AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 1 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Where was PM Narendra Modi inaugurate the annual conference – Rajaswa Gyan Sangam, 2017 on 1st of Sep 2017?
3. Gandhi Nagar
5. New Delhi
Answer-5. New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the annual conference – Rajaswa Gyan Sangam, 2017 in New Delhi on 1st of Sep. He addressed the tax administrators during the conference.The Conference have been jointly organised by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC).The objective of the Conference is to enable a two-way communication between the policy-makers and the senior officers in the field offices.
- What rank that India’s Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has got according to the Scimago Institutions ranking World Report 2017?
Answer – 5.9th
On August 31,2017 India’s largest autonomous public research and development organisation Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has been ranked ninth best government organisation in the world. The institute has been ranked ninth amongst a total of 1,207 government institutions, according to the Scimago Institutions ranking World Report 2017.
- Who has announced that a new Youth Sports Centre to be built at Alipur, Delhi On September 1 , 2017?
1. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
2. Mr.Vijay Goel
3. Mr.Ram Kripal Yadav
4. Mr.Hardeep Singh Puri
Answer – 2. Mr.Vijay Goel
On September 1 ,2017 Minister Shri Vijay Goel has announced that a new Youth Sports Centre to be built at Alipur, Delhi. He said, the project could be used by rural youth who can avail the facility for their overall development and promotion of sports in rural areas of the capital. Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) and Sports Authority of India (SAI) will jointly create and run this unique Youth Sports Centre.
- Which campaign has launched by The Kerala Tourism department to target tourists from Saudi Arabia, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain and Qatar?
1. Vandanam Kerala
2. Yalla Kerala
3. Upakaaram Kerala
4. Saaramilla Kerala
5. suprabhaatham Kerala
Answer –2. Yalla Kerala
The Kerala Tourism department has launched a campaign called ‘Yalla Kerala’ (Yalla means lets go). It has been launched to target tourists from Saudi Arabia, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain and Qatar.This comes on the back of a promotional campaign launched in Dubai recently.It aimed at Arab travellers by showcasing the state’s backwaters and waterfalls on their city taxis.
- Which country with India jointly submitted a proposal to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) on on Aggregate Measurement of Support (AMS) calling for the elimination of farm subsidies by developed countries.
4. South Africa
Answer – 3.China
Recently on 18 July 2017 India and China jointly submitted a proposal to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) calling for the elimination of farm subsidies by developed countries. In WTO context, this trade distorting farm subsidies is called Aggregate Measurement of Support (AMS) or ‘Amber Box’. This is an important proposal by India and China in view of ongoing negotiations for the upcoming 11th Ministerial Conference of the WTO to be held in Buenos Aires in December 2017.
- Where did Sushma Swaraj attend Indian Ocean Conference?
1. Beijing ,China
2. Colombo , Srilanka
3. New Delhi,India
4. Thimpu , Bhutan
5. Dhaka , Bangladesh
Answer –2.Colombo , Srilanka
On august 31,2017 External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj travelled to Colombo to participate in the two-day Indian Ocean Conference in Colombo, Srilanka`India Foundation, a Delhi-based think tank, will host the Indian Ocean Conference 2017 (IOC) in collaboration with Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Singapore, and National Institute of Fundamental Studies (NIFS), Colombo (both research and study centres).
- Which country has officially signed first animal welfare and protection law 30th Aug 2017?
Answer – 1. Lebanon
Lebanese President Michel Aoun has officially signed an animal welfare and protection law. It guarantees that domestic and wild animals will be legally protected from abuse in the country announced on 30th Aug 2017.The law passed by parliament on 16th August. It outlines requirements for keeping domestic pets, regulations for zoos and pet shops, and penalties for violations with fines and upto 4 years in prison.
- Where did the International Hindu Conference held on 31st Aug 2017?
1. New York, America
2. Colombo , Srilanka
3. Tampines , Singapore
4. Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
5. Kathmandu, Nepal
Answer –5. Kathmandu, Nepal
The three-day International Hindu Conference began on 31st Aug 2017. Its aim is to reinstitute Kathmandu as the global capital of Hinduism.The theme of the conference is ‘Emerging spiritualism: Renaissance of Hinduism’. The aim of the conference is to make Kathmandu the global capital of Hinduism.
- How many per cent of the Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 denomination banknotes that had been invalidated had been returned according to RBI report?
Answer –2. 98.96%
As per the data released by the RBI, old notes worth Rs 15.44 lakh crore were there in the market out of which 15.28 lakh crore have been received by the bank.It means all but 1.4% of the old Rs 1,000 notes have come back into the banking system.As per the RBI report about 89 million units of the demonetised Rs 1,000 notes, worth Rs 8,900 crore, had not come back into the system.
- Who has been appointed as the Election Commissioner on 31st of Aug 2017?
1. Achal Kumar Joti
2. Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi
3. Sunil Arora
4. Rajiv Kumar
5. Anita Karwal
Answer – 3. Sunil:- Arora
Former IAS Officer Sunil Arora was appointed as the Election Commissioner on 31st of Aug 2017.While Achal Kumar Joti is the Chief Election Commissioner and Om Prakash Rawat is the other Election Commissioner.
- Rajiv Mehrishi appointed as Comptroller and Auditor General of India was a
1. Former Home Secretary
2. Former Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
3. Former Secretary of Health and Family Welfare
4. Former Minister of Human Resource Development
5. Former Minister of Minority Affairs
Answer – 1.Former Home Secretary
Former Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi has appointed the next Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India announced on 31st of Aug 2017.Shashi Kant Sharma completes his term as the CAG of India by September-end.
ii.The CAG is appointed for a term of six years or till the incumbent attains the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier.
