Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which edition of Air Force Day is celebrated at the Hindon Air Base in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh on October 8th 2016?
D.86Answer – B.84
84th Air Force Day is celebrated at the Hindon Air Base in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh on October 8 2016. It was officially established on October 8, 1932. The India Air Force has been engaged in the four wars with the Pakistan and one with People’s Republic of China after its independence.
- Name the Hurricane that hit Florida along the Atlantic coast and drenched the state with rain and as strong winds pushed waves over beaches?
D.IreneAnswer – C.Matthew
Floridians along the Atlantic coast were coping with rising water as Hurricane Matthew drenched the state with rain and as strong winds pushed waves over beaches.
- The Supreme Court stayed the Commercial release of the genetically modified variety of which Vegetable till October 2017?
D.MustardAnswer – D.Mustard
The Supreme Court stayed the commercial release of the genetically modified (GM) variety of mustard till October 17 following a petition as this could have severe consequences on the environment and human health.
- Who has been appointed as Brand Ambassador of Vizag Steel by R Ramakrishnan, Director and Co-Founder Baseline Ventures?
D.Shashi MalikAnswer – C.PV Sindhu
Indian professional badminton player P V Sindhu was roped as brand ambassador of Vizag Steel. It was announced by R Ramakrishnan, Director and Co-founder Baseline Ventures.
- The President of China Xi Jinping appointed Luo Zhaohui as New Ambassador to which country by replacing Le Yucheng?
D.PakistanAnswer – C.India
Explanation: China’s envoy to Canada, Luo Zhaohui (54) is appointed as China’s new ambassador to India by the President of China Xi Jinping on October 8, 2016. He will replace Le Yucheng.
- Which Airport Terminal 3 has achieved “Platinum” rating from Indian Green Building Council?
A.Sardar Vallabhi Patel International Airport
B.Chatrabathi Sivaji International Airport
C.Anna International Airport
D.Indira Gandhi International AirportAnswer – D.Indira Gandhi International Airport
According to the Delhi International Airport Limited, Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport’s (IGIA) Terminal 3 (T3) has achieved “Platinum” rating from Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
- Who has bagged the 24th Ekalabya Award for the year in recognition of her Sporting Excellence?
B.Deep Grce Ekka
D.All the aboveAnswer – D.All the above
Sprinter Srabani Nanda has bagged the 24th Ekalabya Award for the year 2016 in recognition of her sporting excellence. Hockey players Deep Grace Ekka and Dipsan Tirkey will receive a cash prize of Rs 50,000.
- Which Public sector undertaking has announced a start up scheme with a corpus amount of Rs. 30 crore?
D.BPCLAnswer – B.IOCL
Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has announced a start-up scheme with a corpus amount of Rs.30 crore. Start-up scheme will promote collaborative research, develop an innovative ecosystem, nurture entrepreneurship, boost start-ups with rural orientation and open up avenues for young employees of IOC to launch start-up projects.
- Which country Prime Minister had visited India for a five day aimed at deepening bilateral ties in a range of areas including trade and investment?
D.NepalAnswer – C.Singapore
Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong arrived in India for a five day visit (October 3 to October 7) aimed at deepening bilateral ties in a range of areas including trade and investment.
- The Reserve Bank of India had granted in-principle approval to how many payments banks as on September 2015?
D.13Answer – B.11
The Reserve Bank of India issued separate operating guidelines for payments banks and small finance banks in view of their differentiated nature of business and focus on financial inclusion. The RBI had granted in-principle approvals to 11 payments banks (August 2015) and 10 small finance bank (September 2015).
- President had lifted US economic sanctions on which country, terminating an emergency order that deemed the policies of the former military government a threat to US national security?
D.MyanmarAnswer – D.Myanmar
President Barack Obama had lifted US economic sanctions on Myanmar, terminating an emergency order that deemed the policies of the former military government a threat to US national security.
- Which year is the deadline for Union Government to completely seal the India-Pakistan border as part of an extensive plan to monitor the country’s frontier security?
D.2020Answer – B.2018
The government would “completely seal” the India-Pakistan border by December 2018, was announced by Union home minister Rajnath Singh as part of an extensive plan to monitor the country’s frontier security.
- Name the scheme which was inaugurated by Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal at Guwahati to give training for unemployed youths?
A.Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
B.Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra
C.Pradhan Mantri Vikas Kendra
D.Pradhan Mantri Mandal KendraAnswer – B.Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated first Model Skill Development Centre “Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra” at Panjabari, Guwahati. It is an initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and National Skill Development Corporation.
- Union Petroleum Minister along with the state Chief Minister have launched the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in which state to provide free LPG connections?
D.GujaratAnswer – C.Maharashtra
Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan in the presence of CM Devendra Fadnavis launched the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) in Maharashtra to provide free LPG connections
- Which Government has allocated 40.68 hectare land in Hingloi to Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) for LIGO India Project?
D.MizoramAnswer – C.Maharashtra
Maharashtra government has allocated 40.68 hectare land in Hingloi to Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) for LIGO India Project. The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) project that was given the in-principle approval by the Cabinet planned to construct in Hingoli district, Maharashtra
- Which of the following country to host the Asian ministerial conference for disaster risk reduction on November 3-5 , 2016 ?
D.ChinaAnswer – A.India
India will host the Asian ministerial conference for disaster risk reduction next month which will focus on partnership with governments and stakeholders to imbibe the practices in the region’s development narrative.
- The World’s First Bionic Olympics held in which of the following country ?
D.SwitzerlandAnswer – D.Switzerland
The World’s First Bionic Olympics began on October 8, 2016 in Zurich, Switzerland. More than 70 competitors from 25 countries participated in this event.It was organised by ETH Zurich collaboration with the Swiss National Center of Competence in Robotics Research.