Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Engineer’s Day in India is celebrating every year on September 15th to remember the Birthday Anniversary of which personality?
Answer – A.Visvesvaraya
India produces close to 20 lakh engineers every year, with disciplines ranging from computer science and electronics to civil and mechanical engineering. The Engineering Community across India celeberated Engineers Day on 15 September as a tribute to the greatest Indian Engineer Bharat Ratna Visvesvaraya. He was held in high regard as a pre-eminent engineer of India.
- Eminent American theatre – film director has passed away in Los Angeles at the age of 65. Who is he?
Answer – B.Jack Hofsiss
American theatre-film director Jack Hofsiss passed away in Los Angeles. He was 65. Hofsiss directed several TV films including a 1982 adaptation of “The Elephant Man,” a version of “Cat of a Hot Tin Roof” starring Jessica Lange, and “The Oldest Living Graduate” with Henry Fonda.
- Which team has won the Inaugural Day/night Duleep Trophy tournament in Greater Noida?
Answer – D.India Blue
Ravindra Jadeja interested an otherwise uneventful final day with another lethal spell of left-arm spin as India Blue notched up a crushing 355-run win over Reds to clinch the inaugural day/night Duleep Trophy tournament in Greater Noida.
- Which colour of the ball used during the Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament ?
Answer – B.Pink
The Duleep Trophy, once the premier domestic tournament where aspiring youngsters were put through the grind has now come to resemble a falooda — the pink comes from the ball, and an assortment of colours, red, blue and green are the teams to which no cricketer in this country owes allegiance.
- Which city to hold the 2016 Kabaddi world cup to be held from October 7th to 22nd 2016?
Answer – D.Ahmedabad
2016 Kabaddi World Cup Venue : Trans Stadia in Ahmedabad from Oct. 7-22. The logo of the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup unveiled by Indian Sports Minister Vijay Goel and International Kabaddi Federation President Janardan Singh Gehlot in New Delhi on September 14 , 2016
- Name the Typhoon which was the world’s strongest typhoon made landfall in east China’s Fujian Province?
Answer – C.Meranti
Typhoon Meranti was the world’s strongest typhoon made landfall in east China’s Fujian Province, causing widespread destruction. The typhoon that hit Xiang’an district of Xiamen city had been monitored as the strongest one hitting southern Fujian Province since 1949.
- Name the company introduced the world’s first self driving cars on the road in the steel city, Pittsburgh, USA?
D.None of the above
Answer – B.Uber
World’s first self-driving cars launched by Ubers on the road in the Steel City, Pittsburgh, USA. Self-driving Ubers will be on the road 24 hours a day and this new service need not necessarily cut jobs drastically. It is expected to reduce the number of traffic accidents, free up to 20 per cent of space in cities
- India expected to provide more helicopters and other military hardware to which country facing threats from the Taliban?
Answer – C.Afghanistan
Afghanistan faces threats from the Taliban and as foreign secretary S Jaishankar put it, those “on the east” of the country, there were expectations that India would providemore helicopters and other military hardware.
- Which state has launched a website to provide information on the Celebration of 350th Prakash Utsav of the Sikh Guru in 2017?
Answer – B.Bihar
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar launched a website to provide information on the celebration of 350th Prakash Utsav of the Sikh guru in 2017. The website has been developed by tourism department Prakash Utsav. A three-day international Sikh convention would be held in Patna early next year.
- Israel National Security Council has signed an agreement with which country undersecretary of state for Political affairs for development of anti-missile defense systems?
Answer – D.United States
Israel National Security Council head Yaakov Nagel and US Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Thomas Shannon signed the agreement at a ceremony in the US State Department Treaty held in Washington attended by US National Security Advisor Susan Rice and Israeli Ambassador to the US Ron Dermer.
- Which of the following bank is not allowed to issue the tags required for electronic toll collection?
A.State Bank of India
B.Punjab National Bank
D.Punjab and Sind Bank
Answer – D.Punjab and Sind Bank
The National Highways Authority (NHAI) reported that the government had expanded the number of lenders and wallets, who could issue the electronic tags for vehicle. The motive behind such move was to increase the number of automatic pass-throughs at toll plazas to 50 per cent in two years.
- Which firm has signed an agreement with Praj Industries for setting up multiple second Generations (2G) bio-ethanol plants based on indigenously developed technology?
Answer – C.IOCL
Praj Industries, a Pune-based global process solutions leader, was partnered with Indian Oil Corporation, India’s flagship National Oil Company, for setting up multiple second Generations (2G) bio-ethanol plants based on indigenously developed technology.
- Actress Priyanka Chopra bagged which position in Forbes List of Highest paid TV Actresses in the world?
Answer – D.8th
Priyanka Chopra bagged 8th position in Forbes List of Highest paid TV Actresses. Priyanka Chopra has become the first Indian star to enter the Forbes list of highest paid television actresses in the world. Colombian-American actress Sofia Vergara topped Forbes magazine’s annual list of best paid television actresses for the fifth year in a row, earning $43 million.
- Who has been selected for the 2015 National Humanities Medal by United President Barack Obama?
D.None of the above
Answer – C.Abraham Verghese
Indian-American physician-author Abraham Verghese, whose work has emphasised empathy in medicine, has been selected for the 2015 National Humanities Medal. President Barack Obama would confer the honour upon Verghese, along with 11 others, on September 21.
- Which Telecom Operation to be merged with Aircel to form the country’s fourth largest phone company in terms of customers and revenue?
Answer – D.Reliance
Reliance Communications to be merged with unlisted telecom operator Aircel, thereby marking the first move toward consolidation in the space and creating the country’s fourth-largest phone company in terms of customers and revenue.
- Who has been appointed as the President of World Bank?
A.Ban Ki Moon
C.Jim Yong Kim
Answer – C.Jim Yong Kim
World Bank President Jim Yong Kim effectively won a second five-year term after nominations to lead the global development bank no other candidates proposed. Kim, who was Korean-American medical doctor had focused the World Bank on programs to reduce extreme poverty, earned solid backing for a second term from the United States, France, Germany, China, and other major shareholders of the bank. The US is the World Bank’s largest shareholder.