Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The five-day long Durga Puja was celebrated by the Hindu community in which state of India?
Answer – D.Nagaland
The five-day long Durga Puja was celebrated by the Hindu community throughout the state of Nagaland. The Puja celebration began with Sasthi Puja, followed by Mahasaptami, Mahaashtami, Mahanavami, and the Bijaya Dashami, when the celebration would culminate.
- Which centre has been launched by the Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis which spread over 7,000 square feet at Nariman Point in south Mumbai?
Answer – A.MCIA
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis launched the Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration (MIA), spread over 7,000 square feet at Nariman Point in south Mumbai. The Mumbai Centre is an integral part of the proposed International Financial Services Centre (IFSC). It would have seven arbitration hearing rooms for the resolution of commercial disputes.
- Which board had been reconstituted with P S Raghavan, former Ambassador to Russia, as its head?
A.Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
B.Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
C.National Security Advisory Board (NSAB)
D.Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
Answer – C.National Security Advisory Board (NSAB)
The National Security Advisory Board (NSAB) had been reconstituted with P S Raghavan, former Ambassador to Russia, as its head.The NSAB deals with internal and external security, foreign affairs, defence, science and technology and economic affairs and normally meets at least once in a month.
- Which Prime Minister would arrive in New Delhi by three-day visit to India for discussing issues of mutual interest?
B.Pushpa Kamal Dahal
Answer – A.Ranil Wickremesinghe
Sri Lanka Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe would arrive in New Delhi for a three-day visit to India.During his stay, he would meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi and discuss issues of mutual interest. They had decided to conclude an enhanced bilateral economic partnership by the end of this year to allow the free flow of services between the two nations.
- How many Indian-Americans are among the 400 richest people in the US, according to a Forbes list?
Answer – C.Five
Five Indian-Americans are among the 400 richest people in the US, according to a Forbes list. They are Symphony Technology founder Romesh Wadhwani, Co-founders of outsourcing firm Syntel Bharat & Neerja Desai, Airline veteran Rakesh Gangwal, Entrepreneur John Kapoor and Silicon Valley angel investor Kavitark Ram Shriram.
- Which organisation had asserted that adoption of GST (Goods and Services) tax recently would boost India’s medium-term growth?
A.Small Industries Development Bank of India
B.World Economic Forum
D.International Monetary Fund
Answer – D.International Monetary Fund
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) had asserted that adoption of GST (Goods and Services) tax would boost India’s medium-term growth. India’s strong reform push in 2016 was welcome and should continue quickly. Adoption of the goods and services tax is self -contained to boost India’s medium-term growth was announced by the IMF in its latest Asia Pacific regional economic update.
- Doordarshan along with which University had entered into an agreement for transmission of four Gyan Darshan educational channels?
A.Indira Gandhi National Open University
C.University of Delhi
D.Banaras Hindu University
Answer – A.Indira Gandhi National Open University
Doordarshan and Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) had entered into an agreement for transmission of four GyanDarshan educational channels. IGNOU now needed to apply for a fresh license to start the uplinking of its channels for GSAT-10 satellite, as under the plinking and Downlinking Guidelines of the I&B Ministry, it is not eligible for the grant of a license.
- What is the position of India is expected to become the largest coal producer and US by 2020 according to BMI research?
Answer – D.2nd
India is expected to become the second largest coal producer and US as the world’s biggest coal producer after China by 2020 according to BMI research. US and other countries are moving faster toward replacing the fuel with cleaner energy sources such as natural gas to meet tougher emissions standards.
- What is the position of India which is stated by Union Minister for Steel Birender Singh would become the biggest steel manufacturer in the world by year-end currently?
Answer – B.Second
Union Minister for Steel Birender Singh stated that India would become the second biggest steel manufacturer in the world by year-end Currently, China is the largest steel manufacturing country followed by Japan and produces five times more steel than India.
- Which state government organised the Guinness Record entrants – traditional state festival of ‘Bathukamma’ on a grand scale at the Lal Bahadur stadium?
Answer – B.Telangana
The Telangana government organised the Guinness Record entrants – traditional state festival of ‘Bathukamma’ on a grand scale at the Lal Bahadur stadium in Hyderabad. With participation of 9,292 women, surpassed the Onam dance organised in Kerala in 2015 in which 5,015 women had participated, the festival entered the Guinness Record Book.
- Who has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Austria is served as Former Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of the 1988 batch?
Answer – C.Renu Pall
Former Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of the 1988 batch , Ms. Renu Pall has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Austria. It was announced by Ministry of External Affairs.
- Which Lieutenant General assumed command of the White Knight Corps (16 Corps) from Lieutenant General RR Nimbhorkar on October 10 2016?
Answer – D.AK Sharma
Lieutenant General AK Sharma assumed command of the White Knight Corps (16 Corps) from Lieutenant General RR Nimbhorkar on October 10 2016. He was commissioned in 1980 into 2 SIKH, a unit which he later commanded on the line of control and during ‘Operation Parakram’.
- Which sportsperson won the Japan Grandprix at Suzaka Circuit in Suzaka?
Answer – A.Nico Roseberg
Nico Roseberg of Germany and Mercedes GP won the Japan Grandprix at Suzaka Circuit in Suzaka. Red Bull’s Max Verstappen Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton finished the GP with second and third respectively. While the Ferraris of Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen finished fourth and fifth.
- Which date is observed as World Post day every year all over the world by commemorating the date for the establishment of Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in Bern, Switzerland?
Answer – A.October 9
World Post day observed each year on October 9 all over the world to commemorating the date for the establishment of Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in Bern, Switzerland. The objective is to increase the awareness of people about the postal sector role for people and businesses every day.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a series of works dedicated to the philosophy of ________________ in New Delhi on October 9 2016.
B.Pandit Rama Bhai
C.Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
D.Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay
Answer – D.Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a series of works dedicated to the philosophy of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay in New Delhi on October 9 2016. As part of efforts to spread the message of BJP ideologue Deen Dayal Upadhyay in his birth centenary year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a series of works dedicated to the philosophy of the former Jana Sangh chief.
- Name the horse which has received the special soldier medals by ITBP Director General Krishna Chaudhary?
Answer – D.Thunderbolt
The initiative has been taken by Sino-India border guarding force ITBP which has instituted an ‘Animal Transport’ and a ‘K9’ (canine) medal and has chosen its workhorse ‘Thubderbolt’ and female dog ‘Sophia’ for the maiden decoration to be awarded to them during its forthcoming 55th anniversary celebrations. The special medals were recently approved by ITBP Director General Krishna Chaudhary.
- Which politics party won the Morocco’s national elections 2016 ?
A.Authenticity and Modernity Party (PAM)
B.Party of Progress and Socialism (PPS)
C.National Rally of Independents (RNI)
D.Justice and Development Party (PJD)
Answer – D.Justice and Development Party (PJD)
The moderate Islamist Party of Justice and Development had won Morocco’s national elections, despite frustration with its handling of the economy in its five years leading the government and a challenge from a party close to the royal palace.