AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 19 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which Government has launched the “Shaheed Gram Vikas Yojana” ?
5. MaharashtraAnswer – 2. Jharkhand
On September 17,2017 Jharkhand Government launched the “Shaheed Gram Vikas Yojana” at Ulihatu Village ,Khunti district of Jharkhand. BJP President Amit Shah along with Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das launched the initiative.The scheme aims at developing the villages of freedom fighters in the state . Ulihatu Village is the birth place of freedom fighter and Jharkhand’s tribal icon, Birsa Munda.
- Mention the first Indian state has set up district family welfare committees?
5. MaharashtraAnswer – – 4. Tripura
On September 18,2017 ,Tripura became the first state in the country to set up family welfare district committees to deal with the issue of fake and biased complaints by women against their husbands, in-laws and husband’s relatives.
- Where did Governor N N Vohra inaugurate the second International Yoga Festival and International Yoga Sports Championship 2017?
3. Arunachal Pradesh
4. Jammu and Kashmir
5. PunjabAnswer – 4. Jammu and Kashmir
On Sep 18 ,2017 Jammu and Kashmir governor N N Vohra inaugurated the second International Yoga Festival and International Yoga Sports Championship 2017 in which about 300 people from various parts of India, Vietnam, Taiwan, Canada, Bulgaria, USA and Nepal are participating.The festival is being organized by the Yoga Society of Kashmir at the Sher-i-Kashmir International Conference Centre.
- Which entity has signed a pact with Visakha jilla samithi for water supply systems Visakhapatnam tribal villages?
5.ACE FoundationAnswer – 2.Infosys Foundation
On September 19,2017 Infosys Foundation has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Visakha Jilla Nava Nirman Samithi (VJNNS) an NGO to construct 100 gravity fed water supply systems in the tribal villages of Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Name of the country has issued a commemorative stamp in honour of the world’s largest radio telescope.
2. North Korea
5. GermanyAnswer – 1. China
China has issued a commemorative stamp in honour of the world’s largest radio telescope located in Guizhou province on 18th of Sept. 2017. According to the Xinhua news agency the State Post Bureau (SPB) has issued a set of five stamps.It includes one commemorating the Five-hundred-metre Aperture Spherical Radio Telescope priced at 1.2 yuan.
- Where did the Foreign Ministerial meeting among India Foreign Minister, US Secretary of State Tillerson and Japanese FM Kono held?
1. San Franscisco
3. Los Angels
4. Washington D.C
5. New YorkAnswer – 5. New York
The Foreign Ministerial meeting among India Foreign Minister, US Secretary of State Tillerson and Japanese FM Kono held in New York.The Ministers emphasized the need for ensuring freedom of navigation, respect for international law and peaceful resolution of disputes.
- With which country US Army inaugurated first American military base in the Middle Eastern country?
5.TurkeyAnswer – 3.Israel
The US Army and the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) inaugurated a permanent base In Israel. This is the first time that a permanent American base has been opened in the Middle Eastern country.The base represents the long-standing partnership, the strategic commitment between the armies and the militaries of the United States of America and Israel.Several dozen American soldiers will be stationed at the base in Israel’s south.
- Which one from the following has allowed Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) to raise funds by issuing debt securities, in Mumbai?
1.Bombay Stock Exchange
2.Securities and Exchange Board of India
3. National Stock Exchange of India
4.BME Stock Exchange
5. BM&F Stock ExchangeAnswer – 2.Securities and Exchange Board of India
On 18th September 2017, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) allowed Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) to raise funds by issuing debt securities, in Mumbai.
- How much of USD The International Finance Corporation (IFC) has announced to invest in realty firm Mahindra Lifespace Developers industrial park projects?
1. USD 10 million
2. USD 20 million
3. USD 30 million
4. USD 40 million
5. USD 50 millionAnswer – 5. USD 50 million
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) has announced to invest USD 50 million (about Rs 320 crore) in realty firm Mahindra Lifespace Developers industrial park projects. Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd is the real estate and infrastructure development arm of the Mahindra Group while IFC is a member of the World Bank group.
- Name of the South American Country was appointed Ms.Mercedes Araoz as new Prime Minister On 18th September 2017.
5.BoliviaAnswer – 3.Peru
On 18th September 2017, Vice President Ms.Mercedes Araoz was appointed as new Prime Minister of Peru by President Mr. Pedro Pablo Kuczynski, in Lima. President of Peru, Mr.Pedro Pablo Kuczynski reshuffled the cabinet after the Congress passed a no-confidence vote on the existing Prime Minister Mr. Fernando Zavala on 15th Sepetember 2017.
