Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which country Prime Minister arrived in New Delhi for a three-day state visit to India to sign three mutual agreements on 15th September 2016?
Answer – C.Nepal
Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’arrived in New Delhi for a three-day state visit to India and External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj received him at the airport on September 15, 2016
- Under which article of the Indian Constitution is duty bound to promote and propagate Hindi Language so that it might serve as a medium of expression for all the elements of the composite culture of India and to secure its enrichment?
Answer – D.351
Under Article 351 (of the Constitution), Union Government is duty bound to promote and propagate Hindi language so that it might serve as a medium of expression for all the elements of the composite culture of India and to secure its enrichment. A petition asked Centre to take steps to declare Hindi as India’s national language.
- Which State Chief Minister signed an memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Goa State to work together in IT development?
Answer – D.Telangana
Chief Minister of Goa Laxmikant Parsekar and Telangana IT minister K T Rama Rao signed an memorandum of understanding (MoU) to work together in IT development. ii. It is mutual cooperation between both this two States. Acoording to the agreement the T-Hub (Telangana Hub) will be set up in Goa. T-Hub is India’s largest incubator for startups, located in Hyderabad.
- Which State Government announced a district status for the state’s for particular area to become 22 from 21 districts?
Answer – A.Haryana
Haryana chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced a district status for Dadri, the biggest sub-division in the state. Now number of districts in the State rised to 22 from 21.It is the biggest sub-division in the state. It has originally 7 states when it is separated from Punjab in 1960.
- Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region Jitendra Singh inaugurated the ‘e-VMS’ (e-Visitor Management System) at which port as part of the Ease of Doing Business initiatives?
Answer – C.Krishnapatnam
Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region Jitendra Singh inaugurated the ‘e-VMS’ (e-Visitor Management System) at the Krishnapatnam port in Nellore as part of the Ease of Doing Business initiatives.
- Which City hosted 10 weeklong Festival “Confluence: Festival of India” was inaugurated by Union Tourism and Culture Minister on September 18th 2016?
Answer – A.Sydney
The 10-week long festival “Confluence: Festival of India” was inaugurated by Union Tourism and Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma in Sydney on September 18, 2016. Aim: To showcase the country’s rich and diverse culture was kicked off in iconic Sydney Opera House.
- Which Bank has launched its second Skill Academy at Coimbatore, as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
A.Catholic Syrian Bank
Answer – C.Federal Bank
Federal Bank, Kochi-based Private Sector Bank has launched its second Federal Skill Academy at Coimbatore, as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives. The first one being inaugurated last year at Ernakulam.
- Which bank has issued commercial Papers of Rs.700 crore on September 12, 2016 having maturity date of September 29, 2016?
Answer – A.IDFC
Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC) Limited has issued commercial Papers of Rs.700 crore. The company issued Commercial Papers for an aggregate amount of Rs 700 crore on September 12, 2016 having maturity date of September 29, 2016.
- Which limited has been conferred the prestigious membership of the Asia-Pacific Aerospace Quality Group (APAQG) under the category ‘Full Member with voting rights’?
A.Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
B.Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited
C.Hindustan Unilever Limited
D.Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Answer – D.Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has been conferred the prestigious membership of the Asia-Pacific Aerospace Quality Group (APAQG) under the category ‘Full Member with voting rights’.
- Which formula one racer won the 2016 Singapore Grand Prix on September 18,2016?
Answer – C.Nico Rosberg
German Forula One driver Nico Rosberg won the 2016 Singapore Grand Prix on September 18,2016 and re-take the lead of the Formula One Drivers’ World Championship from Lewis Hamilton in Singapore.
- India beated which country to finish 7th in Internationl Basketball Federation (FIBA) Asia Challenge?
Answer – B.China
The Indian men’s basketball team upstaged Chinese Taipei 80-68 in the final classification match to finish seventh in the FIBA Asia Challenge 2016 in Tehran.
- Which impaired shooter from Pune won bronze in the 10m air rifle category at the 1st World Deaf Shooting Championships held in Kazan, Russia?
Answer – C.Priyesha Deshmukh
Priyesha Deshmukh, 23-year old hearing-impaired shooter from Pune won bronze in the 10m air rifle category at the 1st World Deaf Shooting Championships held in Kazan, Russia.
- What is the name of Supercomputer which is launched by the Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javedkar at IIT, Guwahati?
Answer – A.PARAM-ISHAN
IIT Guwahati unveiled one of India´s fastest and most powerful computer, PARAM-ISHAN. Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the Param-Ishan supercomputing facility at IIT, Guwahati.
- Which Indian – origin South African would head the International Society for Blood Transfusion (ISBT)?
Answer – D.Ravi Reddy
An Indian-origin South African has become the first person from the African continent to head a global organization of medicine professionals working for the safety of blood transfusion worldwide. Ravi Reddy, currently the Chief Operations Officer of the South African National Blood Service(SANBS), will head the International Society for Blood Transfusion (ISBT).
- Which legendary singer has been conferred ‘Banga Bibhushan’ award by the West Bengal Government?
Answer – D.Lata Mangeshkar
Lata Mangeshkar had sung a large number of memorable Bengali songs. In order to honour her contribution West Bengal government decided to bestow the Bangabibhushan award to her this year.
- Which award ceremony was recently held over two nights on September, 2016 in the recognition of Television Arts and Sciences at Los Angeles?
A.68th Bafta TV awards 2016
B.68th British Academy Television Awards
C.68th National Television Awards
D.68th Emmy Awards
Answer – D.68th Emmy Awards
The winners were announced at an awards ceremony hosted by Jimmy Kimmel. With five awards, The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story took the most wins.