AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 5 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who inaugurated the Golden Jubilee Year Celebrations of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi?
1.Mr Ram Nath Govind
4.Mr. Prakash Javadekar
5. Smt. Smriti Zubin IraniAnswer – 2. Mr.Narendra Modi
On 4th October 2017, Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi inaugurated the Golden Jubilee Year Celebrations of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Who was inaugurated ‘Paryatan Parv’, 20 days tourist festival to promote India to all over India at the Humayun’s Tomb, New Delhi?
1. Dr.Harsha Vardhan
2.Mr. Rajnath Ram Badan Singh
3. Dr. Jitendra Singh
5. Dr.Mahesh SharmaAnswer – 5. Dr.Mahesh Sharma
On 5th to 25th October 2017, the Ministry of Tourism conducts ‘Paryatan Parv’, a tourist festival to promote India to Indians, all over India. This festival was inaugurated at the Humayun’s Tomb, New Delhi by Dr.Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State for Culture. ‘Paryatan Parv’ is a tourism festival in which state governments and 18 central ministries take part. This festival will be conducted for 20 days.
- Who approved the Delhi government’s student higher education loan scheme, in New Delhi on 5th Oct, 2017?
1. Ministry of Education
2. Ministry of Development
3. Ministry of Planning
4. Lieutenant Governor
5. Ministry of HomeAnswer – 4. Lieutenant Governor
On 5th October 2017, Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal approved the Delhi government’s students higher education loan scheme, in New Delhi.
- Name the State Cabinet has approved Heritage Tourism policy & ‘Mukhya Mantri Rural Road Repair Scheme’.
1. Arunachal Pradesh
4. Himachal Paradesh
5. Jammu & KashmirAnswer – 4. Himachal Paradesh
On October 4, 2017, Himachal Pradesh Cabinet under Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh approved ‘Heritage Tourism Policy 2017’ & ‘Mukhya Mantri Rural Road Repair Scheme’ along with other developmental and welfare initiatives.
- Where will the Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017 to be Held?
2. New Delhi
5. HyderabadAnswer – 5. Hyderabad
On October 3, 2017, a high-level delegation from Government of India and the United States met at NITI Aayog to plan the 2017 Global Entrepreneurship Summit, which is scheduled to be held from 28th – 30th November 2017 in Hyderabad.
- Where will be a three day international medical conference, ‘IMTechCon 2017’, began at CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH)held?
2. New Delhi
5. HyderabadAnswer – 3. Chandigarh
On 4th October 2017, a three day international medical conference, ‘IMTechCon 2017’, began at CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH), in Chandigarh. The aim ‘IMTechCon 2017’ is to engage industry and academic leaders to discuss current unmet medical needs at global level.
- Which country has ranked first in online harassment, in the Asia Pacific region as per the report of Norton by Symantec?
5. CambodiaAnswer – 3. India
On 4th October 2017, a report by Norton by Symantec, stated that India ranks first in online harassment, in the Asia Pacific region. Norton by Symantec released a report on online harassment. This report surveyed 1,035 adults in India.India has faced highest levels of online harassment in the Asia Pacific Region. 8 out of 10 surveyed Indians said that, they had encountered some form of online harassment.
- Which one of the below district became the first completely Open Defecation Free (ODF) tribe district of Rajasthan?
5. DungarpurAnswer – 5. Dungarpur
Dungarpur district of Udaipur division became the first completely Open Defecation Free (ODF) tribe district of Rajasthan.It also had declared as the cleanest city of the state for the year 2016 and 2017.
- Under the chairmanship of whom RBI forms High-level Task Force on Public Credit Registry?
1. Kishore Kumar
2. Yeshwant M. Deosthalee
3. Hemant Kumar
4. Mukesh Chandramouli
5. Manna H. DeyAnswer – 2. Yeshwant M. Deosthalee
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has formed a High-level Task Force on Public Credit Registry (PCR) for India. The task force has been constituted under the chairmanship of Yeshwant M. Deosthalee.
