Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The International Day of Peace is celebrated every year on which date to promote the peace and absence of war and violence?
Answer – B.21st September
The International Day of Peace, sometimes unofficially known as World Peace Day, is observed annually on 21 September. It is dedicated to world peace, and specifically the absence of war and violence, such as might be occasioned by a temporary ceasefire in a combat zone for humanitarian aid. 2016 Theme: “The Sustainable Development Goals: Building Blocks for Peace”.
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region Dr Jitendra Singh released the NEC Coffee Table Book, 2016. What is the Full form of NEC?
A.North Environment Cabinet
B.North Eastern Cabinet
C.North Eastern Council
D.North Environment Cabinet
Answer – C.North Eastern Council
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh released the NEC Coffee Table Book, 2016 “North Eastern Council: A Story of Sagacity and Success”. It was set up in 1971 as a Regional Advisory Body under the North Eastern Council Act 1971, has been transformed into a Regional Planning Body in 2002.
- Which player had received Test mace by International Cricket Council at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore?
Answer – A.Misbahul Haq
Pakistan Test captain Misbahul Haq had received Test mace by International Cricket Council (ICC) at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. CEO of ICC Mr Richardson congratulated the Pakistan cricket team that the ICC Test Championship mace was a symbol of excellence and recognition of a side’s outstanding performance in the purest format of the game. Pakistan was a deserving recipient of the mace.
- Name the India’s first interstate river interlinking project was approved by the National Board for Wildlife?
Answer – B.Ken-Betwa
India’s first inter State river interlinking project Ken-Betwa project was approved by the National Board for Wildlife (NBWL). This project will irrigate not only Bundelkhand region but also submerge about 10% of the Panna Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh.
- Which country has planned to implement world’s first driverless boats by doing everything from moving people and goods to providing “pop-up” bridges and cleaning up thousands of dumped bicycles?
Answer – D.Amsterdam
Amsterdam’s iconic canals might soon see the world’s first driverless boats, doing everything from moving people and goods to providing “pop-up” bridges and cleaning up thousands of dumped bicycles.
- Name the messaging app launched by Google similar to Whatsapp and Facebook messenger for both Android and iOS Platforms?
Answer – C.Allo
Google has launched its messaging app ‘Allo’, which likes WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. Google also launched a new mobile application called ‘Google Trips’ that serves as a trip planner and travel guide for anyone.
- The Union Government has given its nod for provision of a direct communication link through a dedicated submarine Optical Fibre Cable from which city to Port Blair and other islands?
Answer – C.Chennai
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for provision of a direct communication link through a dedicated submarine Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) between Mainland (Chennai) and Port Blair & five other islands.
- Which State CM has announced the Two Wheeler Service Training Centre across the centre under Public Private Partnership mode?
Answer – C.Tamilnadu
Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa announced the ‘Amma Two-Wheeler Service Training Centre’ across the state. The government will also set up a Centre of Excellence and 5 skill development institutes under Public Private Partnership mode with Siemens and Designtech at an estimated cost of Rs 546.84 crore.
- Name the yojana formed by the Department of Pharmaceuticals to ensure the availability of generic medicines at affordable prices?
Answer – B.PMJAY
The Department of Pharmaceuticals in association under the project title Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana (PMJAY) ensured the availability of generic medicines at affordable prices for all by with Central Pharma Public Sector Undertakings.
- What is the projected revenue earned by Indian Digital Classifieds industry by 2020 as per new report by Google and KPMG?
Answer – B.$1.2 billion
According to a new report by Google and KPMG, the Indian digital classifieds industry is projected to grow three times to $1.2 billion by 2020. Google and KPMG the ‘Digital Classifieds in India 2020’ report, which says the next phase of growth of such ads will be driven by the rapid growth of e-services, real estate and automobiles.
- World Bank will invest nearly 1,000 crore rupees in which state for the betterment of the inland waterways?
Answer – D.Assam
World Bank will invest nearly 1,000 crore rupees in Assam for the betterment of the inland waterways. It was conveyed to State Transport Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary by Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari. The amount will be utilised to develop inland waterways including ghats.
- Adani Green Energy Ltd is connected the 648 mega watt (MW) solar power plant to 400 KW substation of Tantransco at which district in Tamilnadu?
Answer – C.Ramanathapuram
Adani Green Energy Ltd is connected the 648 mega watt (MW) solar power plant to 400 KW substation of Tantransco at Kamuthi in Ramanathapuram district, Tamil Nadu. The plant is part of the Tamilnadu government’s target of generating 3,000 MW energy, according to its new solar energy policy which was unveiled in 2012.
- Name the application has been launched by Kotak Mahindra Bank to allow new customers to open an account?
Answer – B.Kotak Now
Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) has launched an application, “Kotak Now” that would allow new customers to open an account. It is an end-to-end application wherein a customer will be able to open a bank account within 10 minutes.
- Name the society had received the Green Apple Awards for Built Environment and Architectural Heritage Award 2016 in UK?
A.International Society for Krishna Consciousness
B.International Society for Tirumala
C.International Society for Ganesh
D.International Society for Lord
Answer – A.International Society for Krishna Consciousness
Govardhan Eco Village (GEV) of International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) had received the Green Apple Awards for Built Environment and Architectural Heritage Award 2016 in UK.
- S S Mallikarjuna Rao has assumed charge as Executive Director of which bank?
Answer – B.Syndicate Bank
S S Mallikarjuna Rao has assumed charge as Executive Director of Manipal based Syndicate Bank. Prior to this he was General Manager and CFO of Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC).
- Who has been appointed as adviser to the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) announced by UNCTAD Secretary-General Mukhisa Kituyi?
Answer – D.Jack Ma
Founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group Jack Ma was appointed as adviser to the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) announced by UNCTAD Secretary-General Mukhisa Kituyi.