Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs September 1 2016
- Which Cricketer has released his autobiography on September by Pan Mac Macmillan across the UK, Australia, New Zealand and India?
B.AB De Villiers
D.Alaistair CookAnswer – B.AB De Villiers
“AB: The Autobiography” will be released on September 8 by Pan Macmillan across the UK, Australia, New Zealand and India. The book will chronicle the journey of AB de played various sports before eventually realising and fulfilling his abilities with cricket.
- Which public sector undertaking signed an MoU with ICFRE for Environmental related issues in improving the rehabilitation and reclamation of the mined out areas?
D.None of the aboveAnswer – C.CIL
CIL& ICFRE Signs MoU for Environment Related Issues in Coal Mining Projects. The MoU will also help in improving the rehabilitation and reclamation of the mined out areas.
- Who has been appointed as the New Chancellor of TERI University after a successor of R.K Pachauri?
D.Manmohan SinghAnswer – A.Ashok Chawla
Former Finance Secretary Ashok Chawla has appointed as the new Chancellor of TERI university.He was a succeedor of R.K. Pachauri. Chawla is working as the Chairman of Teri since February 2016.
- Who has been sworn as new President of Brazil after serving as President in an acting capacity since 12th May 2016?
D.Charles MarinAnswer – A.Michel Temor
Michel Temer, Brazil’s former vice president, has been sworn in as the country’s new president. Michel Miguel Elias Temer Lulia is a Brazilian lawyer, poet and politician who has been the 37th President of Brazil since 31 August 2016, taking office after the impeachment and removal of his predecessor Dilma Rousseff.
- Which State Governor has taken the additional charge of Tamilnadu due to Current Governor Konijeti Rosaiah’s tenure ended on August 30?
D.PuducherryAnswer – A.Maharashtra
The governors of Maharashtra and Gujarat will hold the additional charge of the states Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh respectively. Governor of Maharashtra Ch Vidyasagar Rao will hold additional charge of the state Tamil Nadu and Governor of Gujarat Om Prakash Kohli will hold the additional charge of Madhya Pradesh.
- Which state hosted the two day BRICS Convention on Tourism was flagged off on September 1st 2016 represented by the Minister of Tourism, South Africa Mr. D.A. Hanekom and delegations from Russia and China?
D.BiharAnswer – B.Madhya Pradesh
The two-day BRICS Convention on Tourism was flagged off on September 1 in Khajuraho Madhya Pradesh. The BRICS nations were represented by the Minister of Tourism, South Africa Mr. D.A. Hanekom and delegations from Russia and China.
- What are the following statements is true about services launched recently as per Budget Announcements 2016-17?
I. Train Superintendent (TS) will be made single person responsible for all facilities on train.
II. Retiring Room can be booked for a minimum period of three hours up to a maximum period of 48 hours
III. Hourly booking is not allowed for the principle block of 12 hours period i.e. from 2100 hours to 0900 hours and the tariff would be charged on hourly basis.
C.I & II only
D.I, II and IIIAnswer – D.I, II and III
As mentioned in the Budget Announcements 2016-17, Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu launched following services from Rail Bhawan on 1st September 2016. The several services are as follows
- Who has been appointed as UN Women’s Advocate for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in India?
D.Madhuri DixitAnswer – B.Aishwaryaa Rajinikanth
Aishwaryaa, the eldest daughter of Tamil star Rajnikanth and wife of Acotr Dhanush joined the UN Family of Women, when she was appointed as UN Women’s Advocate for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in India. Aishwaryaa Rajinikanth Dhanush’s appointment was announced by Lakshmi Puri, UN Assistant Secretary General and UN Women Deputy Executive Director.
- Name the Indians has been conferred with Ramon Magsaysay Award for 2016 in Manila, Phillipines for their contributions on Music and campaigner for eradication of manual scavenging respectively?
A.T.M Krishna and Bezwada Wilson
B.Anshu Gupta and Sanjiv Chaturvedi
C.Sanjiv Chaturvedi and Thodur Madabusi Krishna
D.James Michael Lyngdoh and Haydee YoracAnswer – A.T.M Krishna and Bezwada Wilson
Two Indians Carnatic singer T.M. Krishna and campaigner for eradication of manual scavenging Bezwada Wilson were among six persons who received the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay award for 2016 in Manila.
- Name the mobile application launched by Digital payments Platform, MobiKwik and Samgra to promote the habit of saving among Urban poor?
D.M-SamagraAnswer – C.M-Gullak
Digital payments platform, MobiKwik and Samagra, an NGO serving urban poor launched “M-Gullak” in Pune to promote the habit of savings among Urban Poor. “M-Gullak” will provide ICT-enabled mobile wallet platform that enables users save in very small amounts at various locations, recharge phones, buy digital goods and transfer to their bank accounts.
- Which company has planned to set up a cyber-security centre in the heart of New Delhi to arm governments and private agencies with all-round intelligence on cyber-attacks within India?
Tech giant Microsoft is setting up a cyber-security centre in the heart of New Delhi to arm governments and private agencies with all-round intelligence on cyber-attacks within India.
- Which state has become the 15th state to ratify the Goods and Services Tax?
D.BiharAnswer – A.Goa
With Goa becoming the 15th state to ratify the goods and services tax (GST) bill, the legislation is now short of just one more state ratification before it is sent for presidential assent. Odisha, which has called for a special sitting of its legislative assembly, could become the 16th state to ratify it.
- Which state government signed an MoU with the Ministry of Civil Aviation under Regional Connectivity Scheme in order to boost regional Air connectivity?
The Gujarat government signed an MoU with the Ministry of Civil Aviation under the Regional Connectivity Scheme in order to boost regional air connectivity by developing small airports and airstrips in the state thereby attracting domestic airlines. This MoU was signed in presence of Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and union Civil Aviation minister Ashok Gajpathi Raju.
- Which state has decided to enter into Joint Venture agreement with Railways for rail projects in the state under the 51:49 equity partnership arrangements?
D.Andhra PradeshAnswer – A.Kerala
Kerala has decided to enter into joint venture agreement with Railways for rail projects in the state under the 51:49 equity partnership arrangement. Projects under consideration include introduction of suburban rail service between Thiruvananthapuram and Chengannur, construction of Angamali-Sabari rail line, Nilambur-Nanjangode line, Guruvayoor-Tirunavaya line, Kochi-Madurai line, Thalassery-Mysore line, laying of rail container track to Cochin International Airport and setting up of Palakkad rail coach factory.
- Union Minister for Chemical and Petrochemicals has inaugurated INDIA-CHEM 2016 International Conference held at which city?
D.LucknowAnswer – B.Mumbai
Union Minister for Chemicals and Petrochemicals Anant Kumar has inaugurated INDIA-CHEM 2016 International Conference in Mumbai. The 3-day 9th Biennial International Exhibition and Conference begun in Mumbai includes 23 countries, 282 exhibitors alone.Union Minister Anant Kumar inaugurated INDIA-CHEM 2016
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification