AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 18 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who has launched first Intelligence Wing of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Welfare & Rehabilita tion Board (WARB) App in New Delhi?
1. Sushma Swaraj
2. Nirmala Sitharaman
3. Arun Jaitley
4. Rajnath Singh
5. Maneka Sanjay GandhiAnswer – 4. Rajnath Singh
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has launched first Intelligence Wing of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Welfare & Rehabilita tion Board (WARB) App in New Delhi authorized to Protect the shared borders of India with Nepal and Bhutan. It has been confirmed as the Lead Intelligence Agency (LIA) for both the Indo-Nepal and Indo-Bhutan borders.
- Which INS carries relief material under ‘operation Insaniyat’ for Rohingya refugees?
1. INS Magar
2. INS Gharial
3. INS Airavat
4. INS Guldar
5. INS ShardulAnswer – 2. INS Gharial
India will be started ‘operation Insaniyat’ by INS Garhial to help Bangladesh for the Rohingya refugees. Indian Navy will carry around 86 thousand family packs as relief material in the ongoing operation.
The ship will be expected to reach Chittagong on 25th of this month. The ship carries relief material consisting of rice, pulses, sugar, salt, cooking oil, biscuits and mosquito nets will be provided to the affected people.
- Which state government passed a bill for starting the first Odia language university for post-graduate in literature, linguistics and epigraphy?
5.MizoramAnswer – 4.Odisha
On September 14,2017, The Odisha government passed a bill for starting the first Odia language university for post-graduate in literature, linguistics and epigraphy. After Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, Odisha became the fourth state in country to have a special university for development of its language and literature.
- India exempted import duty for sports items and a wide range wide range of goods for which upcoming event.
1. Hockey U-17 World Cup
2. Cricket U-17 World Cup
3. FIFA U-17 World Cup
4. World Chess Championship U-17
5. World Wrestling Championship U-17Answer – 3. FIFA U-17 World Cup
On September 17 2017, The government announced that it has exempted import duty for sports items and a wide range of goods for the upcoming FIFA U-17 World Cup India. The following goods will also be exempted from the integrated tax levied under the GST.
- Name the two countries restored scheduled commercial airline services on 17th of Sept. for the first time since 2004.
1. Iran and Iraq
2. Germany and Iran
3. Russia and Germany
4. Germany and Iraq
5. Russia and IraqAnswer – 5. Russia and Iraq
Russia and Iraq restored scheduled commercial airline services on 17th of Sept. for the first time since 2004.According to the Russia’s civil aviation authority the first commercial flight arrives on 17th of sept.As per the the Russian airport’s online departure and arrival timetables an Iraqi Airways plane left Baghdad at10.31 am (0731 GMT) and was expected to arrive at Moscow’s Vnukovo airport at 2.19 pm (1119 GMT).
- Which country has released postage stamps on Indian Yoga experts Mr.Bishnu Charan Ghosh and his family members in Kolkata?
1. United States
5. SingaporeAnswer – 4. Japan
On 17th September 2017, Japan has released postage stamps on Indian Yoga experts Mr.Bishnu Charan Ghosh, his son Mr.Biswanath Ghosh, daughter Ms.Karuna Ghosh and Karuna’s father in law Mr.Asutosh Ghosh. This is the first time Japan has released postal stamps on Yoga Experts.
- In which country’s border China opened a dual use highway in Tibet used for civilian and defence purposes?
5. BangladeshAnswer – 4. Nepal
On 15th September 2017, China opened a dual use highway in Tibet to the Nepal border which could be used for civilian and defence purposes, in China.The highway is 40.4 km long and 25 m wide.It has 4 double lanes. It is classified a first-tier highway.
- Where was the Joint military exercise of US and UAE started?
2. Abu Dhabi
5. DubaiAnswer – 2. Abu Dhabi
The US and UAE’s joint military exercise began in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The joint military exercise is named as Iron Union 5.
- Who is the GSTN CEO?
2. Harsimrat Kaur
3. Radha Mohan
4. Krishna Raj
5. Prakash KumarAnswer – 5. Prakash Kumar
The GST Network (GSTN) has reopened the facility till 30th September for small taxpayers with a turnover of up to Rs 75 lakh to select for composition scheme. GSTN CEO Prakash Kumar said that the composition scheme is created to simplify and reduce the burden of smaller taxpayers.
- Which state of Tourism Department ties up with Ola to launch tourism campaign according to the United Nations theme for this year’s World Tourism?
2. West Bengal
3. Andhra Pradesh
5. BiharAnswer – 4. Karnataka
Ola ties up with Karnataka Tourism Department to launch tourism campaign.On September 16 2017, Due to the United Nations theme for this year’s World Tourism Day, Ola and the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation initiated a campaign to promote and raise awareness about responsible tourism.
- To which activity group Y C Modi appointed as Director General ?
1. National Investigation Agency
2. National Security Council
3.National Security Guard
4. NITI Aayog
5.Central Board of Excise and CustomsAnswer – 1. National Investigation Agency
Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Y C Modi is appointed as the new director general of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) announced on 18th of Sept. 2017.Modi will replace Sharad Kumar, who will retire on 30th October.The order was issued by the Ministry for Home Affairs.
