AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 2 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Karnataka launches unified health scheme ‘Arogya Bhagya’ and what is the main theme of the scheme?
1. Treatement is necessary than payment
2. Treat your health before it get serious
3. Treatment First and Payment Next
4. Good Health is must
5. Don’t care about payment Do TreatmentAnswer – 3. Treatment First and Payment Next
Karnataka government will merge the existing seven health schemes to launch a unified health scheme- ‘Arogya Bhagya’. It will cover all 1.4 crore households of the state.The main theme of the ‘Arogya Bhagya’ scheme is ”Treatment First and Payment Next”.All the health facilities will be provided through Aadhaar linked Universal Health Card.The State Cabinet had given administrative sanction for the unified schemes and it will come to effect from 1stof November.
- Which state has introduced the India’s First Indigenous sniper rifle?
1. West Bengal
3. Andhra Pradesh
5. RajasthanAnswer – 1. West Bengal
India gets its first Indigenous sniper rifle from West Bengal
India’s first indigenous sniper rifle was launched at the rifle factory in West Bengal.Its total cost is Rs 2.5 lakh and weighing 6.7 Kg.The rifle has a shooting range of 800 meters. The factory has received orders from the CRPF and police forces of Haryana and Rajasthan.These rifles are a must for urban police, for VIP protection, hostage situations and terror attacks.
- Sports Ministry approves constitution of 13- Which Committee?
1. Kang committee
2. Inter sports Monitoring committee
3. Sports coordinating committee
4. Empowered Steering Committee
5. National sports authorization committeeAnswer – 4. Empowered Steering Committee
On September 1,2017,Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has approved the constitution of an Empowered Steering Committee (ESC) on the basis of the recommendations of the interim report of the 8-member Task Force headed by AbinavBindra.It will increase India’s medal prospects in forthcoming Olympic games including 2020 Tokyo Olympic games.
- Which zone is planning to create for collective open source data platform using biological research on 30&31st of August, 2017?
1. Education Zone
2. Doctor Zone
3. Farmer Zone
4. Teacher Zone
5. Scientist ZoneAnswer – 3. Farmer Zone Explanation:-
With an aim to improve the condition of small and marginal farmers, the Union Ministry of Science and Technology is planning to create Farmer Zone which is a collective open source data platform for smart agriculture using biological research.It was announced by Department of Biotechnology (DBT) at recently convened Smart Agriculture Conclave in New Delhi on 30&31st of August ,2017.
- Which Government has first time extended term of Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA), 1958 and declared entire state a Disturbed Area for six more months under section 3 of AFSPA act on September 1,2017.
1. West Bangal
5. PunjabAnswer – 2. Assam
Assam for first time extends AFSPA orders on its own.
On September 1,2017, Assam Government has extended term of Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA), 1958 and declared entire state a Disturbed Area for six more months under section 3 of AFSPA act.This is for first time state government has extended AFSPA and Disturbed Area provision on its own. In the past, AFSPA provisions in state were always extended by the centre.
- Which city was formally accorded the status of India’s first World Heritage City by UNESCO announced on 1st of Sept 2017?
2. New Delhi
5. AhmedabadAnswer – 2. Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad was formally accorded the status of India’s first World Heritage City by UNESCO announced on 1st of Sept 2017. UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova handed over the certificate declaring Ahmedabad as a World Heritage City to Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani in Gandhinagar.
Ahmedabad was selected out of 250 cities in the race for the coveted status.
On July 8 2017, India secured the nomination for Ahmedabad on UNESCO’s World Heritage list during the 41st Session of World Heritage Committee.
- Which Country has unveiled World’s biggest and powerful X-ray laser gun?
3. United States of America
5. ChinaAnswer – 4. Germany
The world’s largest and powerful X-ray laser- European X-ray Free Electron Laser (XFEL) presented in Hamburg, Germany. The XEFL is series of 3.4-kilometer tunnels up to 38 meters underground near the city of Hamburg. The wavelength of the X-rays is about 0.05 nanometers, comparable to the radius of a hydrogen atom.
- Where was the World’s tallest sandcastle built in 2017?
5. Sri LankaAnswer – 3. Germany
On September 1 ,2017, An international team of sand artists has built the world’s tallest sandcastle in Duisburg, in the Ruhr region, Germany after the city’s attempt failed last year.It was 54.5ft (16.68 meters) high and its theme is tourism.It is the new Guinness World Record for tallest sandcastle. It was carved by Lucas Brueggemann. The previous record holder was built 14.8m tall in Puri, on India’s east coast by the Sudarsan Sand Institute.
- Which Country has agreed with East Timor on key elements of a maritime boundary and revenue sharing on 2nd Sep 2017?
4. South Africa
5. SpainAnswer – 1. Australia
Australia and East Timor have agreed on key elements of a maritime boundary and revenue sharing from a natural gas field beneath the seabed between the two countries announced on 2nd Sep 2017.Australia and Timor-Leste have resolved their bitter and long-running dispute over maritime boundaries in the Timor Sea. It is being described as a “landmark day” in the relationship between the two nations.
- Which Indian Company has joined hands with Swedish defence giant Saab for collaboration in defence manufacturing on 1st sept 2017?