The High-level Task Force on Public Credit Registry (PCR) for India consists of representatives from various stakeholders including the Reserve Bank, banks, non-banking financial companies (NBFCs), industry bodies, and experts in information technology.
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) approves __________ million loan for India’s power sector.
1. USD 100-million
2. USD 200-million
3. USD 300-million
4. USD 400-million
5. USD 500-millionAnswer – Answer – 1. USD 100-million
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) will co-finance a USD 100-million loan for boosting the power sector in India.The loan will be used to improve power transmission network and expand the use of solar and wind energy.
- Name the Mobile wallet provider renamed its payment gateway on 5th Oct. 2017.
1. Jio Money
2. State Bank Buddy
5. MobikwikAnswer – 5. Mobikwik
On 5th October 2017, Mobile wallet provider, MobiKwik renamed its payment gateway as ‘MobiKwik Payment Gateway’.
- Which State Government signed a MoU with American payments solution company Mastercard for setting up centre of excellence?
2. Andhra Pradesh
4. West Bengal
5. BiharAnswer – 2. Andhra Pradesh
On October 5, 2017, Andhra Pradesh State Government signed a MoU with American payments solution company Mastercard for setting up centre of excellence in Vizag.
- Which entity receives the Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance, from the Institute of Directors, in London, on 25th October 2017?
1.Eagle Software solutions
2.Elite Eventz Management Company
4.Sri Ram Finance Corporation
5. Fun Designers Event Management CompanyAnswer – 3.Take Solutions
TAKE Solutions would receive the Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance, from the Institute of Directors, in London, on 25th October 2017. The Golden Peacock Award is given by the Institute of Directors, in London. It honours extra-ordianry organisational performances through a three-tier process.
- Name the bollywood actress becomes the brand ambassador of Delhi Dynamos, the first Indian Football Club?
1. Jacqueline Fernandez
2. Shradha Kapoor
3. Katrina Kaif
4. Deepika Padukone
5. Anushka SharmaAnswer – 1. Jacqueline Fernandez
On 4th October 2017, Delhi Dynamos FC announced that Bollywood actress Jacqueline Fernandez will be the club’s brand ambassador for the upcoming Indian Super League season.
- Who will be the event ambassador for the ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup 2018?
1. Tim Southee
2. Kane Williamson
3. Martin Guptill
4. Trent Boult
5. Corey AndersonAnswer – 5. Corey Anderson
On 5th October 2017, International Cricket Council (ICC) announced New Zealand all-rounder, Corey Anderson as the event ambassador for the ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup 2018. The under-19 World Cup starts on 13thJanuary 2018. The 16-team tournament will be held in New Zealand for the third time in history. It will be played in four cities.
- Who has been appointed as next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Macedonia?
1. Ankita Goel
2. Simran Kaur
3. Monica Chambial
4. Pooja Kapur
5. Priya KumarAnswer – 4. Pooja Kapur
On 4th October 2017, Ms.Pooja Kapur, presently the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Bulgaria, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Macedonia.
- Which Indian corporation has acquired 30 % interest in the Namibian Petroleum Exploration License (PEL) 37, from UK’s Tullow Oil?
1. Indian Oil Corporation
3. Hindustan Petrolium
4. ONGC Videsh Ltd
5. Bharat PetroleumAnswer – 4. ONGC Videsh Ltd
On 4th October 2017, ONGC Videsh Ltd (OVL), the overseas arm of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), announced that, it has acquired 30 % interest in the Namibian Petroleum Exploration License (PEL) 37, from UK’s Tullow Oil.
- Which of the following has certified the clearing arms of National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) as qualified central counterparty (CCP)?
1. European Securities & Markets Authority
2. North American Securities & Markets Authority
3. African Securities & Markets Authority
4. Asian Securities & Markets Authority
5. South American Securities & Markets AuthorityAnswer – 1. European Securities & Markets Authority
European Securities & Markets Authority (ESMA) has certified the clearing arms of National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) as qualified central counterparty (CCP). A central counterparty (CCP) is a corporate entity which guarantees the terms of a trade even if a buyer or seller defaults on the agreement.
