Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Assamese Eminent Poet has passed away due to old age ailments in Guwahati at the age of 95 years. Who is he?
Answer – B.Nalinidhar Bhattacharya
Assamese Eminent Poet Nalinidhar Bhattacharya has passed away due to old-age ailments in Guwahati. He was 95 years old. The Sahitya Akademi award winning litterateur is the elder brother of Assam’s first ‘Jnanpith’ award winner Birendra Bhattacharya.
- Recently which Indian Cricketer has been conferred with honorary life member of the Marylebone Cricket Club?
Answer – C.Zaheer Khan
Former Indian pacer Zaheer Khan has been made an honorary life member of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), becoming the 24th Indian cricketer to be bestowed the honor. Zaheer Khan was selected as one of the Wisden
Cricketers of the Year in 2008. Zaheer Khan announced his retirement from international cricket in October 2015.
- Who has been selected as the Batting Consultant for next Month’s home Series of Bangladesh against England?
Answer – D.Thilan Samaraweera
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) named former Sri Lankan middle-order batsman Thilan Thusara Samaraweera as their batting consultant for next month’s home series against England.
- Name the young volcano found by the NASA Scientist in isolated mountain, analysis of images to be expected less than 1 billion years old?
Answer – C.Cryovolcano
NASA Scientist discovered young cryovolcano in isolated mountain, analysis of images from NASA’s Dawn mission has revealed. The Scientists believe that it would have spewed freezing. The discovered volcano to be expected less than 1 billion years old, much more recent than scientists thought possible. The cryovolcanic formation on Ceres is named Ahuna Mons.
- Name the unmanned rocket busted out on the launch pad during a trail destroying a satellite that Facebook scheduled to use to beam high speed internet to Africa?
A.SpaceX Falcon 8
B.SpaceX Falcon 9
C.SpaceX Falcon 10
D.SpaceX Falcon 11
Answer – B.SpaceX Falcon 9
An unmanned SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket busted out on the launch pad during a trail destroying a satellite that Facebook scheduled to use to beam high-speed internet to Africa at SpaceX’s Cape Canaveral Space Launch Complex 40 resulting in loss of the vehicle in Florida.
- Who has been appointed as ‘Chevalier de l’Ordre National de la Legion d’Honneur – Knight of the National Order of the French Legion of Honour?
A.Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
Answer – A.Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
Biocon chairperson and managing director Kiran Mazumdar Shaw has been appointed ‘Chevalier de l’Ordre National de la Legion d’Honneur – Knight of the National Order of the French Legion of Honour. She has been conferred with this position for her outstanding contribution and dedication to Biosciences and Research field globally.
- Who has been unanimously elected as the National President of the Indian Medical Association for the year 2016-17?
C.S K Patel
D.N N Roy
Answer – B.KK Aggarwal
Cardiologist K K Aggarwal has been unanimously elected as the National President of the Indian Medical Association for the year 2016-17. Aggarwal is currently the Secretary General of the doctors association.
- Nepal Government nominated Deep Kumar Upadhyay as its envoy to which country during the meeting held at Prime Minister’s Office?
Answer – D.India
Nepal Government nominated Deep Kumar Upadhyay as its envoy to India, nearly four months after he was recalled by the previous Oli government over charges of ‘non-cooperation’ and indulging in ‘anti-government’ activities.
- Eminent Sand Artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has bagged the people’s choice prize for his sand sculpture named Mahatma Gandhi World Peace at the 9th Moscow Sand Sculpture Championship 2016. He belonged to which state?
Answer – B.Odisha
Odisha based Eminent sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has bagged the people’s choice prize for his sand sculpture named Mahatma Gandhi World Peace at the 9th Moscow Sand Sculpture Championship 2016.
- Name the Bureau has been setup the Indian Army with an aim to indigenize procurements and reduce dependence on imports?
A.Army Crops Bureau
B.Army Cadet Bureau
C.Army Design Bureau
D.None of the above
Answer – C.Army Design Bureau
The Indian Army has set up Army Design Bureau (ADB) with an aim to indigenize procurements and reduce dependence on imports. ADB will be part of the government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative and integrate various stake holders in its long-term requirements.
- Which state has become the 18th state to ratify the constitution Amendment Bill on Goods and Services Tax passed by Parliament?
Answer – C.Puducherry
Rajasthan and Puducherry governments unanimously ratified the Constitution Amendment Bill on Goods and Services Tax (GST) passed by Parliament. Meanwhile these states became 17th and 18th to ratify the legislation.
- Which city to host the fourth phase of the Vidyadhanam project piloted by Prof. K.V. Thomas Vidyadhanam Trust at St. Terasa’s College during three day visit of Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari?
Answer – D.Kochi
As part of his three-day visit to Kerala, Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari inaugurated the fourth phase of the Vidyadhanam project, piloted by Prof. K. V. Thomas Vidyadhanam Trust at St.Teresa’s College.
- India ranked which position amongst 160 countries in logistics performance Index 2016 released by The World Bank?
Answer – C.35
The World Bank has recently released a Logistics Performance Index (LPI) 2016 report titled “Connecting to Complete 2016”. The Logistics Performance Index Report is published by World Bank every two years. India has now been ranked 35 amongst 160 countries compared to rank of 54 in LPI 2014.
- India Economic Growth has been grown to how many percent during April-June Period of current fiscal announced by Finance Ministry?
Answer – A.7.1
Eventhough the Finance Ministry is still optimistic of close to 8 per cent growth this fiscal, the Central Statistics Office on Wednesday said the country’s GDP grew at 7.1 percent in the first quarter.
- BHEL has commissioned the fourth and last unit of the 4×40 MW Teesta Low Dam Hydro Electric Project (HEP) Stage-IV in which state?
Answer – C.West Bengal
Power generation from the Teesta project will result in reduction of green-house gas emissions and will help in achieving a low carbon development path for the state as well as the India. A stretch of the river greenfield project located in Darjeeling district of West Bengal, Teesta HEP has been set up by NHPC Ltd, on the River Teesta.