- Who takes charge as NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman?
1. Arvind Panagariya
2. Rajiv Kumar
3. JY Pillay
4. Avinash Kumar
5. S.Chandrasekar reddy
Answer –2. Rajiv Kumar
Rajiv Kumar has taken over as the vice-chairman of government think tank Niti Aayog.Kumar replaced Arvind Panagariya, an Indian-American economist.Kumar was a senior fellow at the Centre for Policy Research (CPR).He holds a DPhil in economics from Oxford and a PhD from Lucknow University.
- Name of the Indian-Origin who appointed as Singapore’s acting president.
3. Mukhtar Abbas
5. J Y Pillai
Answer – 5. J Y Pillai
Indian-origin civil servant J Y Pillai appointed Singapore’s acting president
Indian-origin veteran civil servant JY Pillay has appointed Singapore’s acting President on 1st of Sept 2017. He has appointed until a new head of the state is elected.Pillay took over from Tony Tan Keng Yam who completed a six-year term.
He acted as president in May, when Tan made state visits to Europe.
- Who was first woman from Jharkhand awarded Dhyan Chand Award 2017?
1. Suraj Lata Devi
2. Lorraine Fernandes
3. Samurai Tete
4. Madhu Yadav
5. Monika Malik
Answer – 3. Samurai Tete
Samurai Tete first woman from Jharkhand to win Dhyan Chand Award
On the occasion of National Sports Day on 29th August Former India Women’s Hockey captain Sumurai Tete was awarded Dhyan Chand Award 2017 by the President Ramnath Kovind at a function held at Rasthrapati Bhawan in New Delhi.
Sumurai has become the first woman from Jharkhand to bag the prestigious national award.
- Which famous personality distributed National Level Awards to anganwadi workers at New Delhi on 31st Aug 2017?
1. Ambika soni
2. Maneka Gandhi
3. Dimple Yadav
4. Rabri devi
5. Sabitha Indra Reddy
Answer – 2. Maneka Gandhi
Maneka Gandhi gives national level awards to Anganwadi Workers
Minister of Women & Child Development , Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi has given National Level Awards to anganwadi workers at New Delhi on 31st Aug 2017.
The awards have been given for the purpose to recognize their exemplary voluntary service in the field of child development and related areas under the ICDS Scheme.The Awards for the year 2016-17 were given to 51 awardees and these awards are given annually.
- Which organization has announced winners of 2017 International Literacy Prizes on the occasion of International Literacy Day, celebrated on 8 September?
1. World Heritage Committee
2. Global Cultural Districts Network
3. The International Committee for the Conservation of the Industrial Heritage
4. Arab Regional Centre for World Heritage
5. The UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Answer – 5 . The UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
The UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has announced the winners of the 2017 International Literacy Prizes on the occasion of International Literacy Day, celebrated on 8 September.It has been given to honors excellence and innovation in the field of global literacy.The awards will be handed out to five laureates from Canada, Colombia, Jordan, Pakistan and South Africa.
- Name of the ISRO’s navigation satellite launch was unsuccessful on August 31,2017.
Answer – 2. IRNSS-1H
On august 31,2017, India’s ISRO failed in its attempt to launch its eighth regional navigation satellite (IRNSS-1H) from Sriharikota at 7pm. ISRO chief A.S. Kiran Kumar told, “There was no problem in any of the stages. But the heat shield has to separate. And once that happens the satellite gets into the orbit. It got separated internally. But it’s enclosed within the heat shield in the fourth stage”. As a result, the satellite got stuck in the fourth stage of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle–PSLV-C39.
- Who has presented a new line of microprocessor chips called ‘Ryzen Pro’ for commercial desktop workstations to be available in India and other countries by end of 2017?
Answer – 2. AMD
Chipmaker AMD has presented a new line of microprocessor chips called ‘Ryzen Pro’ for commercial desktop workstations to be available in India and other countries by end of 2017.At the global launch of Ryzen Pro leading PC makers HP, Dell and Lenovo introduced a new high-end workstations using Ryzen The Ryzen Pro desktop processor is an 8 core and 16 thread CPU and much faster than the rival Intel’s ‘Core i7’ which is of 4 core and 8 thread.The company has launched high-performance chips Ryzen 3, 5 and 7 for consumer PCs, a chip named Epyc for corporate servers and also a revamped graphics chip called Vega.
- Who is the author of “Immortal India” book?
1. Amish Tripathi
2. Kiran Desai
3. Vikram seth
4. Jumpa Lahiri
5. Salman Rushide
Answer – 1. Amish Tripathi
Amish, a best selling writer who has entertained readers with his mythological series on Lord Shiva and Lord Rama, has announced to launch his new book “Immortal India” in non-fiction category.It was published by Westland and Tranquebar Press.“Immortal India” brings together Tripathi’s fascinating style with his distinctively including original thoughts on a wide array of subjects like religion, LGBT rights, history, and feminism.
About Amish Tripathi
- Who was survived the Nagasaki atomic bomb in August 1945 has died of cancer at the age of 88?
4. Hachisuka Mochiaki
5. Ashikaga Yoshiakira
Answer – 1.Sumiteru Taniguchi
Sumiteru Taniguchi, Nagasaki Survivor and Nuclear Arms Foe, Dies at 88
A Japanese man Sumiteru Taniguchi who survived the Nagasaki atomic bomb in August 1945 has died of cancer at the age of 88.He became a prominent activist against nuclear weapons and was once considered as a front-runner for the Nobel Peace Prize.