Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Carlo Azeglio Ciampi has passed away at the age of 95 years. He was former president of which country?
Answer – B.Italy
Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, the former Italian president who played a crucial role in Italy’s adoption of the euro, has died at the age of 95. Ciampi spent 14 years as governor of the Bank of Italy and later served as a Treasury minister. He also served as Prime Minister in a 1993-94 caretaker government of technocrats.
- Pulitzer Prize winning playwright has passed away in New York at the age of 88 years. Who is he?
Answer – C.Edward Albee
Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Edward Albee died in New York. He was 88. He was the America’s greatest living playwrighter after Arthur Miller and August Wilson
- Which team has won the 2016 Calcutta Football League for the seventh Consecutive time on 16th September 2016?
Answer – D.East Bengal
Indian football giants East Bengal on 16 September 2016 won the Calcutta Football League (CFL) for the seventh consecutive time.East Bengal Football Club is a professional football club, based in Kolkata, West Bengal.East Bengal FC was founded in 1920.
- Name the advanced indigenously built guided Missile Detroyer has been launched by the Indian Navy at Mumbai?
Answer – D.Mormugao
The Indian Navy launched an advanced indigenously built guided-missile destroyer, Mormugao, in financial capital of the country (Mumbai). Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba, who was present when the vessel was released into the Arabian Sea, announced that the stealth destroyer was at par with the best vessels in the world.
- Name the initiative has been launched by the country to curb child pornography through the Internet?
D.None of the above
Answer – A.Aarambh
Aarambh Initiative has launched the country’s first-ever hotline to curb child pornography. The country’s first
ever hotline to curb sexual abuse of children through the internet and to remove child pornographic content online was prepared to be unveiled next week.
- Which company has approved a proposal to merge with Hinduja Foundries?
Answer – D.Ashok Leyland
Ashok Leyland Board has approved a proposal to merge Hinduja Foundries Ltd (HFL) with itself. HFL has an accumulated loss of about Rs.1,100 crore and debt of Rs.512 crore.
- Who has been appointed as a UN Goodwill Ambassador for the Dignity of Survivors of Human Trafficking of the UN Office on Drugs and Crime?
B.Nadia Murad Basee Taha
Answer – B.Nadia Murad Basee Taha
Iraqi survivor of ISIS’ atrocities Nadia Murad Basee Taha has been appointed a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for the Dignity of Survivors of Human Trafficking of the UN Office on Drugs and Crime announced by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
- VK Sharma has been appointed as Chairman of which corporation with effective from 17th September 2016?
Answer – C.LIC
VK Sharma was appointed as chairman of state-owned Life Insurance Corporation of India on September 17, 2016, announced by finance ministry. He will be replaced SK Roy. Sharma is currently working as the Managing director of LIC.
- What are the features of new constituted GST Council by Union Finance Ministry?
i.Tax rate decision
iii. Threshold under the new taxation regime
B.i and ii only
D.All the three options
Answer – D.All the three options
The Union Finance Ministry had notified the GST Council, which would decide on the tax rate, exempted goods and the threshold under the new taxation regime. The council would be chaired by Union Finance Minister and would have Minister in charge of Finance or Taxation or any other Minister nominated by each State Government as its member.
- 7 day “Naropa 2016” festival began at which city and is referred to as “Kumbh Mela” of the Himalayas?
Answer – C.Ladakh
A grand spiritual gathering that happens once in 12 years and is referred to as the“Kumbh Mela of the Himalayas” had begun in Ladakh’s biggest monastery, Hemis, to commemorate the millennial birth anniversary of the scholar saint Naropa.
- Prime Minister launched irrigation and drinking water supply projects worth 4800 crore rupees in tribal areas of which state?
Answer – D.Gujarat
PM Modi launches irrigation and drinking water supply projects worth 4800 cr rupees in tribal areas of Gujarat. Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the water supply and irrigation projects worth of Rs 4800 crore under the Gujarat Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojna at Limkheda in Dahod district, Gujarat on his 66th birthday anniversary celebrations
- Union Water Resources Minister and Agriculture Minister signed the MoU to encourage farmers of over 5,000 villages along which river to take up organic farming?
Answer – B.Ganga
Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti and Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh signed the MoU to encourage farmers of over 5,000 villages along the Ganga to take up organic farming. Aim: To promote organic farming through various means like awareness programmes, self-help groups, providing information through mobile apps.
- Name the cricketers who have been honoured with Arjuna Award for the year 2016 2015 respectively?
A.Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane
B.Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma
C.Ashwin and Virat Kohli
D.Virat Kohli and Ashwin
Answer – B.Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma
India batsmen, Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma were awarded with the prestigious Arjuna Award for 2016 and 2015 respectively, at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.
- Which state has topped in attracting industrial investments in 2015-16 as per latest RBI report?
Answer – C.Andhra Pradesh
According to the latest RBI Report, Andhra Pradesh had emerged on the top among all other states in attracting industrial investments in 2015-16, pushing the previous year’s topper Maharashtra to the third spot.
- Who has been awarded with Mohanan Suvarna Mudra Award for the year 2016?
Answer – C.Leelavathi
Eminent Malayalam critic and academician Dr M Leelavathi has been chosen for the prestigious N Mohanan Suvarna Mudra Award 2016. The award was instituted in memory of well-known short story writer N Mohanan. The honour comprises a gold medal of one sovereign.
- India signed an MoU with which bank to host the next annual meetings of the bank at Mahatma Gandhi Convention Centre, Ahmedabad from May 22nd to May 26th 2017?
Answer – B.AfDB
Government of India and the AfDB signed MoU to host the next annual meetings of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group at Mahatma Gandhi Convention Centre, Ahmedabad from May 22 to May 26, 2017.