Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which city hosted the sixth meeting of BRICS High Representatives responsible for security to counter terrorism and violent extremism emanating from the region?
Answer – D.New Delhi
The sixth meeting of BRICS High Representatives responsible for security held at New Delhi. Shri Ajit Doval, National Security Adviser, Government of the Republic of India presided over the meeting. BRICS High Representatives also agreed to pool BRICS’ efforts to counter terrorism and violent extremism emanating from the region.
- Indian Railways marked the “Swachh Paryavaran Diwas” (Clean Environment Day) by launching the Swachht Saptah (Cleanliness Week) from which date by Union Railway Minister?
Answer – B.September 17th
Indian Railways marked the ‘Swachh Paryavaran Diwas’ (Clean Environment Day) by launching the SwachhtaSaptah (Cleanliness Week). The special 9 day (from 17 to 25 September 2016) long public cleanliness outreach programme was launched by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu in New Delhi.
- Which State/Territory governor initiated the drive to clean up the Coastal areas as part of the 31st International Costal Clean Up Day?
Puducherry Governor Kiran Bedi launched Coastal Clean Up as part of the ‘31nd International Coastal Clean Up Day’. The drive was being carried out in all coastal pockets in Puducherry. The programme was organised by the Indian Coast Guard in association with the Local Kiran Bedi Administration Department.
- Government planned to double the number of schemes under DBT to _____________ by March 2017 for paying subsidy directly via bank accounts of beneficiaries.
Answer – A.147
Government planned to double the number of schemes under DBT to 147 by March and had launched pilots for paying subsidy on food, kerosene and fertiliser directly via bank accounts of beneficiaries. Benefits and subsidies in as many as 74 schemes of 17 government departments and ministries were paid directly to beneficiaries under DBT. Government planned to extend DBT to 147 schemes by March 2017.
- Which State Chief Minister has announced funds for renovation of Churches and Mosques under the Waqf Board?
Answer – D.Tamilnadu
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has announced funds for renovation of churches and mosques under the Waqf board. She has ordered release of Rs. 3 crore for the corpus fund. State presently disbursed Rs 60 lakh per annum for renovation of mosques and darghas under Waqf
- Which country hosted the 17th Non Alignment Movement Summit to discuss the issues of Mutual Interest?
Answer – D.Venezuela
17th NAM summit held in Venezuela. Vice President Hamid Ansari held talks with Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro on a host of issues of mutual interest. Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro touted the latest meeting of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), a large Cold War-era bloc, as one that would be remembered for centuries to come.
- World’s largest permanent Shiplift designed by which engineers and began its trial on September 18th, 2016?
A.German and China
B.German and Japan
C.German and India
D.German and United States
Answer – A.German and China
World’s largest permanent shiplift designed by Chinese and German engineers on China’s Three Gorges Dam began its trial on September 18, 2016. It is the largest and most sophisticated shiplift in the world.
- Which country had decided to become a partner country for the upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit to be held in January 2017?
Answer – A.United States
The US government had decided to become a partner country for the upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit, which was prepared to be held in January 2017.
- Who would be honoured as the 2016 Humanitarian of the year by students and faculty at the Harvard Foundation?
A.Ban Ki Moon
C.Aung San Suu Kyi
Answer – C.Aung San Suu Kyi
Nobel Peace Prize laureate Aung San Suu Kyi (ahngsahnsoochee) of Myanmar would be honored as the 2016 humanitarian of the year by students and faculty at the Harvard Foundation.Aung San Suu
- Who has been honoured with the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ at the Asian Achievers Awards in Britain by a leading publishing group for his work in the medical profession?
D.Narendra Babubhai Patel
Answer – D.Narendra Babubhai Patel
Member of the UK Parliament Lord Narendra Babubhai Patel(78) honoured with the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ at the Asian Achievers Awards in Britain by a leading publishing group for his work in the medical profession and being incredible role model for social justice, equality and those less fortunate.
- Lt Gen Surinder Singh took over as General Officer Commanding in Chief of which command on September 17th 2016?
Answer – C.Western
Lt Gen Surinder Singh took over as General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Western Command at Chandimandir on September 17, 2016. He is the successor of Lt Gen KJ Singh who retired on July 31,2016.
- Who has been appointed as UPSC Chairman by President Pranab Mukherjee from September 2016?
Answer – A.Alka Sirohi
A Member of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Alka Sirohi has been appointed as UPSC Chairman by President Pranab Mukherjee. It will be effective from September 2016. He will be replaced by Deepak Gupta.
- Indian Foreign Services officer Monika Kapil Mohta was appointed as the next envoy of India to which country?
Answer – B.Sweden
Indian Foreign Services officer Monika Kapil Mohta was appointed as the next envoy of India to Sweden.. Currently he is working as the Additional Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs. Before this she has served as the ambassador of India to Poland and Lithuania.
- Which space agency had entered the final year of its epic voyage and observed the closest observation of Saturn?
Answer – D.NASA
After studying Saturn, its rings and moons for more than 12 years, NASA’s Cassini spacecraft had entered the final year of its epic voyage during which it would make the closest-ever observations of the planet.
- How many gold clinched by the Indian Players in 15th Summer Paralympic Games for Atheletes with disabilities governed by the International Paralympic Committee held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from September 7 to 18, 2016?
Answer – B.2
15th Summer Paralympic Games for athletes with disabilities governed by the International Paralympic Committee held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from September 7 to 18, 2016. 43 rank(2 gold 1 silver 1 bronze)
- Name the translated version of “Sai Charitra Granth” a book on the life of Sai Baba by the Consul General of Malaysia in India Eldeen Husaini Muhammad Hashim?
A.I Like Sai
B.I Love Sai
C.I Believe Sai
D.I Hope Sai
Answer – B.I Love Sai
The Consul General of Malaysia in India EldeenHusaini Muhammad Hashim released the translated version of ‘Sai Charitra Granth‘, a book on the life of Sai Baba. The envoy expressed confidence that the relations between India and Malaysia can be developed further. The book is translated into Malay by a social outfit called ‘I love Sai’.