AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 20 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Name of the below scheme has been approved by union cabinet on September 20th 2017.
5.’Lelo India’Answer – 2.’Khelo India’
A revamped ‘Khelo India’ scheme has been approved by union cabinet. There may be 1,000 selected athletes will receive an annual scholarship of Rs5 lakh each for eight years under this scheme.
- Which country is proposed to be set up Skill Center at Guwahati, India by the year 2019?
5. UKAnswer – 4.Singapore
On September 19 2017,The Government of Singapore is proposed to be set up Skill Center at Guwahati by the year 2019 and Dr Jitendra Singh ,the Ministry of DoNER will coordinate in this initiative.
- Where did the Indian Army take Swachh Bharat Abhiyaun?
5. SiachenAnswer – 5. Siachen
On September 20 2017, Siachen is India’s highest and hardest battlefield situated at an average altitude of 18,000 ft above sea level.Our Indian Army carried Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s agenda of Swachh Bharat and make Siachen stays clean.
- On whose birth centenary Vice President Venkaiah Naidu unveiled commemorative coins of Rs 100 and Rs 10 denominations?
1. Radha Vishwanathan
2. Saraswati Rane
4. M. L. Vasanthakumari
5. D. K. PattammalAnswer – 3. M.S.Subbulakshmi
On September 19 2017,Vice President Venkaiah Naidu unveiled commemorative coins of Rs 100 and Rs 10 denominations on the birth centenary musician Bharat Ratna M S Subbulakshmi and inaugurated an exhibition entitled “Kurai Onrum Illai-MS: Life in Music” nearly two-week-long exhibition.
- India’s National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is going to conduct a disaster management exercise in New Delhi with which organization?
5. BISMTECHAnswer – 1 .BIMSTECH
On September 20 2017,Our Home Ministry informed that India’s National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is going to conduct a disaster management exercise between October 10-13 in New Delhi with BIMSTEC countries and acronymed as BIMSTEC DMEx-2017.
- Which public sector has obtained license from World Trade Centre (WTC), New York to develop the Nauroji Nagar commercial project?
5. NLCAnswer – 4. NBCC
NBCC has obtained license from World Trade Centre (WTC), New York to develop the Nauroji Nagar commercial project as World Trade Centre (WTC).This project would be completed by 2020.
- Which country has lifted its ban on WhatsApp, Skype & other internet calling apps on 20th September 2017?
4. Saudi Arabia
5. OmanAnswer – 4. Saudi Arabia
On 20th September 2017, Saudi Arabia lifted its ban on internet calling applications like WhatsApp, Skype . The lift of ban on internet calling apps have been done in a move to lower online restrictions. Since, Saudi Arabia has been criticized heavily over censorship.
- Name the country has unveiled a statue of Mikhail Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47 assault rifle that became the most lethal weapon.
3. North Korea
5. RussiaAnswer – 5. Russia
On September 19 2017, Russia unveiled a statue of Mikhail Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47 assault rifle that became the most lethal weapon ever made and the best known Russian brand abroad.
- Where is the head quarter of World Health Organisation situated?
5. PragueAnswer – 3. Geneva
World Health Organization Headquarter – Geneva, Switzerland
- Name the platform has been regulated by RBI by treating them as Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs).
5. EUAnswer – 2. P2P
On 20th September 2017, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced that peer-to-peer (P2P) lending platforms would be treated as Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC).
- Mahindra & Mahindra signed a MoU with which Motor Company that ensures an alliance to explore collaboration on electric vehicles, for three years.
5. VolkswagenAnswer – 4. Ford
On 18th September 2017, Mahindra & Mahindra and Ford Motor Company signed a MoU that ensures an alliance to explore electric vehicles, for three years.
- The Finance Ministry imposed anti-dumping duty on which countries manufacturing tyres used in buses and trucks for five years on 19th September 2017.
5. AmericanAnswer – 4. Chinese
On 19th September 2017, The Finance Ministry imposed anti-dumping duty on Chinese tyres used in buses and trucks.Anti-dumping duty:The anti-dumping duty has been imposed on new or unused pneumatic radial tyres with or without tube, having rim diameter above 16 inches.This anti-dumping duty will be valid for a period of five years.
- Which German steel company has signed a MoU with Tata Steel to combine their European steel operations in a 50-50 joint venture, in Frankfurt?