- Who was appointed as Brand Ambassador of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in Uttarakhand?
1. Virat Kholi
2. Akshay Kumar
4. Ranbir Kapoor
4. P.V.SindhuAnswer – 2. Akshay Kumar
On 18th September 2017, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Mr.Trivendra Singh Rawat announced the appointment of Bollywood actor Mr.Akshay Kumar as the brand ambassador of the Swachh Bharat Mission in Uttarakhand.
- Currency of Brazil will be mentioned as Brazillian __________.
5.GuaraniAnswer – 3. Real
Currency of Brazil will be mentioned as Brazillian Real.
- India-born Sriram Krishnan appointed as Senior Director of which network service.
2. Google Play
5. WhatsAppAnswer – 4. Twitter
Twitter a Micro-blogging website has appointed Indian-born Sriram Krishnan as Senior Director of Productannounced on 19th Sept. 2017.Krishnan has previously worked with Facebook and Snapchat.
- Which NGO “Swayam Shikshan Prayog (SSP)” for women farmers won UN Equator Prize?
1. Lucknow NGO
2. Patna NGO
3. Puducherry NGO
4. Pune NGO
5. Kochi NGOAnswer – 4. Pune NGO
On 18th September 2017, Swayam Shikshan Prayog (SSP), a Pune-based non-governmental organisation (NGO) working for women farmers, won 2017 UN Equator Prize.
SSP wins 2017 UN Equator Prize.The women farmers Ms.Godavari Dange and Ms.Kamal Kumbhar from Osmanabad district, received the 2017 UN Equator Prize, on behalf of SSP, at the UN General Assembly meeting in New York.
- Name of the trust has won the “Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar” award for the 11th consecutive time at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi on the occasion of Hindi Divas celebration on September 14, 2017.
1.Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
2. Mahatma Gandhi Port Trust
3. Swami Vivekanandha Port Trust
4. Indhra Gandhi Port Trust
5. Sardhar Vallabhai Patel Port TrustAnswer – 1.Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
On September 18,2017 Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) was awarded the “Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar” for the 11th consecutive time . It won in the category of ‘B’ region for autonomous bodies and boards, for its excellent implementation of the Official Language.
- Who has received the ANR(Akkineni Nageswara Rao) National Award from Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu .on 17th of Sept. 2017?
2. SS Rajmouli
3. Mani Ratnam
4. Sekhar Kammula
5. S.ShankarAnswer – 2. SS Rajmouli
SS Rajamouli has received the ANR National Award from Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu on 17th of Sept. 2017.The ANR National Award was instituted by the Akkineni International foundation in the honor of Akkineni Nageswara Rao. The award was given annually to recognize people for their lifetime achievements and contributions to the Indian film industry.
- Which entity has launched its new, all-in-one point-of-sale (POS) system ‘’ElitePOS” at the India Retail Forum 2017 event in Mumbai?
5.HCLAnswer – 2.HP
On 19th September 2017, HP Inc India launched its new, all-in-one point-of-sale (POS) system HP ElitePOS at the “India Retail Forum 2017″ event, in Mumbai. Elite POS is priced at Rs.59,999.
It will be available with all HP authorised sellers from October 2017.
- Name of Spain bike racer became the first female won an individual World Championship motorbike race, in Portugal.
1. Maria Costello
2. Jenny Tinmouth
3. Katja Poensgen
4. Gina Bovaird
5. Ana CarrascoAnswer – 5. Ana Carrasco
On 17th September 2017, Ana Carrasco of Spain became the first female to win an individual World Championship motorbike race, in Portugal.
- How many days did British cyclist Mark Beaumont cycling around the world for the world record?
5.81 daysAnswer – 3.79 days
On 18th September 2017, British cyclist Mark Beaumont set a new world record by cycling around the world in 79 days, in Paris.He beat the previous record of 123 days. He has cycled 18,000 miles (29,000 km) in total with an average of 240 miles per day.
- Veteran Congress lawmaker and former Minister Qamarul Islam had passed away on 18th of Sept. 2017.He belongs to which state?
5. Andhra PradeshAnswer – 4. Karnataka
Veteran Congress lawmaker Minister Qamarul Islam had passed away on 18th of Sept. 2017.He was a former Karnataka Minister.