- In which field Kazuo Ishiguro won 2017 Nobel Prize?
5. PhysiologyAnswer – 3. Literature
British author Kazuo Ishiguro has won 2017 Nobel Prize in Literature. Kazuo Ishiguro is best known for his novel ‘The Remains of the Day’.He was born in Nagasaki, Japan. Kazuo Ishiguro has written eight books, which have been translated into over 40 languages.
- Who has topped in Forbes India Rich List 2017 for 10th consecutive year?
1. Lakshmi Mittal
2. Pallonji Mistry
3. Hinduja Brothers
4. Mukesh Ambani
5. Azim PremjiAnswer – 4. Mukesh Ambani
With a net worth of $38 billion, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) chairman Mukesh Ambani has topped Forbes’s India Rich List 2017. He has topped Forbes rich list for 10th consecutive year.
- Which of the below multinational manufacturing company has unveil its new campaign ‘#HereToCreate’ for FIFA U-17 World Cup in India?
5. VansAnswer – 3. Adidas
On 4th September 2017, Adidas launched its new campaign named #HereToCreate, to inspire young football talent in India and to kick start a football revolution for FIFA U-17 World Cup in India.
- Name the first Indian won a European racing championship, by winning the Boss GP Championship (Formula Class) title, at Imola, Italy.
1. Karun Chandhok
2. Parthiva Sureshwaran
3. Armaan Ibrahim
4. Gaurav Gill
5. Mahaveer RaghunathanAnswer – 5. Mahaveer Raghunathan
On 4th October 2017, Mahaveer Raghunathan became the first Indian to win a European racing championship, by winning the Boss GP Championship (Formula Class) title, at Imola, Italy.
- Who won India’s first ever gold medal at Wushu World Championships, in Russia?
1.Y Sanathoi Devi
2. Surya Bhanu Pratap
3. Uchit Sharma
4. Pooja Kadian
5. Vedhika NairAnswer – 4. Pooja Kadian
On 4th October 2017, Pooja Kadian created history by winning India’s first ever gold medal at Wushu World Championships, in Russia. Pooja Kadian, a Central Reserve Police Force’s (CRPF) Wushu champion, finished on top in the 75 kg women’s Sanda Category by defeating Evgeniya Stepanova of Russia in the finals.
- On 5th October 2017, World Teachers Day is observed all over the world. Theme of 2017 World Teachers Day is _____________________.
1. ‘Passion in Teaching , Makes powerful Teachers’
2. ‘Teaching in Freedom, Empowering Teachers’
3. ‘Respect Teachers – deliver valuable education’
4. ‘Teach wisely , Reach Zenith’
5. ‘A way of Teaching is art’Answer – 2. ‘Teaching in Freedom, Empowering Teachers’
On 5th October 2017, World Teachers Day is observed all over the world. World Teachers Day is also known as International Teachers Day. Since 1994, it is celebrated worldwide. Theme of 2017 World Teachers Day is ‘Teaching in Freedom, Empowering Teachers’. It insists on teachers to enjoy professional independence, freedom and the tools needed to deliver quality education, which must take into account learners’ circumstances, needs and expectations.
- World Animal Day is observed on ______________ every year.
5.5th Oct.Answer – 4. 4thOct.
World Animal Day is observed on 4thOct. every year.World Animal Day is an international day of action for animal rights and welfare celebrated annually on October 4, the feast day of Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.
- Ken Youngstein ‘s book ,‘The Singing Tree’ launched to spread awareness on preventing child __________.
4. Heart disease
5. BlindnessAnswer – 5. Blindness
On 4th October 2017, a book titled ‘The Singing Tree’ was launched by an international NGO, Orbis India, to spread awareness on preventing child blindness. The book ‘The Singing Tree’ is about visual impairment due to refractive error in children. This is a part of Orbis India’s programme to reach over three million school children, screen and treat them for refractive error.