2. Vereinigte Stahlwerke
4. German Steel Trust
5. Otto WolffAnswer – 3. ThyssenKrupp
Tata Steel and ThyssenKrupp sign MoU, will become second largest European steelmaker.
On 20th September 2017, Tata Steel and German steel company ThyssenKrupp signed a MoU to combine their European steel operations in a 50-50 joint venture, in Frankfurt.
- Which country’s Sovereign Wealth Fund hits $1 trillion value for the first time?
5. NorwayAnswer – 5. Norway
On 19th September 2017, The Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund officially reached $1 trillion for the first time, in Oslo, Norway.Norway’s Sovereign Wealth Fund was formed in the 1990s to manage the Norwegian state’s oil revenues.This is the world’s largest Sovereign Wealth Fund.
- To which country Indian Government appointed Mr.Ajay Bisaria as Indian High Commissioner?
5. ScotlandAnswer – 2. Pakistan
On 17th September 2017, Indian Government appointed Mr.Ajay Bisaria as Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan.Mr.Ajay Bisaria is the current ambassador to Poland.He will replace Mr. Gautam Bambawale as the High Commissioner to Pakistan.
- Who has been appointed as the new President of the News Broadcasters Association (NBA) for 2017-18?
1. Rajat Sharma
2. M.V.Shreyams Kumar
3. Vijay Gokhale
4. Rahul Joshi
5. K.V.L.Narayan RaoAnswer – 1. Rajat Sharma
On 19th September 2017, India TV Chairman and Editor-In-Chief Rajat Sharma was elected as the new President of the News Broadcasters Association (NBA) for 2017-18.
- How many Indians were listed in Forbes ‘100 Greatest Living Business Minds’ list 2017?
5.6Answer – 2. 3
Three Indians – Lakshmi Mittal, Ratan Tata and Vinod Khosla were listed in Forbes special list of the world’s ‘100 Greatest Living Business Minds’.
- Which Cricket player has been nominated for Padma Bhushan Award by BCCI on 20th September 2017?
1. Suresh Raina
2. Virat kholi
3. Harbajan Singh
4. V.V.S Laxmanan
5. M.S.DhoniAnswer – 5. M.S.Dhoni
On 20th September 2017, The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) nominated Mahendra Singh Dhoni for the Padma Bhushan award.
- Find the Eco village in India has received the ‘spirit of humanity’award, instituted by AmeriCares in the ‘livelihood’ category.
1. Arna Jharna
2. Govardhan Eco-village
3. Kedia Village
4. Shaam-e- Sarhad Village
5. Siddharth VillageAnswer – 2. Govardhan Eco-village
On September 20 2017, ISKCON’s Govardhan Eco village has received the ‘spirit of humanity’award, instituted by AmeriCares, a non-profit organisation working for disaster relief and global health, in the ‘livelihood’ category.
- Who has been banned by FIFA for six years?
1. Gordon Derrick
2. Walter Boyd
3. Jerren Nixon
4. Leonson Lewis
5. Philbert JonesAnswer – 1. Gordon Derrick
On 20th September 2017, FIFA’s Ethics Committee banned Caribbean soccer leader Gordon Derrick for six years due to financial offenses. FIFA said that Gordon Derrick was accused on alleged conflicts of interest, offering and accepting gifts and other benefits, mismanagement of funds, abuse of position and disloyalty.
- Who has released the book “Bhartiya Kala Mein Salil Kridayen Evam Sadyahsnata Nayika” written by Dr. Kshetrapal Gangwar and Shri Sanjib Kumar Singh?
1. Sanjib Kumar Singh
2. Santosh Kumar Gangwar
3. Mahesh Sharma
4. Anurradha Prasad
5. Jitendra SinghAnswer – 3. Mahesh Sharma
On September 20 2017, Dr.Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (Independent charge) for Culture released the book entitled “Bhartiya Kala Mein Salil Kridayen Evam Sadyahsnata Nayika” at a function in National Museum at New Delhi.It was written by Dr. Kshetrapal Gangwar and Shri Sanjib Kumar Singh.
- Name the former Soviet military officer credited with preventing a possible nuclear disaster at the peak of the Cold War has died at the age of 77.
1. Aleksei Brusilov
2. Alexander Nevski
3. Mikhail Kutuzov
4. Leon Trotsky
5. Stanislav PetrovAnswer – 5. Stanislav Petrov
Stanislav Petrov,a former Soviet military officer credited with preventing a possible nuclear disaster at the peak of the Cold War has died at the age of 77