Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- What medal has been won by the Sikkim Sportsperson SushmitaRai at the World Martial Arts Mastership 2016 held at Cheongju in South Korea?
D.None of the above
Answer – C.Bronze
Sikkim girl Sushmita Rai won bronze at the World Martial Arts Mastership 2016 held at Cheongju in South Korea. She was among the 12-member Indian contingent who participated in the week-long event World Martial Arts Mastership 2016.
- Which country has been named as the best adventure destination for luxury travel by an international network of luxury travel specialists “Virtuoso”?
Answer – B.Iceland
Iceland was named as the best adventure destination for luxury travel by an international network of luxury travel specialists ‘Virtuoso‘. The report released by Virtuoso shows that 41 per cent of the travellers who are driving the demand for experiential holidays are between the ages of 50 and 65
- Name the application has been introduced by on demand healthcare service provider partnered with Spice Digital to launch a doctor on call service on BSNL Network?
Answer – D.VISIT
VISIT is an on-demand healthcare service provider, had partnered with Spice Digital to launch a doctor on call service on BSNL network and plans to tie-up with other telecom players to go national. The service, called ‘JIYO Behtar Expert Talk Health Line‘, had already been made live in North Zone with state-run BSNL as the first telecom partner.
- Whose has been appointed as the member of the Business and Sustainable Development Commission to help accelerate sustainable growth in Agri-business?
Answer – B.Sunny Verghese
Singapore-based Indian-origin businessman Sunny Verghese has become a member of the Business and Sustainable Development Commission. This institution aims to help accelerate sustainable growth in agri-business.
- Which state governor has been removed from the post after President Signed an order on September 12, 2016?
Answer – C.Arunachal Pradesh
Governor of Arunachal Pradesh Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa was sacked from the post after President Pranab Mukherjee signed an order removing Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa from the post of Arunachal Pradesh Governor on September 12, 2016. Meghalaya Governor V Shanmuganathan to take additional charge of the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh temporarily
- Name the girl has created history by ice skating for 10 metres under 11 bars placed a metre apart at a height of 33 centimetres from the ground in Gurgaon?
Answer – D.Shristi Sharma
Shristi Sharma(12) from Nagpur has created history by by ice skating for 10 metres under 11 bars placed a metre apart at a height of 33 centimetres from the ground at the iSkate rink in Gurgaon on 9th September 2016 at theiSkate rink in Gurgaon, Shristi made history
- Who has to be conferred with Kumaon Literary Festival’s FON – Fellows of Natures South Asia Short Story Award in Nature writing in October 2016?
Answer – D.Meghna Pant
Indian Writer Meghna Pant to be honored with Kumaon Literary Festival’s FON – Fellows of Nature South Asia Short Story Award in Nature writing in October for her short story “People of the Sun.”
- Which State government planned to abolish the stamp duty of 2% levied on immovable property while awarding the power of attorney?
Answer – C.Punjab
The Punjab Cabinet today decided to abolish the stamp duty of 2% levied on immovable property while awarding the power of attorney. A decision to this effect was taken by the Cabinet in a meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the proposal of Department of Consumer Affairs enhancing the buffer stock for which grains?
Answer – D.Pulses
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, had approved the proposal of Department of Consumer Affairs on enhancing the buffer stock for pulses up to 20 lakh tonnes. The specific variety of pulses and their respective quantities for the buffer stock, their phasing and procurement would be decided based on price and availability position, both domestic and global changes.
- Which phase of Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme has been approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs?
Answer – C.Third Phase
CCEA approves initiation of the Third Phase of Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP). The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs led by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi,has approved the proposal for initiation of the Third Phase of Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP).
- Which state to hold first Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Store inaugurated by MoS Mansukh Mandaviya at its capital?
Answer – B.Arunchal Pradesh
The Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilizers Shri Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated Arunachal Pradesh’s first Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Store at Naharlagun, Itanagar.
- Which country has completed the “World’s Highest Bridge” standing 1,850 feet above the ground?
Answer – A.China
China completes the ‘world’s highest bridge’ standing 1,850 feet above the ground. Beipanjiang Bridge is a whopping 565 metres above the ground (1,854 feet), which is nearly twice the height of the 95-storey skyscraper, The Shard in London.
- India has partnered with which country to explore greater collaboration in the area of defence and security on the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Partnership Agreement (CECPA)?
Answer – B.Mauritius
India and Mauritius on September 13 explored greater collaboration in the area ofdefence and security even as discussions on the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Partnership Agreement (CECPA) between the two countries restarted. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday met visiting Finance Minister of Mauritius Pravind Kumar Jugnauth.
- India is among the top prospective markets with total individual wealth of ______________ billion for global luxury brands.
Answer – B.USD 5600
India is among the 10 richest countries in the world with total individual wealth of USD 5,600 billion India is among the top prospective marets for luxury brands worldwide, with the country expected to see over two-fold growth in this segment in the next 10 years.
- Which state has initiated free bus rides for girl school students announced by state Transport minister Krishna Lal Panwar?
Answer – D.Haryana
Free bus rides for Haryana girl school students announced by Haryana Transport minister Krishan Lal Panwar. Free travel facility also extended to girl students on the state roadways buses. The order came in the wake of complaints by some girl students of Khandra village, who alleged that a bus driver did not halt the bus to allow them to board it.
- JLN canal is located in which state of India
Answer – C.Haryana
To achieve the goal of ‘Har KhetKo Pani’ (water to every field), the Haryana government todayapproved a Rs 143 crore project for re-construction of JawaharLal Nehru (JLN) Canal system.