Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- What is the name of the book written by Vice President Shri Mohd Hamid Ansari released by President Pranab Mukherjee at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on September 23, 2016?
A.Culture and Unity
B.Indian and Society
C.Family and Society
D.Citizen and SocietyAnswer – D.Citizen and Society
This is collection of lectures on diverse themes such as polity, security and empowerment. Mohammad Hamid is the only person to get re-elected for the post of Vice President of India after Dr. Radhakrishnan.
- How many Guinness World Records were created at Samajik Adhikarita Shivir and Scheme of Assistance to Disabled Persons for Purchase/Fittings of Aids/Appliances (ADIP) Camp in Navsari, Gujarat?
D.5Answer – C.3
The three records are listed are “Highest number of Oil lamps lit simultaneously at single location” was set on the eve of the Mega camp. ‘Bigges Wheelchair Logo’ was also broken on 17th September, 2016 in Navsari, Gujarat. ‘Most people fitted with Hearing Aid in 8 hours – Single location (600 Hearing Aid) was also set on the same day.
- In which place, the First International Sikh Conclave started for the commemorative of 350th birth anniversary celebration of Guru Gobind Singh?
D.Patna, BiharAnswer – D.Patna, Bihar
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announced that the state government was organised this conclave ahead of the 350th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Gobind Singh, the 10th Sikh guru, in Patna Sahib.
- Which Hindi and Urdu writer passed away in New Delhi and penned memorable television serial like The Great Maratha?
C.Reoti Saran Sharma
D.Abhijit GuptaAnswer – C.Reoti Saran Sharma
He was a Pioneer in radio plays in All India Radio . It broadcast more than 150 radio plays written by him, some of which were translated into regional languages.
- BIRAC (Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council) is a non-profit Public Sector Enterprise under the aegis of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India organized the _______________ in New Delhi.
A.5th Innovators Meet
B.6th Innovators Meet
C.7th Social Meet
D.8th Social MeetAnswer – A.5th Innovators Meet
The theme of the meet would be ‘Biotech Innovation Ecosystem – Strategizing the Next Leap’. The event was attended by Chief Guest Hon’ble Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhanand Guest of Honour, Hon’ble Minister of State (MoS), Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Shri YS Chowdary.
- Which mission is launched by Health Minister JP Nadda in 145 High Focus districts for improved family planning services?
A.Mission Bharat Vikas
B.Mission Samaj Vikas
C.Mission Bachche Diwas
D.Mission Parivar VikasAnswer – D.Mission Parivar Vikas
Shri J P Nadda, Minister of Health and Family Welfare going to launch “Mission Parivar Vikas” in 145 districts for intensive and improved family planning services.
- In which place, The incredible India Tourism Investors Summit 2016 was held?
D.MumbaiAnswer – B.New Delhi
The three-day Investment Summit (IITIS) 2016 is an initiative of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India in association with Tourism Finance Corporation of India (TFCI) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- The India, the US along with which country have reaffirmed their shared interests in combating terrorism and advancing peace and security in the region?
D.AfghanistanAnswer – D.Afghanistan
Indian Ambassador to Afghanistan Manpreet Vohra, Afghan Deputy Foreign Minister Hekmat Karzai and US Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Richard Olson participated in the 71st UN General Assembly for a round of trilateral consultations.
- What is the name of 8th edition of India-Russia Joint Military Exercise Begun in Vladivostok, Russia?
D.Indra-2016Answer – D.Indra-2016
Eleven days India-Russia Joint Military Exercise ‘INDRA-2016’ began in the Ussiriysk District in Vladivostok, Russia on September 23, 2016.
- Which bank announced that it had entered into agreements with private insurers Cigna TTK and Reliance General Insurance to provide health and general insurance services to its customers?
A.Tamilnadu Merchantile Bank
B.Bank of Baroda
D.Andhra BankAnswer – D.Andhra Bank
These partnerships would provide mutual benefit to the bank and insurance companies in tapping the potential in the market and also help in increasing the insurance coverage.
- Which person along with Subhash Khot are the two Indian-American scientists have won this year’s prestigious MacArthur Fellowship for showing exceptional creativity in their respective fields?
D.Sikander SenAnswer – B.Manu Prakash
The Indian-Americans are Manu Prakash and Subhash Khot are alumunus of Indian Institiute of Technology (IIT) in Kanpur and Bombay respectively.Prakash works as an Assistant Professor in Department of Bioengineering at the Stanford University, while Khot is a theoretical computer scientist at the New York University.
- Which statement is incorrect related to production of carbon from sugarcane waste for use in batteries?
A.Team from BPCL and IISER had used a simple process to convert sugarcane bagasse into anode-grade porous
B.These batteries could be best used in electronic gadgets
C.Anode-grade carbon is generally produced through decomposition at nearly 1000 degree Celsius.
D.Prof. Satishchandra Ogale, the corresponding author from the Centre for Energy Science at IISER, PuneAnswer – A.Team from BPCL and IISER had used a simple process to convert sugarcane bagasse into anode-grade porous
Researchers from Pune’s National Chemical Laboratory (NCL) and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) had used a simple, cost-effective and quick process to convert sugarcane bagasse into anode-grade porous, conducting, activated carbon material for use in Li-ion batteries.
- Who has been appointed as a Chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India for a period of five years?
D.Mohan DasAnswer – B.Madhusudan Sahoo
Appointments Committee of Cabinet appointed Madhusudan Sahoo as chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India for a period of five years. Currently he is a member at anti-trust regulator Competition Commission of India and before thathe was member at Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- How many medals bagged by the Indian team in the men’s trap event at the ISSF Junior World Cup?
D.22Answer – C.24
Indian Shooters Lakshaya, Kismat Chopra and Manavaditya Singh Rathore bagged the team bronze in the men’s trap event as India ended their campaign at the ISSF Junior World Cupwith a total of 24 medals to grab the second place in the overall standings.
- Which Indian former Indian women’s hockey captain has retired from international hockey?
D.Ritu RaniAnswer – D.Ritu Rani
Former Indian women’s hockey captain Ritu Rani has retired from international hockey. Indian women’s hockey team qualified for the Rio Olympics after a gap of 36 years under Ritu’s captaincy.