Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation day is celebrated on which date to mark the importance of South-South Cooperation?
Answer – B.12th September
South-South cooperation is an important element of international cooperation for development that offers viable opportunities for developing countries and countries with economies in transition. The observance of the United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation would be changed from 19 December to 12 September
- Who has won the 2016 US Open Tennis Tournament in Men’s Singles Category held at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Centre?
Answer – A.Stan Wawrinka
The 2016 US Open was a tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It was the 136th edition of the US Open, the fourth and final Grand Slam event of the year. It took place at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
Men’s Singles, Winner – Stan Wawrinka, Runner – Novak Djokovic
- Which team has won the Durand Cup Football Title for the year 2016 held in New Delhi?
Answer – D.Army Green
Army Green won the Durand Cup Football Title. In the final of Asia‘s oldest football tournament in New Delhi, Army Green defeated Neroca FC 6-5 via penalty shoot outs. In the semi-final, Army Green had prevailed over Aizawal FC by a 4-2 margin, to become the first Army team since 2005 to reach the title clash.
- Researchers from which university and Georgia Tech has built a device that could see through paper and distinguish ink from blank paper to determine what is written on the sheets?
Answer – D.MIT
Researchers from MIT and Georgia Tech had built a device that could see through paper and distinguish ink from blank paper to determine what is written on the sheets. The prototype successfully identified letters printed on the top nine sheets of a stack of paper, and eventually the researchers hoped to develop a system that can read closed books that have actual covers.
- Which company has agreed to buy Samsung Electronics Company’s Printer business for $1.05 billion through open-market stock purchases?
Answer – B.HP
HP Inc. agreed to buy Samsung Electronics Company’s printer business for $1.05 billion. This transaction is expected to close within 12 months. After this deal, Samsung has agreed to make an equity investment of $100 million to $300 million in HP through open-market stock purchases.
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman & Managing Director of Shipping Corporation of India for three years?
A.Arjun Kumar Sharma
B.Anu Kumar Sharma
C.Anoop Kumar Sharma
D.Arvind Kumar Sharma
Answer – C.Anoop Kumar Sharma
Anoop Kumar Sharma appointed as the Chairman & Managing Director of Shipping Corporation of India for three years.
- Which firm has launched the World’s first multi-brand, paperless e-KYC platform for instant loan approval?
Answer – B.Bankbazaar.com
BankBazaar.com, India’s leading financial marketplace, had launched the world’s first multi-brand, paperless e-KYC platform for instant loan approval. This eliminated the need for physical document submission for loan approvals through the company’s online platform.Currently, the service is available for personal loans and car loans, a release issued by BankBazaar.com.
- Which country researchers has partnered with an Indian research foundation to develop a variety of salt-tolerant rice, conducted a broader project to address the issue of food security?
Answer – A.Australia
A team of Australian researchers has partnered with an Indian research foundation to develop a variety of salt-tolerant rice, conducted a broader project to address the issue of food security.
- Freecharge partnered with which bank on September 12th 2016 to launch Unified payments interface that that allows instant transactions from a smartphone using a virtual payment address (VPA)?
C.Catholic Syrian bank
Answer – D.Axis Bank
FreeCharge partnership with Axis Bank on September 12,2016 launched Unified Payments Interface (UPI) that allows instant transactions from a smartphone using a virtual payment address (VPA)
- Name the portal launched by the Central Board of Direct Taxes for online redressal to taxpayers grievances?
Answer – B.e-nivaran
e-nivaran(electronic resolution) for online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances launched by CBDT(Central Board of Direct Taxes). Taxpayers can register complaints related to delay in refunds, filing of e-returns, Tax Deducted at Source (TDS), PAN issues, and those pertaining to their Assessing Officer (AO).
- How many new worlds have been added in the latest edition of the Oxford English Dictionary?
Answer – B.1200
Yogalates is one of the 1,200 new words added in the latest edition of the Oxford English Dictionary (OED). OED is one of the largest and longest-running language research projects in the world said by chief editor of the OED, Michael Proffitt
- Which State Government opened an agriculture museum at Indira Gandhi KrishiVishwavidyalaya to provide information about special agricultural technique, related problems and their solution?
Answer – C.Chhattisgarh
An agriculture museum inaugurated at Indira Gandhi KrishiVishwavidyalaya (IGKV).Chhattisgarh Governor Balramji Das Tandon, Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh, Chief Minister Raman Singh and state agriculture minister BrijmohanAgrawal have participated at the inauguration ceremony. This Set up at a cost of Rs 4.92 crore. It aims to provide information about special agricultural techniques, agriculture-related problems and their solution.
- What is the toll free helpline number started by the Department of Post that will allow users across the country to register their grievances?
Answer – C.1924
The Department of Post (DoP) has launched a toll free helpline number ‘1924’ that will allow users across the country to register their grievances. The helpline will be operational from 8 AM to 8 PM on working days (xcluding holidays and Sundays) and can be extended 24*7.
- The coast Guard Declared to set up a new Air Enclave at which city to aerial surveillance of coast for helping search and rescue operations?
Answer – D.Mangalore
The Coast Guard was prepared an air enclave to step up aerial surveillance of Karnataka coast for helping in search and rescue operations and also to check maritime crimes. District Coast Guard’s Executive Officer Commandant Rajender Singh Sapal declared at a press meet held in the Coast Guard office that the agency was confident of a new Air Enclave being sanctioned for Mangalore.
- Union Government has signed anMoU with which country on cooperation in the field of Youth Affairs and Sports during the visit of Prime Minister?
Answer – C.Mozambique
The Union Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister ShriNarendraModi has been apprised of the MoU signed on July 07, 2016 between India and Mozambique on cooperation in the field of Youth Affairs and Sports during the visit of Prime Minister of India to Mozambique.