. Bandhan Bank
Bandhan Bank’s Board has decided to appoint Goldman Sachs Group, JPMorgan Chase, Axis Bank, JM Financial and Kotak Mahindra Bankas lead managers to manage its proposed initial public offering (IPO).
- Who is the Senior advocate and former union minister announced his retirement from legal practice at the age of 94?
2. Ram Jethmalani
3. KK Venugopal
4. Kapil Sibal
5. Fali NarimanAnswer – 2. Ram Jethmalani
Senior advocate and former union minister Ram Jethmalani announced his retirement from legal practiceat the age of 94.
- Which of the following has received its official go-ahead to host the 2028 Olympics from the International Olympic Committee’s evaluation commission?
4. Los Angels
5. LondonAnswer – 4. Los Angels
Los Angeles has received its official go-ahead to host the 2028 Olympics from the International Olympic Committee’s evaluation commission. IOC will award the 2024 Games to Paris and the 2028 Games to Los Angeles.
- Who has become the first Indian spinner to take a hat-trick in ODI cricket during the second match of the ongoing series against Australia at Eden Gardens, Kolkata on 22nd Sept. 2017?
1. Ravichandran Ashwin
2. Ravindra Jadeja
3. Kuldeep Yadav
4. Pragyan Ojha
5. Shadab JakatiAnswer – 3. Kuldeep Yadav
Chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav has become the first Indian spinner to take a hat-trick in ODI cricket during the second match of the ongoing series against Australia at Eden Gardens, Kolkata on 22nd Sept. 2017.He became only the third Indian after Kapil Dev (1991) and Chetan Sharma (1987) to take a hat-trick in an ODI.
- PV Sindhu becomes world number________ in latest rankings.
5. 6Answer – 1. 2
Indian professional badminton player, Rio Olympic silver medalist PUSARLA V. Sindhu has jumped two places to the second spot in the BWF (Badminton World Federation) women’s singles ranking.
TAI Tzu Ying of Taiwan ranks first in BWF women’s singles.This is the second time that Sindhu is world number two after being at the position for a week in April 2017.
- Which USA boxing legend had passed away due to complications from pneumonia on 19th of Sept. 2017?
1. George Foreman
2. Roberto Duran
3. Rocky Marciano
4. Jack Dempsey
5. LaMottaAnswer – 5. LaMotta
LaMotta had passed away due to complications from pneumonia on 19th of Sept. 2017. He was 95. He was from U.S.A. The boxing legend’s life story was told in the movie Raging Bull where he was played by Robert De Niro who paid tribute to him, saying ‘Rest in peace, champ’.
- Name the Babuji Dheere Chalna’ Indian actress passes away aged 82 on 20th September 2017.
1. Sharmila Tagore
2. Rakhee Gulzar
3. Meena Kumari
5. MumtazAnswer – 4. Shakila
Shakila died of cardiac arrest on 20th September at the age of 82. She was born as Badshah Begum on 1stJanuary 1935.Shakila has acted in films such as Guru Dutt’ s Aar Paar (1956) and CID (1956).
She was also known for featuring in songs such as Baar Baar Dekho, with Shammi Kapoor, and Ae Mere Dil Hai Nadaan.