1. Adani Group
2. Ambani Group
3. Birla Group
4. Mahindra Group
5. Tata GroupAnswer – 1. Adani Group
Swedish defence giant Saab, Adani join hands for defence manufacturing
Swedish defence giant Saab and Indian conglomerate Adani group has announced a collaboration in defence manufacturing announced on 1st sept 2017.The project would encompass design, development and production of Gripen jets for India in line with the Make in India initiative.
- Who has been appointed as the new Secretary, Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance on 1st sept. 2017?
1. Santosh Kumar
2. Manoj Singh
3. Raj Kumar
4. Rajiv Kumar
5. Mahesh SharmaAnswer – 4. Rajiv Kumar
Rajiv Kumar has appointed as the new Secretary, Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance on 1st sept. 2017.Kumar was posted as Joint Secretary and then Additional Secretary, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance from March 19th, 2012 to March 12th, 2015.He has an administrative experience in more than 30 years of service.Kumar has held various important assignments including the Administrative postings in his home State of Jharkhand.
- Name of the scientist who appointed was appointed the chief executive of the Heavy Water Board on 31st of Aug 2017.
2. Gajapathi Raju
3. Kamachi Mudali
5. Bharathi uppuliAnswer – 3. Kamachi Mudali
IGCAR nuclear scientist U. Kamachi Mudali appointed Heavy Water Board chief
Nuclear scientist U Kamachi Mudali was appointed the chief executive of the Heavy Water Boardannounced on 31st of Aug 2017. It is one of the industrial units under the Department of Atomic Energy.The appointment was announced by the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR). Mudali assumed the charge of the board on 1st Sep 2017.
- Who was appointed as the new Chairperson of Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE announced on 1st of sept. 2017?
1. Sabitha Nair
2. Aparna Reddy
3. Anita Karwal
4. Dhanalaxmi Mudaliyar
5. Divya ParthasarathyAnswer –3. Anita Karwal
IAS officer Anita Karwal was appointed as the new Chairperson of Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE announced on 1st of sept. 2017.She is currently serving as additional secretary in HRD Ministry.She was the Gujarat Chief Electoral Officer during the Lok Sabha election in 2014.She has replaced Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi, who has been appointed as Director General of the National Skill Development Agency.
- Which foundation was awarded with the prestigious Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Award at Rashtrapati Bhawan?
1. Tata Foundation
2. Reliance Foundation
3. Mahindra Foundation
4. Sun Foundation
5. Agaram FoundationAnswer – 2. Reliance Foundation
The Reliance Foundation was awarded with the prestigious Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Award at Rashtrapati Bhawan.Chairperson of the foundation, Nita Ambani collected the award from President Ram Nath Kovind in New Delhi.
She is also the first Indian woman to become a member of the International Olympic Committee.The award has been given for the immense contribution to the promotion of sports.Reliance Foundation helps in spreading sportsmanship among the youth of the country.
- Which airport bags energy efficiency award?
5. BangaloreAnswer – 4. Hyderabad
Hyderabad International Airport Ltd has bagged the National Award for ‘Excellence’ in Energy Management at a conference hosted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).The event focused on recognizing companies that are engaged in energy efficiency initiatives and displaying commitment towards energy conservation.
- Which State police has launched online services for applying LDR and Accident claim documents?
4. Andhra Pradesh
5. MaharashtraAnswer 1.Tamilnadu
Tamil Nadu Police has launched of new online services. Under the online services petitioners seeking documents to file accident claims can now download all necessary documents via the Internet on payment of a minimum charge.
The online services has launched in Dindigul district of Tamil Nadu.
The petitioners could download 15 documents needed for filing the Motor Accident Claim Petition in court for compensation.Payment could be made through net banking. To ensure safety, the petitioner would get a one-time password (OTP) to their registered mobile phone for downloading the documents.
- What Day has been observed on 2nd September 2017?
1. World Heart Day
2. World Coffee Day
3. World Tourism Day
4. World Charity Day
5. World Coconut DayAnswer –5.World Coconut Day
Coconut day is celebrated on 2nd of Sep. It is celebrated by the Coconut Development Board.World Coconut Day has been observed to make people understand that this crop is a vital source in reduction of poverty. The main function will be held at Vijayawada, with the theme ‘Coconut for Family Nutrition, Health and Wellness.’ The Coconut Day has been declared by the Asian and Pacific Coconut Community (APCC) headquartered at Jakarta, Indonesia.Theme for this year, ‘coconut, the diet of the whole family, the basis of health and happiness prosperity.’
- Find the name of week which has been observed during 1st to 7th September throughout the country?
1. National Nutrition Week
2. National Money Week
3. National Interfaith Harmony Week
4. National Vaccination Week
5. National Breastfeeding WeekAnswer – 1. National Nutrition Week
National Nutrition Week has been observed throughout the country from 1st to 7th September. National Nutrition week is used to make the people get every knowledge about the nutrition and its importance for human body.The theme of the National Nutrition Week for 2017 is “Optimal Infant & Young Child Feeding Practices: Better Child Health”. Large numbers of State, district and village level activities are being organized during this week.