Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs October 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In which place, The India Economic Summit of the World Economic Forum (WEF) was held in partnership with the Confederation of Indian Industry?
D.PatnaAnswer – A.New Delhi
The India Economic Summit of the World Economic Forum (WEF) was held in partnership with the Confederation of Indian Industry in New Delhi, will provide a strategic platform for the WEF’s global multi-stakeholder community to discuss and debate the theme Fostering an Inclusive India through Digital.
- In which state, Hatupur Diamond mineral block was successfully auctioned by having a precious stone deposit worth of Rs. 106 crore?
D.Himachal PradeshAnswer – B.Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh’s diamond mineral block had been auctioned. The block was believed to have a precious stone deposit worth Rs 106 crore .This is the first diamond mineral block of the country which has gone under the hammer. Hatupur Diamond mineral block was successfully auctioned at Panna district in the Madhya Pradesh.
- Who has inaugurated the Green building and Shatabdi Krishi Bhawan at Banaras Hindu University (BHU) in the wake of holding a review meeting VCs of Central Universities?
B.Ravi Shankar Prasad
D.Prakash JavadekarAnswer – D.Prakash Javadekar
The Union Minister of Human Resource and Development, Prakash Javadekar inaugurated the Green building and Shatabdi Krishi Bhawan at Banaras Hindu University (BHU) in the wake of holding a review meeting VCs of Central Universities. The Shatabdi Krishi Bhawan under the Institute of Agricultural Sciences, BHU had been so named to commemorate the Centenary year of University.
- Which state became the 17th state to join UDAY scheme would help the state save around Rs.9,725 crore on account of cheaper funds and cut in AT&C losses?
D.KeralaAnswer – C.Maharashtra
Maharashtra had become the 17th state to join the UDAY scheme, meant for financial turnaround of debt-laden power distribution utilities, and it would help the state save around Rs.9,725 crore on account of cheaper funds and cut in AT&C losses. Government of India signed a (MOU) with Government of Maharashtra and Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd. (MSEDCL) under the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY).
- In which railway station, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagging-off the first freight train featured with solar power to run fans and lights?
A.Charbagh Railway Station, Lucknow
B.Safdarjung Railway Station, Delhi
C.Howrah Station, Kolkata
D.Chhatrapati Shivaji Railway Station, MumbaiAnswer – B.Safdarjung Railway Station, Delhi
Union Minister for Railways Suresh Prabhu flagging-off the first freight train which featured a newly-developed guard van, which uses solar power to run fans and lights at Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station. The Guard’s toilet has also been modified to a zero discharge bio toilet and also features GPRS aided monitoring system.
- The 20th ASEAN Regional Forum– Heads of Defence Universities / Colleges / Institutions Meet was held at which place?
D.New DelhiAnswer – D.New Delhi
The 20th ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) – Heads of Defence Universities / Colleges / Institutions Meet (HDUCIM) held in New Delhi.The meeting was hosted by the National Defence College (NDC), New Delhi under the aegis of Ministry of Defence. The next ARF meet to be held in Manila in 2017. It will host by National Defence College of Philippines.
- What is the rank of Indian pharmaceutical companies in the Biopharmaceutical Competitiveness & Investment (BCI) Survey?
D.22thAnswer – A.19th
Indian pharmaceutical companies have ranked at the bottom position in the recently conducted 2016 Biopharmaceutical Competitiveness & Investment (BCI) Survey. India has been ranked No. 19 in a 28-nation survey of biomedical investment attractiveness of countries, with an overall score of 59 out of 100.
- India’s biggest-ever spectrum auction ended with the Centre garnering _________ in revenue.
D.Rs.65,789 croreAnswer – D.Rs.65,789 crore
India’s biggest-ever spectrum auction ended with the Centre garnering Rs.65,789 crore in revenue. An upfront payment of Rs.32,000 to be received by the government in the current year is the highest in four years. Still the figure fell short of the budgetary target of Rs.64,000 crore for the current financial year.
- Former Chief Information Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi has authored an e-book in order to provide a better interpretation of which Rights in Indian Constitution?
A.Right to Equality
B.Right to Education
C.Right to Information
D.Right to VoteAnswer – C.Right to Information
Former CIC Shailesh Gandhi has authored an e-book in order to provide a better interpretation of the Right To Information legislation for common people. The 81-page e-book named ‘RTI Act- Authentic Interpretation of The Statute’ has been uploaded on www.Satyamevajayate.info
- Who has won the Girls under-16 title in the World Youth Chess Championship in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia?
D.Mobina AlinasabAnswer – C.Aaakanksha Hagawane
Aakanksha Hagawane scripted her name in the history books when she won the girls’ under-16 title in the World Youth Chess Championships in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia. She added her name to an exclusive list of Indians to win a World Chess Championship title.
- Which country scientists announced the discovery largest dinosaur ever found in South America’s biggest country?
D.BoliviaAnswer – A.Brazil
Brazilian scientists announced the discovery largest dinosaur ever found in South America’s biggest country. Researchers announced their discovery after analysing fossilised bones of the giant, long-necked herbivore, which faded in a storage cupboard for 60 years.
- Which country researchers have developed the smallest transistor reported to date, breaking a major size barrier with a gate only one nanometer long?
D.NorwayAnswer – B.US
The research team led by Ali Javey from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) in the US created the new transistor with a working one-nanometre gate. For comparison, a strand of human hair is about 50,000 nanometres thick.
- Who has been elected as the Chairman of the Indian Banks’ Association for the Financial Year 2016-17 at IBA meeting held in Mumbai on October 7 2016?
D.Arundhati BhattacharyaAnswer – A.Rajeev Rishi
Rajeev Rishi was elected as the Chairman of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for the financial year 2016-17 at IBA meeting held in Mumbai on October 7 2016. Presently he was working as the CMD of Central Bank of India. He will replace Ashwani Kumar.
- Which Country has appointed Former NASSCOM Chairman BVR Mohan Reddy as an Honourary Consul of that country in Hyderabad?
D.VenezuelaAnswer – C.Germany
Germany has appointed former Nasscom Chairman B V R Mohan Reddy as an Honourary Consul of that country in Hyderabad. Mohan Reddy will be the Consul for Germany in Telangana and Hyderabad.
- Who has received the Norwegian Nobel Peace Prize for the year 2016?
A.Juan Manuel Santos
D.John KathAnswer – A.Juan Manuel Santos
The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2016 to Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos for his resolute efforts to bring the country’s more than 50-year-long civil war to an end, a war that has cost the lives of at least 220 000 Colombians and displaced close to six million people. Juan Manuel Santos Calderón is the 32nd and current President of Colombia and sole recipient of the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Which bank released the report of the Internal Working Group on Rationalisation of Branch Authorisation Policy?
A.International Monetary Fund
C.Reserve Bank of India
D.BRICS BankAnswer – C.Reserve Bank of India
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the Report of the Internal Working Group (IWG) on Rationalisation of Branch Authorisation Policy. The Group is chaired by Lily Vadera, Chief General Manager, Department of Banking Regulation.
- Indian pharmaceuticals sector seeked major support from which country market, Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that the share of India in that drug market?
D.GermanyAnswer – C.Japan
Indian pharmaceuticals sector seeked major support from the Japanese market, Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that the share of India in the Japanese drug market. The demand for generic medicines in Japan and India’s capability to meet this demand can prove a win-win for both countries
- The two day State Power Ministers Conference held in which city ?
D.VadodaraAnswer – D.Vadodara
Government of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Government of Maharashtra and Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd. (MSEDCL) under the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) at the two-day State Power Ministers Conference in Vadodara.