- Name the 69th primetime award ceremony took place at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California, United States honours the best US television programmes broadcasted from June 1, 2016 to May 31, 2017.
1. TCA Awards
2. Clio Awards
3. Emmy Awards
4. Critics’ Choice Television Awards
5. GLAAD Media AwardsAnswer – 3. Emmy Awards
On 17th September 2017, the 69th Annual PrimeTime Emmy Awards ceremony took place at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California, United States.The Annual Prime Emmy Awards honours the best US television programmes broadcasted from June 1, 2016 to May 31, 2017.
- Which former DIG was awarded the medal by Governor Vajubhai Vala at a ceremony at Raj Bhavan in the presence of Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and Home Minister Ramalinga Reddy on 16th September 2017?
5.B.SandhyaAnswer – 3.Roopa Divakar
Former DIG Roopa was awarded the medal by Governor Vajubhai Vala at a ceremony at Raj Bhavan in the presence of Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and Home Minister Ramalinga Reddy.The award was given to Roopa for her meritorious service. In July 2017, D Roopa, DIG of Prisons (at that time), submitted a report to the Director General of Prisons mentioning that Sasikala, who was serving a 4 year sentence in the disproportionate assets case at Parapanna Agrahara Central Prison, was given preferential treatment and there was ‘a talk’ that Rs.2 crore was involved in the deal. Following that D Roopa was posted as Deputy Inspector General of Police and Commissioner for Traffic and Road Safety in Bengaluru.
- Name the first payments bank in India to integrate the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on its digital platform announced on 17th of Sept. 2017.
1. Paytm Payments Bank
2. FINO payment bank
3. Airtel Payments Bank
4. India Post Payments Bank
5. Vodafone M-PesaAnswer – 3. Airtel Payments Bank
Airtel Payments Bank has become the first payments bank in India to integrate the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on its digital platform announced on 17th of Sept. 2017.It will help in making instant money transfers to any bank account in India and will add to customer choice and convenience for making secure digital payments to online and offline merchants.It will allow all 20 million bank customers to create their personalised UPI handles on the Airtel app.
- Which digital payment app has launched by Google in India on 18th of Sept. 2017?
2. Bump Pay
5. ZipmarkAnswer – 4. Tez
Google has launched its Unified Payments Interface (UPI)-based digital payment service by the name ‘Tez’ in India announced on 18th of Sept. 2017. Google has become the latest international giant to enter the fast growing digital payments industry in India. ‘Tez’ means fast in Hindi.Tez was launched by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley at an event in New Delhi.The new Google payment App ‘TeZ’ is powered by UPI. It is a payments protocol built by the Government-backed National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).Google Tez supports several local languages including Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu.
- Which animal was considered to be a long endangered species has been upgraded to ‘vulnerable’ status by International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) on 14th September 2017?
3. Snow leopard
5. PantheraAnswer – 3. Snow leopard
On 14th September 2017, International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) announced that the snow leopard which was considered to be a long endangered species has been upgraded to ‘vulnerable’ status. Snow leopards were listed as endangered species in 1972.
- Who won the Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix?
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Sebastian Vettel
4. Valtteri Bottas
5. Nico RosbergAnswer – 2. Lewis Hamilton
On 17th September 2017, Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton won the Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix, in Singapore. Lewis Hamilton finished the race first and won the Singapore Grand Prix. He was followed by Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo in the 2nd position and Mercedes’ Valtteri Bottas in the 3rd.
- Who has become the first batsman to hit 100 sixes in the shortest format of the game during their Twenty20 International match?
2. Chris Gayle
3. Francois du Plessis
4. Aaron Finch
5. Glenn MaxwellAnswer – 2. Chris Gayle
West Indies legend Chris Gayle has become the first batsman to hit 100 sixes in the shortest format of the game during their Twenty20 International match.The match was played against hosts England at Chester-le-Street on 17th of Sept. 2017.
- Former Union minister Mohammed Taslimuddin passed away on On September 17 2017.He was a senior leader of which political party.
2.Bharatiya Janata Party
3.Bahujan Samaj Party
5. Rashtriya Janata DalAnswer – 5. Rashtriya Janata Dal
On September 17 2017,Former Union minister and senior Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Mohammed Taslimuddin,74 died in a Chennai Appollo hospital. He had visited to Chennai for a parliamentary committee meeting. Taslimuddin was a prominent Muslim leader.He hailed from Seemanchal area in Bihar, was a seven-time MLA and five-time MP. He was the Union minister of state for home in the UPA I government at the Centre.
- Dr.K.S.Chugh dies of cancer at 85 on 17th September 2017.He was a father of _________________ in India.
5. nephrologyAnswer – 5. nephrology
On 17th September 2017, Dr.K.S.Chugh, the “father of nephrology in India”, died at the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh. Dr.K.S.Chugh was suffering from blood cancer for the past two years. Dr.Chugh had 413 papers, including 38 chapters, published in national and international journals and books.