Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Hindi Diwas is being celebrated on which date to remember the historic occasion of Hindi Language?
Answer – B.September 14th
Hindi Diwas is celebrated across the country on 14th of September to remember the historic occasion of the Hindi. It was started celebrating as a Hindi Diwas as Hindi written in Devnagari script was approved as an official language by the Constituent Assembly at 14th of September in the year 1949.
- A book titled ‘Shanti ki Talaash mein Zindagi‘ written by whom released by Uttarakhand Governor K K Paul on September 14,2016 in Dehradun?
Answer – A.Radhika Nagrath
A book titled ‘Shanti ki Talaash mein Zindagi‘ written by author and journalist Radhika Nagrath released by Uttarakhand Governor K K Paul on September 14,2016 in Dehradun. ‘Shanti ki Talaash mein Zindagi’ was written in Hindi language.
- Which team has won the 90th All India MCC Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament?
A.Punjab & Sind Bank
B.Indian Oil Corporation limited
Answer – C.Indian Railways
Indian Railways Team broke the unwritten rule with an impressive performance, barring the defeat to Punjab & Sind Bank in its group (Pool-B). At the final of the 90thAll-India MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup hockey tournament, Railways defeated defending champion Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) 2-1 to win the Trophy.
- Name the official website launched to curb a number of fake websites which have connection with the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
Answer – D.www.pmujjwalayojana.com
The official website of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana www.pmujjwalayojana.com launched to curb a number of fake websites which have connection with the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY). The website contains downloadable forms both in English and Hindi
- Which state government town and country planning department’s Hindi Website was launched by state minister Sudhir Sharma?
Answer – D.Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh Town and Country Planning department’s Hindi website was launched by Himachal Pradesh TCP Minister Sudhir Sharma. Himachal Pradesh become India’s first state to provide all TCP department services online
- Which company has agreed to acquire Mumbai based citrus pay for $130 million?
Answer – B.PayU
Online payments service provider, PayU owned by South Africa’s Naspers Group has agreed to buy Mumbai based rival Citrus Pay for $130 million (Rs 865 crore). The combined entity will compete with players like Paytm and Snapdeal-owned Freecharge. Amrish Rau, MD of Citrus Pay will become CEO of PayU in India.
- Vishvas Vidu Sapkal was appointed as the High Commissioner of India to which country?
A.Kingdom of Tongo
B.Republic of Fiji
Answer – A.Kingdom of Tongo
Vishvas Vidu Sapkal was appointed as the High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Tonga on September 14, 2016. Currently he was working as the High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Fiji.
- Which state is celebrating the Onam Festival every year to celebrate the auspicious 10 day long harvest festival of the state?
Answer – B.Kerala
Keralites all over the world celebrated the auspicious 10-day-long harvest festival of the state. It was being celebrated by people of all religions in the Malayalam month of Chingam every year. The State festival of Kerala marked the home-coming of the mythical King Mahabali, who was believed to have ruled Kerala years ago.
- Which state has became the second state in the country to achieve 100 percent electrification of households by report released by JM Financial?
Answer – C.Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh became the second state in the country after Gujarat to achieve 100 per cent electrification of households by the latest report. JM Financials published the report based on a national-level survey on electrification in various states.
- Name the Joint Military Training exercised has been launched at Uttarakhand to encourage the Indo-US Defence Co-operation?
A.Yudh Abhyas 2016
B.Yudh Karunya 2016
C.Yudha Marg 2016
Answer – A. Yudh Abhyas 2016
Indo-US defence co-operation, a joint military training exercise, ‘YudhAbhyas 2016’ was prepared to be conducted in Uttarakhand from September 14 to 27.The exercise in Chaubattia was being conducted by the headquarter Central Command.
- Which city hosted the two days India-US economic summit from September 14th 2016 to provide a valuable opportunity to assess developments across India-US trade relationship, economy and society?
D.None of the above
Answer – D.None of the above
Two days India – US economic summit began in New Delhi on September 14 to provide a valuable opportunity to assess developments across India-US trade relationship, economy and society. The summit is hosted by the chamber’s of North India council
- The Indian Government declared that the Country was free from which contagious influenza by the department of Animal Husbandry?
Answer – D.H5N1
The Indian government declared that the country wasfree from the contagious avian influenza (H5N1), also known as bird flu. The Department of Animal Husbandry under the Agriculture Ministry reported to the World Organization for Animal Health. However, the ministry stressed the need for continued surveillance.
- Which bank has tied up with Banaras Hindu University to offer specialized banking coursed to develop the design and curriculum of courses?
D.Syrian Catholic Bank
Answer – A. Axis Bank
Private sector Bank, Axis has tied up with Banaras Hindu University (BHU) to offer specialised banking courses. The bank along with the Faculty of Commerce at BHU will develop the design and curriculum of courses, besides deciding on e-learning modules, structure and course ware.
- Which mobile Manufacturer signed an MoU with the Haryana State to set up its phone manufacturing hub in Haryana?
Answer – C.Gionee
Gionee mobile phones signed an MoU(Memorandum Of Understanding) with the Haryana state government to set up its phone manufacturing hub in Haryana with an initial investment of Rs 500 crore.
- What is the rank hold by the State Bank of India Chief Arundhati Bhattacharya in the list of 50 most powerful women based outside the United States by Fortune Magazine?
Answer – B.2nd
State Bank of India (SBI) chief Arundhati Bhattacharya, ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar and Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma entered the list of 50 most powerful women based outside the United States by Fortune magazine.
- Who has bagged the Prestigious Lemelson – MIT prize worth $ 500,000 for his ground breading inventions to create solutions to improve lives globally?
Answer – C.Ramesh Raskar
An Indian born scientist Ramesh Raskar has bagged the prestigious Lemelson-MIT Prize worth $500,000 for his groundbreaking inventions to create solutions to improve lives globally. Nasik-born Ramesh Raskar, 46, is founder of the Camera Culture research group at the MIT Media Lab and an Associate Professor of Media Arts and Sciences.
- Who has been chosen to receive the Britannia Humanitarian Award at the British Academy Britannia Awards in California?
Answer – D.Ewan McGregor
Actor Ewan McGregor will receive the Britannia Humanitarian Award at the British Academy Britannia Awards in California next month. McGregor, the scottish star is a UK ambassador for United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF).