AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 8 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- In which city of Gujarat, Prime minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation to a new airport?
5. BarodaAnswer – 3.Rajkot
Gujarat government had proposed this new Greenfield Airport at Hirasar, Rajkot, as the existing airport in Rajkot is capacity constrained with no further scope for expansion.
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi launch Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan Scheme?
5. PorbandarAnswer – 1. Gandhinagar
During his Gujarat visit, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan Scheme aimed at imparting digital literacy to citizens in rural areas.
- The embarkation Points (congregation place from where all the Hajis start the journey) in Haj policy have been reduced from 21 to ____________.
5. 10Answer – 3.9
Embarkation Points (congregation place from where all the Hajis start the journey) to be reduced from 21 to 9. The 9 embarkation Points which have been retained are (1) Delhi (2) Lucknow (3) Kolkata (4) Ahmedabad (5) Mumbai (6) Chennai (7) Hyderabad (8) Bengaluru and (9) Cochin.
- Which country is considered to be the second largest supplier of about 19% of our crude oil imports and also 29% of LPG imports to India?
3. Saudi Arabia
5. BahrainAnswer – 3. Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia is considered to be the second largest supplier of about 19% of our crude oil imports and also 29% of LPG imports to India after Iraq. During 2016-17, India imported about 39.5 MMT of crude from Saudi Arabia.
- Name the state government has launched Northeast labour ministers’ meeting.
5.MizoramAnswer – 2. Manipur
Manipur government hosts Northeast labour ministers’ meeting. Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh has addressed a regional conference of north east labour ministers and officials to take a sincere effort to end the alienation of people from the north east on 6th Oct. 2017.
- ‘Mera Houchongba’ is which state’s traditional festival?
5. AssamAnswer – 3. Manipur
Manipur’s traditional Mera Houchongba festival symbolizes brotherhood and unity among indigenous communities settled in both hill and valley of State.It was celebrated at the Manipur Royal palace (Sana Konung) in Imphal in the presence of King of Manipur, Leishemba Sanajaoba as the main host.
- Where did a BRICS themed subway train with carriages representing the five member nations – Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa has start test operations?
5. South AfricaAnswer – 2. China
A BRICS-themed subway train with carriages representing the five member nations – Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa has started test operations in China’s south-eastern Xiamen city.
- In the BRICS-themed subway train with carriages, Indian Carriage is represented by________.
1. country’s ballet and matryoshka dolls.
2. elephants and yoga
3. footballs and football stars
4. pictures of diamonds
5.peacock and ashok chakraAnswer – 2. elephants and yoga
The Chinese carriage is red and displays icons such as the Great Wall and Tian’anmen Square.Russian carriage shows off the country’s ballet and matryoshka dolls.
Brazilian carriage is green and decorated with images of footballs and football stars. South African carriage displays pictures of diamonds.The Indian carriage depicts elephants and yoga.
- . IDBI Bank informed that its promoter the government of India, has increased its stake in the company to 77.79% by acquiring 3.81% shares through _________.
1. Preferential allotment
2. Initial public offer
3. Right shares
4. Bonus shares
5. Secondary offeringAnswer – 1.Preferential allotment
IDBI Bank informed that its promoter the government of India, has increased its stake in the company to 77.79% by acquiring 3.81% shares through preferential allotment.
- 10. Who is the present chairman of SEBI?
4. Ajay Tyagi
5. RaguramrajanAnswer – 4.Ajay Tyagi
SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi has been named among the world’s top 10 regulators in the Market structure. He has placed seventh position among the top 10 regulators worldwide.
- Which entity has signed a MoU with National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC) for developing electric vehicle charging infrastructure in upcoming development projects in India?
1. Fortum Oyj, Finland
2. Imatran Voima, Finland
3. Neste Oy , Finland
4. Suomi Power Networks, Finland
5. Federiks Sata Energi Net, FinlandAnswer – 1. Finlands Fortum Oyj
Finlands Fortum Oyj MoU has been made only for co- operative institutional relationship and does not involve any joint venture or financial implication.
- In which two sectors Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed two more advance pricing agreements (APAs) with taxpayers?
1. Insurnce and Banking sectors
2. Garment and Weaving sectors
3. Automobile and Healthcare consulting sectors.
4. Food processing and Healthcare sectors
5. Tourism and Automobile sectorAnswer – 3. automobile and healthcare consulting sectors.
On October 6, 2017, Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) said it has signed two more advance pricing agreements (APAs) in September 2017 with Indian taxpayers.hese two latest APAs pertain to automobile and healthcare consulting sectors.Including these two agreements, CBDT has so far entered into 177 APAs, out of which 164 are unilateral and 13 are bilateral.
- Which Private Sector bank has announced that it has completed the acquisition of Freecharge?
1. Oriental bank
2. City union bank
3. HDFC bank
4. Federal bank
5. Axis BankAnswer – 5.Axis Bank
Axis Bank has completed the acquisition of Freecharge for a cash consideration of 373.27 crore.It has also announced appointment of Sangram Singh as the CEO of Freecharge Payment Technologies Private Ltd.
- Gulbarga region of Karnataka was recently in news. The area is known for its______.
1. limestone mines
3. coal mines
4. 1 and 2
5. 1 and 3Answer – . 4. 1 and 2 ( limestone mines and crushers)
Gulbarga is situated in Deccan Plateau located at 17.33°N 76.83°E and the general elevation ranges from 300 to 750 meters above mean sea level. Two main rivers, Krishna and Bhima, flow in the district. Black soil is predominant soil type in the district.
- On which occasion Prasar Bharati Chairman A Surya Prakash has launched an online application system for music auditions for the All India Radio (AIR)?
1. 64th Akashvani Sangeet Sammelan.
2. 69th Akashvani Sangeet Sammelan.
3. 61th Akashvani Sangeet Sammelan.
4. 67th Akashvani Sangeet Sammelan.
5. 63th Akashvani Sangeet Sammelan.Answer – 1.64th Akashvani Sangeet Sammelan.
On Oct. 5 2017, National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC) has signed a MoU with Finlands Fortum Oyj for developing electric vehicle charging infrastructure in upcoming development projects in India.
- Where was 20th Asia Masters Athletics Championship held?
4. Rugao, China
5. Hiroshima,JapanAnswer – 4.Rugao, China.
India finished second in 20th Asia Masters Athletics Championship held in Rugao, China. and bagged 146 medals, including 37 golds, 43 silvers and 66 bronze.China was topped.
- On what date Indian Air-force day will be celebrated?
1. Oct 3
2. Oct 5
3. Oct 8
4. Oct 6
5. Oct 7Answer – 3.October 8
On October 8 2017, The Indian Air Force (IAF) celebrated its 85th anniversary. The celebrations were marked by a stellar show in the skies by various aircraft at the Hindon Air Force Station in Ghaziabad.
- Where is the IAF Headquarters located?
5. New DelhiAnswer – 5. New Delhi
The Indian Air Force is the air arm of the Indian armed forces. Its complement of personnel and aircraft assets ranks fourth amongst the airforces of the world.
♦ Headquarters – New Delhi
♦ Chief of the Air Staff (CAS) – Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh
- Where is the Headquarters of The International Olympic Committee (IOC)?
1. Brookyln, New York
2. Lausanne, Switzerland
3. Hirshima, Japan
4. Sanfransisco, USA
5. Geneva, SwitzerlandAnswer – 2. Lausanne, Switzerland
Lausanne, Switzerland is the Headquarters of The International Olympic Committee (IOC)
The stated mission of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) is to promote Olympic throughout the world and to lead the Olympic Movement.
- Where did scientist identify a bacteria named Allostreptomyces indica YIM 75704T?
5. TamilNaduAnswer – 1. Karnataka
Bacteria named as Allostreptomyces indica YIM 75704T, the bacterium belonged to Streptomycetaceae, a family of bacteria are largely found in soil and decaying vegetation. Most of them produce chains of spores and some are noted for their distinct ‘earthy’ odor that results from production of a volatile metabolite called geosmin.